Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Yup, its going to be a boring game but I'm also wanting to check Tannehill

Hate that I have see it on the internet though, horrible quality.

I'm just going to focus in on the QBs this season. won't even bother to look at any other position. Have to think the redskins will focus in on Qb next draft.

only QB I didn't get a chance to see was Nick Foles this weekend. Have to find a torrent..

I'm impressed with barkley, really impressed with his ability to throw right between the numbers and on time. He doesn't hold the ball at all. I just wish kiffin would open up the playbook some more. Barkley threw 50 times I think and majority were short to intermediate throws. Not a lot of 5-7 step drops.

Barkley though is showing something that we like which is in between the hash marks accuracy which is what they like from Grossman. He's someone I would like to see in B&G as a QB

Nine I'm not sure Niles Paul deserved to make the roster. I'm not sure Donte Stallworth should have been kept either. I'm nervous about having only 3 backup offensive linemen. I'm also nervous about carrying only six defensive linemen and three safeties. That indicates the FO is probably planning to play Gomes a lot at safety IMO. I'm also not sure why we're holding onto Byron Westbrook. My guess is he'll be cut when Buchanon comes back.

I'm not sure about the decision to keep Sellers over Keiland Williams. Positional versatility and special teams were probably the deciding factors. A FB/TE is probably more valuable than a FB/HB when you consider our depth at each position. Sellers is also a special teams captain.

imo, they kept paul because they have liked everything they have seen from him so far. would he have been picked up via waivers? not sure, but i think shanny and friends would have been kicking themselves had he been picked up.. so they kept him. i expect stallworth to be cut soon.

as for the safety and cb, i think the coaches' selections were picked around buchanon not being on the roster. i think gomes and thompson will get a trial by fire here, and the positions will be reassesed when buchanon comes back, with most likely westbrook, or possibly thompson being cut at that time.

im not sure what people saw in keiland.. he filled in last year, but i didnt see anything special. too slow to be a rb. not better than sellers at fb. sellers is more valuable to special teams and william's play was not outstanding enough to warrant getting rid of sellers.

I hope RGIII does come back to earth a little bit, that way he'll be on the board around the middle of the draft where we will probably be picking. :ols:

Right now the word in Waco is that RGIII will return for his senior year because his father thinks that is what is best. But of course that is all subject to change depending on the year he has.

And yes I agree that that Luck is more polished, but RG is much more of an athlete.

I'll cosign that. At least bring him in and plumb him for info about Dallas like our NFC East foes always do with our releases.

I think Olshansky has been rumored to be beaded to Houston to reunite with Wade phillips.

he should come h ere.

Review of Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M QB

SMU @ A&M - 09/04/11

Final Score: 46-14 Aggies

Com Att Yds YPA TD Int

21---26--246--9.5---2--0

A good game for Tannehill. He made very accurate throws and did a good job of placing the ball where only the recievers could make a play. He wasnt pressured often, but evaded the rush when he was pressured and made subsequent good throws. Many designed QB rollouts; Tannehill is comfortable and accurate while on the move. His arm strength looked average, with 1 to 2 throws showing above average arm strenth. Lots of bubble screens and short routes; was content to take what the defense game him.

Both touchdown passes were above average. His 32 yard touchdown pass to Prioleau up the middle was one of his best plays of the day. The pass was on the money through coverage, with good touch, and led the receiver perfectly. His 28 yard TD pass to Swope was on target, throwing across the body while on the move.

He made few mistakes.. on a 3rd and 2 he made a poor decision to target a RB in the flats who did not have a chance to get the 1st down even if the pass had been caught. On a 15 yard completion, he did not see a wide open receiver for what would have been an easy TD. Also, there was a fumble when faking a handoff.

This was a good game for Tannehill, but he was not pressured tonight and did not have to make many difficult throws. His receivers have some talent and looked pretty open out of their breaks, and the A&M running backs are very good. In general, Tannehill's weapons were much more potent that SMU's defense, but Tannehill made few mistakes and showed great accuracy. A better defense will be a good test for him.

Play-by-Play

1st quarter

Drive 1:

2nd and 10 at SMU 33:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Michael Lamothe for 16 yards to the SMU 17 for a 1ST down. Rollout to right, good placement while on the move. Not a perfect spiral.

Drive 2:

1st and 10 at SMU 20:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Ryan Swope for 15 yards to the SMU 5 for a 1ST down.- Pass a little underthrown, good catch

1st and Goal at SMU 5:

SMU penalty 3 yard Pass Interference accepted, no play.

Drive 3:

1st and 19 at TA&M 15:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Cyrus Gray for 4 yards to the TexAM 19. Rb screen. on target throw.

2nd and 15 at TA&M 19:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Uzoma Nwachukwu for 13 yards to the TexAM 32. Not completely accurate, thrown a little wide. Good catch.

