Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Griffin is killing TCU..

---------- Post added September-2nd-2011 at 10:30 PM ----------

Wow, that 64 yarder was impressive. It could have been thrown slightly better though, but nonetheless it was a pretty play. The throw on the run before it was nice too. This guy is looking great, but hasn't shown any of his speed at all. Impressive for a guy with his speed to not even use it.

TCU is playing bad defense though...

funny tweet....

Mengus22 Mark Ennis

Baylor. RT @Swagsman84: Oregon/LSU.....who ya got?

---------- Post added September-2nd-2011 at 10:53 PM ----------

if he holds up like this the rest of the year i would not mind 1 bit this guy as our QB.

No way it happens, you'd be considered a prophet and need to work for a gambling site if Griffin does that the entire season.

No one expected baylor to destroy TCU like this. Most expected a close game until half and then TCU taking it in the second. Didn't hear anything about Griffin throwing bombs

Robert Griffin the third.

He's not even half man. He's pure amazing.

That was one of the most impressive displays of quarterbacking I've ever seen.

Andrew Luck is the best QB in CFB off a script.

RGIII is the best QB in CFB.

TCU is not chopped liver. They have a good defense. They made 51 PPG Wisconsin look impotent. You don't go from 3 consecutive seasons of #1 in the country ranked defenses to trash in one spring. They just literally could not stop him. This is what a transcendental talent does. He's better than Newton. He's Vick at Tech if Vick could pass. He has the same ability to make every game he plays look like a High School game no matter what level he's playing. He's always the best football player on the field. RGIII should be the #1 pick when he declares.

Nobody who reads the draft threads should have been surprised by what happened tonight. You know why? Because Dukes called this a ****ing year ago. Props where props are do. Dukes was the first to notice him outside of Waco, Texas.

Andrew Luck is a great prospect. Reminds me of a nice mix between Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler. But he's simply not as talented as RGIII. What's he look like when you take that script away? What's he look like when he gets sacked more than six times a season? What's he look like without multiple early NFL draft picks and Rimmington finalists blocking in front of him? What's he look like when his team doesn't run the ball 65% of the time? What's he look like when he doesn't get to work off play action throwing into enormous passing windows because a defense can't cope with all of his offense's motion and actually get lined up correctly? What's he going to look like when he actually has to make plays on his own and deal with some durress?

Right now if I'm picking #1 overall and I get to choose between Luck and RGIII it's an agonizingly tough choice.

after one game???

Luck over Griffin by a mile. Highly doubt he keeps it up the whole season. What happened to that magic in the 4th quarter?? they barely moved the ball.

Have to admit it was impressive in the first half but I'd hold my tongue with griffin, need to see whole season before putting him in class with Luck..denard Robinson looked legit in the beginning of last season. Even Heisman talks, but couldn't keep it up the whole year.

Hell of a performance by RGIII but he's not on Luck's level, It'll be interesting to see how he pans out throughout the season though, that's for sure

No way. Luck has no where near the talent RGIII does. He never has.

Luck has incubated in the absolute most desirable environment any QB could possibly hope for. He's a product of that environment and so is his success and his media perception. Swap the situations of Andrew Luck and Jake Locker (or even RGIII) and you've got an enormously different perception of Luck.

I like Luck, but I would never claim he's more talented than RGIII is. He's simply not.

He's cleaner than RGIII... for the moment. That's a big difference.

I've watched Luck and jumped on his bandwagon looooong before the majority of media observers did. I've been one of his most vocal supporters for over a year, even going so far as to rank him as my #1 QB as a RS Soph well before the everyone and their mother figured out he was good. But I also understand his shortcomings and I've never been blinded by his larger than life hype.

And I claimed RGIII was more talented than Luck months ago.

If RGIII puts all of his gifts together then you simply can't defend him. Again, he's Mike Vick if Vick had QB size and could pass when he was 21 years old. Luck has nowhere near that kind of individual playmaking upside. No one does save Vick. RGIII can put an entire offense on his back and score touchdowns at will. Vick is the only other QB I've seen do that at the NFL level. Griffin put on a clinic of arm strength, arm talent, playmaking, anticipation, timing, efficiency, decision making, accuracy, poise, and toughness tonight. Against one of the premier programs in the country with a Baylor supporting cast. Just wait until you see Griffin actually run.

Well I'll say one thing, this is a prime year for us to nab our QB of the future, this looks to be one of the better QB crops to come out in quite some time, I'll try to follow all of the top prospects if I have the time and opportunity, I'll keep up with this thread too as the regulars do a great job of putting out information

I expect to see a ton of fumbles from Griffin this season...

Just can't agree with you steve on this one. Baylor has a hard schedule, just can't see him perform like that the whole season.

He doesn't have to. The natural talent is there. I honestly can't think of a college QB with his set of natural gifts before. Vick is the closest I come to but Vick wasn't as big nor skilled a passer as Griffin is. Griffin is pretty much an olympic caliber track athlete with elite arm talent and NFL size. Who's had that combination before?

Remember how Vick was utterly unstoppable at times last season? How when he was clicking a defense simply couldn't cope with him for more than a quarter or two no matter what they did?

Griffin has the potential to reach that pitch of perfection on a regular basis. He's big and strong like Vick isn't. His body can cope with an NFL schedule where Vick's can't.

Right now, Griffin is to quarterbacks what Trent Williams is to left tackles--a true freak of nature that no defender can match when he's playing up to his ability. How do you realistically defend him when that happens? I can't think of anyway. Remember when Shanahan said TW was the most gifted offensive lineman he'd ever been around? A 320 pounder who runs a 4.8 with brutal strength and nastiness to flatten defenders at any level. That's how I feel about Griffin. 6'3 220 pounds running a sub 4.4 40 with a huge vertical and broad jump plus an elite arm, work ethic, instincts and head for the position. I challenge anyone to come up with a QB like him who's come before.

Archived