Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh Yeah, We definitely Suck At Formatting Thread Titles Correctly. (MET-8:20 am)

Maxima2000

35-0 in the 1st Quarter...on national television

don't forget that brah

Which gave the Eagles a split with us. Don't forget that brah.

---------- Post added August-19th-2011 at 07:10 AM ----------

I think we caught the Steelers cold last week, but the Eagles were up for that game last night, no mistake. Look at the aggression in the first series where they should've got flagged for a late hit on Roethlisberger and then later the facemask.

Did anyone see the retaliation hit by Foster a couple plays after the Roethlisberger hit? He went after a guys knees at the end of the play from behind. They threw a flag but picked it up. Not sure why.

Here's my take on the Eagles.

1) the biggest issue is Juan Castillo. He's an idiot. He isn't using his players correctly. This could change, but right now it's a huge issue.

2) the Eagles Linebackers suck. Arians gameplanned to exploit this. Lot's of throws out of the back field and lots of runs. Casey Matthews is going to be a decent linebacker in my opinion (not great) but he will be a liability this season.

Now, by no means do I think the Redskins are world beaters after last night, I think there was a little something extra in that game for the Steelers after they got folded-up last week, but I think the Eagles have a lot of issues and you already saw guys complaining last night when things weren't looking too good.

HAIL!

As I pointed out in the game thread, its evident to me that vick has self-inflated his ego to the point where its ready pop, which might've happened last night. After the way I heard him talking about himself on the pregame show on fox philly 29, I was happy as hell to see the steelers kick the **** out of the eagles, and more specifically, vick.

Good grief. It is still the preseason right? Were there any major injuries to the Eagles? No?? Then there really is very little to note about the game. Why is it everytime we win a preseason game or one of our adversaries lose one of these games you get idiots jumping around saying we are contenders or our opponents are destined for a top 10 pick? Come on now unless this is the very first time you have seen NFL football you should know better.

Baloney!

If Grossman had the game against the Steelers last week that Vick had last night, this board would've MELTED DOWN.

And you probably would've been the first ones to go into puddle mode. :)

The fact is, Vick was bad last night. He made bad decisions and look befuddled at times. You think that was the plan? Or the Eagles weren't trying?

What is lost in this is how bad the Eagles 'D' looked. They looked uncoordinated and undisciplined.

No one is saying that the Eagles are going to stink this year or that the Redskins are contenders now. We are saying that while you can discount the score in preseason, you can't always discount the performance.

---------- Post added August-19th-2011 at 07:51 AM ----------

As I pointed out in the game thread, its evident to me that vick has self-inflated his ego to the point where its ready pop, which might've happened last night. After the way I heard him talking about himself on the pregame show on fox philly 29, I was happy as hell to see the steelers kick the **** out of the eagles, and more specifically, vick.

This is what I believe too.

It seems like Vick has started to believe his own hype that he is some sort of unstoppable super weapon.

For the Eagles sake, this game last night may have humbled him some.

For our sake, hopefully it doesn't. :)

The fact is, Vick was bad last night. He made bad decisions and look befuddled at times. You think that was the plan? Or the Eagles weren't trying?

What is lost in this is how bad the Eagles 'D' looked. They looked uncoordinated and undisciplined.

Unless you were in the eagles and steelers team meetings this week you have no idea who was game planning. This does have some effect on the end result.

Having said that the eagles, vick in particular, just looked downright bad. Like others have said, I thnk this game meant more to the steelers to show that the team on the field last week was not the real steelers.

Unless you were in the eagles and steelers team meetings this week you have no idea who was game planning. This does have some effect on the end result.

Having said that the eagles, vick in particular, just looked downright bad. Like others have said, I thnk this game meant more to the steelers to show that the team on the field last week was not the real steelers.

The problems the Eagles showed last night had little to do with gameplanning.