3rd and 2 at TA&M 32:

Ryan Tannehill pass incomplete to Cyrus Gray. On target, but poor decision, wouldnt have gotten the first down if he did catch it.

2nd quarter

Drive 4:

1st and 10 at TA&M 13:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Ryan Swope for 9 yards to the TexAM 22. On target bubble screen.

2nd and 1 at TA&M 22:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Ryan Swope for 8 yards to the TexAM 30 for a 1ST down. Quick snap and throw, on target bubble screen.

2nd and 8 at TA&M 32:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Ryan Swope for 8 yards to the TexAM 40 for a 1ST down. Evades pressure, on target throw.

2nd and 1 at TA&M 49:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Kenric McNeal for 10 yards to the SMU 41 for a 1ST down. On target throw.

1st and 10 at SMU 28:

Ryan Tannehill pass incomplete to Jeff Fuller. Evades pressure. Throws where only the receiver can catch it, but out of bounds. Other receivers are covered.

2nd and 10 at SMU 28:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Ryan Swope for 28 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. On target throw across the body.

Drive 5:

2nd and 7 at SMU 49:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Jeff Fuller for 10 yards to the SMU 39 for a 1ST down. On target

1st and 10 at SMU 39:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Ryan Swope for 20 yards to the SMU 19 for a 1ST down.- Good pocket presence, difficult throw, not perfect accuracy, but still good.

3rd Quarter

Drive 6:

1st and 10 at TA&M 20:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Ryan Swope for 7 yards to the TexAM 27. On target throw

2nd and 11 at TA&M 29:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Jeff Fuller for 15 yards to the TexAM 44 for a 1ST down. On target throw.

1st and 10 at TA&M 44:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Ryan Swope for 15 yards to the SMU 41 for a 1ST down. On target throw, but Tannehill misses a receiver that is wide open on a fly route for what would have been an easy TD.

1st and 10 at SMU 41:

Ryan Tannehill pass incomplete to Jeff Fuller. Fuller gets tangled up in coverage, Tannehill throws out of bounds.

3rd and Goal at SMU 2:

Ryan Tannehill pass incomplete. Pass blocked.. not a bad read, announcers note that the RB has to block the defender better.

Drive 7:

1st and 20 at TA&M 26:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Jeff Fuller for 10 yards to the TexAM 36. Pass on target.

3rd and 4 at TA&M 42:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Jeff Fuller for 6 yards to the TexAM 48 for a 1ST down. Pass on target. Nice zip.

1st and 10 at TA&M 48:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Jeff Fuller for 4 yards to the SMU 48. On target.

2nd and 6 at SMU 48:

Cyrus Gray rush for 11 yards to the SMU 37 for a 1ST down. Tannehill audibles into this play.

1st and 10 at SMU 37:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Uzoma Nwachukwu for 5 yards to the SMU 32. On target.

2nd and 5 at SMU 32:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Hutson Prioleau for 32 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. Great pass up the middle through defenders.. led the tight end well and on target.

4th quarter

Drive 8:

1st and 10 at TA&M 34:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Jeff Fuller for 6 yards to the TexAM 40. QB rollout to the left. some mustard on this throw. Accurate throw in tight coverage, good catch as well.

1st and 10 at SMU 32:

Ryan Tannehill rush for a loss of 4 yards, fumbled, recovered by TexAM Ryan Tannehill at the SMU 36. Tannehill leaves the ball out a little too far on the fake handoff, RB bumps into it and causes fumble. Tannehill recovers.

2nd and 19 at SMU 41:

Ryan Tannehill pass complete to Uzoma Nwachukwu for 5 yards to the SMU 36. On target throw.

3rd and 14 at SMU 36:

Ryan Tannehill pass incomplete to Christine Michael, TEXAS A&M penalty Holding on Brian Thomas declined. QB avoids pressure, makes accurate throw, RB drops it.

Drive 9:

3rd and 1 at SMU 31:

Ryan Tannehill rush for no gain to the SMU 31.

4th and 1 at SMU 31:

Christine Michael rush for 3 yards to the SMU 28 for a 1ST down. Tannehill gets stepped on by lineman and falls into the RB during the handoff. RB converts the 4th down though.

Same thing I said. He still looks like a HS Senior out there. But he's playing great so far aside from the INT in the endzone. Very good for a Sophomore.

Definitely! bad decision on the INT but outside of that very impressive game from him. Once he adds on weight and the arm strength he'll be a very good QB to watch

I will say that the scenario I've been playing out in my head in terms of drafting that I would go nuts for, is getting Kuechly in round 1 and then in round 2 getting Tannehill. That would potentially give us 2 guys who can be studs for a long time. Kuechly would be Fletcher's replacement and Tannehill IMO is a very good fit in this offense.

Archived