Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I agree, like most people, Griffin is another one of those freaks of nature. amazing talent, huge upside, blah blah blah. But can he play consistently? can he do that every game against better defense. he runs with the ball hanging out, any little hit will knock the ball out of his hands. Before the game I did expect a close match-up but I never expected Griffin to completely destroy TCU in one half. He almost lost the game in the forth, I don't blame him though, I blame horrible play calling. Still, qbs like netwon, like vick in college do well even with bad play calling.

All I'm saying is wait till he gets through the season. After that performance everyone is going to watch him play.

Hate to quote those TCU fans but, "If they had Dalton, TCU would have won". If Casey Pachall didn't throw that interception or threw a winning TD. We'd be talking about him. (he would of had 5tds too..)

I just can't see griffin doing that again. Its one of those insane games that doesn't happen every week especially for one player.

Does he have talent? Sure, but I have to see that constantly before putting him in the same class as luck.

Luck might have a Locker year actually, at least that's what I hope...

I am on the RG3 bandwagon

I have not seen that type of ablity since Steve mcnair at alcorn state where he just as dominat also m Vick at Va tech.

I watched his youtube vidoes and I saw more athlete than passer, but last night changed that. I do agree with Soup to a point that baylor schedule is tought

with texas, ou, and Ok state on it. But I beleive he still has the talent to shine against tougher opponets

To be fair, Vince Young had one of those unbelievable games against a premier defense in the country in the national championship a few years ago, and he had perfectly ideal size for the qb position. Obviously Griffin tops him on passing and IS faster (though not completely sure he's the better runner) but I wouldn't anoint him just yet. Those corners were getting beat silly, they just did not play well. That 64 yard td was a bit of a line drive to his guy like how Kolb throws the long ball, and the cb should have had the pass breakup but he mistimed it. His arm strength, while adequate, also isn't going to be among the best in the league. Vick had a stronger arm in college, at least from what I saw in that game. He also, at least it appeared to me, didn't have a very good feel for the pass rush. Either he was sticking in the pocket making gutsy throws or he just didn't feel the pressure on a few hits, that will come back to haunt him in the nfl. And let's not forget their runningback tore up this TCU defense too, so TCU may not be what they used to be.

Not taking away any credit from him he had a great game and has elite tools, and I would definitely want him at qb over Barkley or Jones. Either way Luck and him both look to be excellent prospects.

If RGIII puts all of his gifts together then you simply can't defend him. Again, he's Mike Vick if Vick had QB size and could pass when he was 21 years old. Luck has nowhere near that kind of individual playmaking upside. No one does save Vick. RGIII can put an entire offense on his back and score touchdowns at will.
I'm with you in as much that I agree that Griffin is more talented then Luck; I think most making an a true honest assessment should be able to admit that.

I get what you're saying and I agree to an extent but..I think you go too far here:

Again, he's Mike Vick if Vick had QB size and could pass when he was 21 years old.
Mike Vick has always been a naturally gifted arm talent: velocity, deep ball and a rock solid throwing motion/throwing mechanics.

I haven't watched as much RGIII but from what I've seen his throwing motion/throwing mechanics aren't as clean nor does he the same arm strength as Vick.

Lets not forget that Mike Vick was already in the NFL when he was 21 the No.1 draft pick no less.

Griff definitely has some Vick in his game, but most elite QBs in the NFL aren't amazing athletes. The ones who win championships are generally cerebral and methodical passers, guys like the Mannings, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Warner, etc. The only real exception in recent memory is Roethlsiberger who relies more on making plays with his athleticism and cannon arm but even he's a much better passer than he used to be. Even looking back in history guys like Elway and Young didn't win until they evolved their games and became less playmakers and more passers.

That's how I feel about Griffin. 6'3 220 pounds running a sub 4.4 40 with a huge vertical and broad jump plus an elite arm, work ethic, instincts and head for the position. I challenge anyone to come up with a QB like him who's come before.
I hope we can have a good discussion about this topic, but when you use the word 'challenge' it kinda seems like you're ready to brawl or something. ;)

I can't really anser your question because I don't agree with everything in your assessment.

For example I'm not ready to say that Griff has elite arm talent, I have no idea about his 'head for the position' or work ethic, I don't know that he will run sub 4.4.

But, he certainly has an enormous amount of talent.

From last years draft alone I can think of 3 QBs with similar skillset (that actually do have elite arm talent; I concede that if Griff runs sub 4.4 he's faster then all of them but they're all gifted runners in their own right): Cam Newton, Jake Locker and Kaepernick.

his deep ball accuracy was INSANE last night.. (looking back on it now)

Yeah. Such anticipation and placement. It's freaking incredible. Nobody really airs it out like that. He was making those 30+ yard plays look routine. Those are such hard plays to stick and he was on the money every single time. I mean there was a stretch there where he wouldn't miss a single throw. You knew when that ball went into the air that poor CB had no shot no matter how he covered his man. They were making the play. It wasn't all just airing it out on 35-40 yard ropes on a 9 route down the sidelines either. He was sticking 15 to 20 yard drags working over the safeties in the middle of the field.

TCU has a dominant defense--ranked #1 in the country three years in a row. That's one of the very best defenses CFB has to offer. But Griffin showed last night that you just can't defend him when he's throwing the ball like that. It's like Michael Vick was last year in the Monday Night Massacre. He's a passer first, olympic athlete second. We've never seen this combination of talents at the CFB level before.

Hate to quote those TCU fans but, "If they had Dalton, TCU would have won". If Casey Pachall didn't throw that interception or threw a winning TD. We'd be talking about him. (he would of had 5tds too..)