Most teams (outside the Patriots) don't gameplan in the preseason. They are only interested in evaluating talent, spotting strengths and weaknesses, and so forth. In fact, if the Eagles didn't gameplan, that makes last night even worse b/c it means Vick and the 'O' couldn't even execute basic stuff.

So am I to assume that you are one of the folks who think that the Steelers laid down for us last week?

Blind?! Ha! I hope that was an attempt at bad humor. I have almost two decades of bonified reasons to be pessimistic. Where have you been? I swear its like you could go outside everyday for your entire life and see green grass and as soon as dan snyder puts a billboard up saying its purple you clowns believe it. Pff. Your heartbreak not mine.

Then why are you here? Why are you a fan of the Redskins? Go be an Eagles or Patriots fan. Seriously dude you are weak. The team is headed in the right direction. Who is to say we don't over achieve and make the playoffs? It happens every year. Losing sucks no doubt about that but do you know what's even better? Watching players like Landry and Orakpo grow into the players they are becoming. And when the day comes when this team is constantly competetive again I will be proud to say I cheer my ass of for them while they grew as a team and an organization. So I believe I speak for just about everyone when I say either STFU or get the **** out!

35-0 in the 1st Quarter...on national television

don't forget that brah

If that is what you are hanging your hat on then you are blind. You talk about a 35-0 halftime whooping that happened last year as something we all are going to be afraid of. You need to check history and see how much better the Eagles are. Have you won a Super Bowl? NO! Have you ever won a NFL Championship? NO! So how are the Eagles so much better than the Redskins? One game doesn't make you better it only makes you better for that one game. Winning championships puts you in an elite class that the Eagles will never enjoy or their fans will ever enjoy until they win one. So just like Mercury Morris says, "Let me know when you are in my neighborhood," when he talks about teams going undefeated and winning it all.

If that is what you are hanging your hat on then you are blind. You talk about a 35-0 halftime whooping that happened last year as something we all are going to be afraid of. You need to check history and see how much better the Eagles are. Have you won a Super Bowl? NO! Have you ever won a NFL Championship? NO! So how are the Eagles so much better than the Redskins? One game doesn't make you better it only makes you better for that one game. Winning championships puts you in an elite class that the Eagles will never enjoy or their fans will ever enjoy until they win one. So just like Mercury Morris says, "Let me know when you are in my neighborhood," when he talks about teams going undefeated and winning it all.

You could argue that 35-0 last year is more relevant today than a SB win 20 years ago. Just sayin.

not sure if this is the right question for this thread, but felt i would be ridiculed non stop for starting a new one talking about this so here it goes....

last year the NFL learned how to stop michael vick, the vikings showed us first by constantly having antoine winfield pressure vick and he was very successful. then in the playoffs, GB did the same thing with charles woodson. both of those guys are/were complete corners who at one point were among the best at their position. now i have no doubts that with rak and kerrigan and our new dline we will be able to pressure him, but my question is who will be our guy that we could use like antoine winfield or woodson? i dont know if i would want to pull wilson out of coverage to do this so im guessing im leaning towards barnes... any thoughts?

That's easy IMO, Landry. He is quicker then Vick and can pack a punch. He excels near the LOS not in coverage.

It's funny, I can see two main reactions to the Eagles game last night. 1.) OMG the Eagles were destroyed, they're not as good as everyone thinks (the media is seeming to echo this, or at least plant the seed in the viewers minds) or 2.) This is preseason, it means nothing. I watched to whole game, and neither are true. First, it was pretty obvious the Steelers' wanted to play better than they did last week, seeing is how they believe they were kind of "embarrassed." A couple Steelers players made reference to that. Second, the Eagles played poorly, they looked bad. Roethlisberger's first TD was because of blown coverage in the secondary, Vick looked terrible (made at 4-5 terrible throws and was lucky there was only 3 ints), and as a result the Steelers' dominated them. What does all of this mean? It means that the Steelers are a good team, and everyone including the media should slow down and not crown the Eagles as the Superbowl champions, as I tried to say right after they signed Nnamdi Asomugha.

