Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh Yeah, We definitely Suck At Formatting Thread Titles Correctly. (MET-8:20 am)

Maxima2000

I feel the same about blind pessimism. ;)

Blind?! Ha! I hope that was an attempt at bad humor. I have almost two decades of bonified reasons to be pessimistic. Where have you been? I swear its like you could go outside everyday for your entire life and see green grass and as soon as dan snyder puts a billboard up saying its purple you clowns believe it. Pff. Your heartbreak not mine.

I think the whole "we have more SBs than you" argument is cheap. Its a easy way out and as Redskin fans I don't think we should bring that up because i'm sure we don't want Cowboy fans bringing up their 5 SBs. In terms of the 35-0 game...well its deeper than just "last year". The Eagles were too confident coming into that game like they were talking trash all week and before the game. i felt as though after they studied the film they saw multiple things in Haslett defense that they can easily take advantage of. I personally think as long as Haslett is our DC then Reid is going to have his way with him. The first game was early in the season and i'm sure the Eagles didn't have much tape.

I think the whole "we have more SBs than you" argument is cheap. Its a easy way out and as Redskin fans I don't think we should bring that up because i'm sure we don't want Cowboy fans bringing up their 5 SBs. In terms of the 35-0 game...well its deeper than just "last year". The Eagles were too confident coming into that game like they were talking trash all week and before the game. i felt as though after they studied the film they saw multiple things in Haslett defense that they can easily take advantage of. I personally think as long as Haslett is our DC then Reid is going to have his way with him. The first game was early in the season and i'm sure the Eagles didn't have much tape.

they exploited our defense very well in that game. also, there was a considerable amount of luck involved for them. i have never seen a game go in one team's favor to that degree. make no mistake about it though, it wont be happening again. our defense is a lot different this year. and our guys will be hungry for payback.

Why does everyone use that second Eagles game as a measuring stick to say how much we suck . I recall in 2005 we got destroyed by the Giants in the early game 36-0 but then beat them by 15 in the second game which was never even close . Also does no-one remember how we put 52 points up on the 49ers that season - it meant diddly squat in 2006 .

Team to beat in the division is and remains the packers . I am not sure the Eagles on paper are the best in the NFCE...

lol it's a pre-season game...if anything this just motivates them more. Which means bad news for us.

Garbage, they got spanked and thats it. They named themselves the dream team. I saw a nightmare with 3 interceptions preseason or not.

Blind?! Ha! I hope that was an attempt at bad humor. I have almost two decades of bonified reasons to be pessimistic. Where have you been? I swear its like you could go outside everyday for your entire life and see green grass and as soon as dan snyder puts a billboard up saying its purple you clowns believe it. Pff. Your heartbreak not mine.

I really don't understand this. It's a new season, anything can happen! Why not have some hope? If you're going to root for a team, there's really no point to being pessimistic about it.

Team to beat in the division is and remains the packers . I am not sure the Eagles on paper are the best in the NFCE...

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but the team to beat in the NFCE is definitely the Eagles.

It's preseason dude.

Chill out.

While the score doesn't count, the preseason CAN be a good barometer for how specific players/units are going to perform during the regular season. Especially when the starters are on the field. And let's face it, in this game, the Eagles' starters looked like crap all around.

it may be the preseason but any time I get a chance to laugh at Vick's ****y ass I will take it. he sucked it up BIG TIME tonight and that overhyped team looked like pure ****.

i dont care if joe mama was playing most of the game, the iggles lost plain and simple!

it may be the preseason but any time I get a chance to laugh at Vick's ****y ass I will take it. he sucked it up BIG TIME tonight and that overhyped team looked like pure ****.

i dont care if joe mama was playing most of the game, the iggles lost plain and simple!

It was a beautiful thing to watch! :point2sky

Good grief. It is still the preseason right? Were there any major injuries to the Eagles? No?? Then there really is very little to note about the game. Why is it everytime we win a preseason game or one of our adversaries lose one of these games you get idiots jumping around saying we are contenders or our opponents are destined for a top 10 pick? Come on now unless this is the very first time you have seen NFL football you should know better.

I think what this game shows is how much we got to the Steeler's last week.

It doesn't say a lot about how good we are, but the Steelers were desperate to show that they were not that team.

I think we caught the Steelers cold last week, but the Eagles were up for that game last night, no mistake. Look at the aggression in the first series where they should've got flagged for a late hit on Roethlisberger and then later the facemask. Once the game slipped away from them, *then* they started not to care so much. The Eagles offense looks much the same as last year, dangerous if things go thier way but a good defense can frustrate them. On defense the secondary looked surprisingly suspect, though there's nothing wrong with their defensive line.

Who cares if it's only preseason? No one else is tickled to death watching the new ESPN darlings pratfall on their faces? Watching Vick throw three picks is better than any movie I've seen this year. You should all be happy at such a momumental crapfest, even if it's meaningless.

I guess some people don't try to play hard in the pre-season....good. They deserve to get their asses kicked. LOL!

not sure if this is the right question for this thread, but felt i would be ridiculed non stop for starting a new one talking about this so here it goes....

last year the NFL learned how to stop michael vick, the vikings showed us first by constantly having antoine winfield pressure vick and he was very successful. then in the playoffs, GB did the same thing with charles woodson. both of those guys are/were complete corners who at one point were among the best at their position. now i have no doubts that with rak and kerrigan and our new dline we will be able to pressure him, but my question is who will be our guy that we could use like antoine winfield or woodson? i dont know if i would want to pull wilson out of coverage to do this so im guessing im leaning towards barnes... any thoughts?

Archived