Of course TCU would have won that game if they had Andy Dalton. They're one of the premier college programs in the country with the guy who is regarded by his peers as the best head coach in CFB at the helm. Baylor is Baylor, perennial have nots of AQ conference play.

I agree, like most people, Griffin is another one of those freaks of nature. amazing talent, huge upside, blah blah blah. But can he play consistently? can he do that every game against better defense. he runs with the ball hanging out, any little hit will knock the ball out of his hands. Before the game I did expect a close match-up but I never expected Griffin to completely destroy TCU in one half. He almost lost the game in the forth, I don't blame him though, I blame horrible play calling. Still, qbs like netwon, like vick in college do well even with bad play calling.

All I'm saying is wait till he gets through the season. After that performance everyone is going to watch him play.

I just can't see griffin doing that again. Its one of those insane games that doesn't happen every week especially for one player.

Does he have talent? Sure, but I have to see that constantly before putting him in the same class as luck.

Luck might have a Locker year actually, at least that's what I hope...

Griffen didn't almost lost that game the Coach did. He hand cuffed RG3 when he is hot. I mean he was hitting everything deep and the Coach just let off the gas. I really am starting to hate bubble screens like Gruden said. He probably would have finished with 7 td passes and 500 yards if the coach didnt let off the gas.

---------- Post added September-3rd-2011 at 02:31 PM ----------

All I got to say is this sounds like the Manning vs Ryan Leaf......consistency vs potential. We all saw how that went; I will take the consistent guy all the time. I am still on the luck bandwagon

RG3 is mature if you hear his interviews. Leaf was a mental midget. Plus Leaf is no where near talented as RG3.

---------- Post added September-3rd-2011 at 02:36 PM ----------

To be fair, Vince Young had one of those unbelievable games against a premier defense in the country in the national championship a few years ago, and he had perfectly ideal size for the qb position. Obviously Griffin tops him on passing and IS faster (though not completely sure he's the better runner) but I wouldn't anoint him just yet. Those corners were getting beat silly, they just did not play well. That 64 yard td was a bit of a line drive to his guy like how Kolb throws the long ball, and the cb should have had the pass breakup but he mistimed it. His arm strength, while adequate, also isn't going to be among the best in the league. Vick had a stronger arm in college, at least from what I saw in that game. He also, at least it appeared to me, didn't have a very good feel for the pass rush. Either he was sticking in the pocket making gutsy throws or he just didn't feel the pressure on a few hits, that will come back to haunt him in the nfl. And let's not forget their runningback tore up this TCU defense too, so TCU may not be what they used to be.

Not taking away any credit from him he had a great game and has elite tools, and I would definitely want him at qb over Barkley or Jones. Either way Luck and him both look to be excellent prospects.

Man 3 of those TDs the Corner was side by side with the WR and he just put it in the bread basket. Can't take nothing from him on those passes not even Luck made throws like that multiple times in one game. Ummm... Vick arm is the best in the league.

Lucky Auburn...good game to watch.

Are the WR's Austin and Stallworth familie of our 'Skins?

Liked the play of the QB of Utah St. Reminds me a bit of Keap (the current SF QB), don't know if his arm is that strong...but his style really looks the same.

Griffin the III, just wauw. I'm always scared to jump the Afro American QB wagon because they don't win Super Bowls in the NFL (unless your name is Doug W.). But I love to see him play. It is so much fun.

.....I'm always scared to jump the Afro American QB wagon because they don't win Super Bowls in the NFL (unless your name is Doug W.). But I love to see him play. It is so much fun.
....hmmm what year is it?

---------- Post added September-3rd-2011 at 03:54 PM ----------

kobeyuck.png
Thank you.

I was about to get myself banned.

No racist but it is a fact. Can't help that and Griffin probally doesn't fit our systeme. He is a deep first QB in my opinion, he probally would fit a off. like Eagels better.

Just stop while you aren't too far behind, please. This isn't going anywhere good.

No racist but it is a fact. Can't help that and Griffin probally doesn't fit our systeme. He is a deep first QB in my opinion, he probally would fit a off. like Eagels better.

But if I gave anybody a bad feeling by making that comment, I'm sorry for that. Didn't want to hurt anybody.

Dude that is Mike's offense read deep first then checkdown to other level. He would fit here perfectly. Especially if he can sit for 1 year.

---------- Post added September-3rd-2011 at 04:05 PM ----------

Matt Barkley and Case Keenum playing right now. And Im checkingin on EJ Manual.

Dude that is Mike's offense read deep first then checkdown to other level. He would fit here perfectly. Especially if he can sit for 1 year.

Hmmm, interesting. In the preseason I had the feeling we where switching to a more short passing game first look. But I can be wrong. I don't play and coach D# because I'm a off. QB guru.

Lucky Auburn...good game to watch.

Are the WR's Austin and Stallworth familie of our 'Skins?

Liked the play of the QB of Utah St. Reminds me a bit of Keap (the current SF QB), don't know if his arm is that strong...but his style really looks the same.

Griffin the III, just wauw. I'm always scared to jump the Afro American QB wagon because they don't win Super Bowls in the NFL (unless your name is Doug W.). But I love to see him play. It is so much fun.

This is just stupid. What does it matter their color? Who looks for that anyway?

It's a rhetorical question, by the way.

---------- Post added September-3rd-2011 at 03:27 PM ----------

Yeah i sure they replay some of these games. Its tooo many.

Should on espn3.com

Archived