The Eagles have a lot of talent, but if any fanbase can understand how having one of the most talented teams DOESN'T guarantee a Super Bowl trophy we should. Nothing can be interpreted by the score, stats or anything as concrete as those things. I've said it a few days ago after the Redskins' game....you have to look at the quality of play...that's the ONLY thing you can get from the preseason.

Despite Vick's horrendous performance there were a few things I took from the quality of play, and in my opinion theses are the only things you can get from the game.

1.) The right side of the Eagles' OL is not set, and still needs work, they definitely need to figure that out in the next 2 weeks or I will guarantee you Vick doesn't see 16 games and Young is going to have some playing time this season. (Personally I think Vick gets injured regardless just because of how he plays)

2.) The Eagles Defense has problems. They're not the '85 Bears. They have a long way to go in order to gel w/ each other...who would've thought that an "all star" team would have to learn to play together? The quicker they do this the better for them, but it's not going to happen over night.

The Eagles do not have a middle to their defense. Outside of their corners and the DL...there defense is empty. Gee I believe I said that before too. All of the their linebackers are not starting quality...at least not yet. As good as Jim Washburn is with the DL (and they will be good) Juan Castillo is NOT Jim Johnson just like Sean McDermott wasn't. He's not going to be able to hide the weakness they have at LB and at the safety position. I can't stress how underwhelming their starting LBers were, i'm not joking....if you have an opportunity to watch that game the LBers were absolutely destroyed. (Castillo spent almost all of his time with them on the sidelines). Most teams with a decent tight end and screen and running game should be able to eat up the middle of the field as of right now.

In addition, they need chemistry in their secondary. Their corners are not unbeatable...especially if a team is able to pick up a blitz. We know each of their corners have weaknesses. Samuel's is man coverage and tackling. Asomugha's is zone coverage and playing anything other than the right side. He definitely did not look as good covering in the slot. (According to him, he'll be required to do that often in the defense). Rogers-Cromartie's is double moves. In addition their safeties were non exsistant. Now I know this is preseason, and theoretically the Eagles could fix all these things before the start of the season, BUT........I want to make this clear, The Eagles are a good team despite the criticism, and will probably make the playoffs and compete. My point is that it doesn't mean that they're destined to win the Super Bowl, and it doesn't mean they're even the best team in the league.

Then why are you here? Why are you a fan of the Redskins? Go be an Eagles or Patriots fan. Seriously dude you are weak. The team is headed in the right direction. Who is to say we don't over achieve and make the playoffs? It happens every year. Losing sucks no doubt about that but do you know what's even better? Watching players like Landry and Orakpo grow into the players they are becoming. And when the day comes when this team is constantly competetive again I will be proud to say I cheer my ass of for them while they grew as a team and an organization. So I believe I speak for just about everyone when I say either STFU or get the **** out!

Haha. so everyone has to take part in your idiotic the redskins are awesome every year cuz i believe it fantasy to be a fan? I never said i wont enjoy watching the promising individual players grow and mature. But quite frankly thats really all there will be to watch. Furthermore, another mediocre season does nothing but hurt this teams chances for the future. Another losing season or two is what this team needs but youre to stupid to realize that...arent you. And I dont give a **** what you think, its hysterical to me that you still live in lala land.

Haha. so everyone has to take part in your idiotic the redskins are awesome every year cuz i believe it fantasy to be a fan? I never said i wont enjoy watching the promising individual players grow and mature. But quite frankly thats really all there will be to watch. Furthermore, another mediocre season does nothing but hurt this teams chances for the future. Another losing season or two is what this team needs but youre to stupid to realize that...arent you. And I dont give a **** what you think, its hysterical to me that you still live in lala land.

Might want to edit this post. I'll let you figure out which part breaks the rules. Just a friendly heads up.

You might want to tone it down a little. Otherwise you'll be on a week break or so.

Archived