Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh Yeah, We definitely Suck At Formatting Thread Titles Correctly. (MET-8:20 am)

Maxima2000

It's only pre-season & we still have yet to see how we are going to look in game 2. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. They've made a lot of moves to make improvements to win it all this year. While we would all agree that it would be awesome to see them fall flat on their faces...again...they will probably still beat us pretty soundly this year. We got a ways to go before we will be a respectable team on the field again, IMO.

I want to wait & see how pre-season pans out before I start thinking any team will be "easy" or that any other team is not as good as us just because we beat a team that beat them...in pre-season.

I don't care about trends or likelihoods of anything at this point. Each team is just seeing what they have on their rosters and giving new players a look. Nothing matters until the games really count, and until it is proven otherwise, the Eagles are the team to beat in the division.

Sucks for us, but it's true.

I want to wait & see how pre-season pans out before I start thinking any team will be "easy" or that any other team is not as good as us just because we beat a team that beat them...in pre-season.

No one said it would be "easy." I would be happy if we, unlike the night game last year, can trade jabs with them. I think we made some pretty significant acquisitions that will make that possible this year. Plus, our D will be in its second year with the 3-4. All of this adds up to us having a pretty decent shot at the NFC-East this year. Dallass brings very little new to the table, as does the G'nats.

Mike Vick looked terrible. In one half of football he had 3 INTs, and less than 50 yards passing. If it were possible to have a negative QB rating, he would have.

35-0 in the 1st Quarter...on national television

don't forget that brah

Well at least we split the series with them last season, oh and there is that whole thing about the Championships, don't forget that either.

I don't care about trends or likelihoods of anything at this point. Each team is just seeing what they have on their rosters and giving new players a look. Nothing matters until the games really count, and until it is proven otherwise, the Eagles are the team to beat in the division.

Sucks for us, but it's true.

If it doesn't count until the season begins, then everyone is the team to beat in our division. They, like us are 0-0.

What I liked was late in the 4th they were panning the eagles bench and several players looked sad, but a few were laughing and joking. They don't care about winning because they are rich. Dream teams in football are selfish teams and often suck. Blue collar teams will usually kick butt on a dream team.

If it doesn't count until the season begins, then everyone is the team to beat in our division. They, like us are 0-0.

What I liked was late in the 4th they were panning the eagles bench and several players looked sad, but a few were laughing and joking. They don't care about winning because they are rich. Dream teams in football are selfish teams and often suck. Blue collar teams will usually kick butt on a dream team.

I just meant as far as them being the defending division champs. Nothing more.

really we need drop this game. Its was a perfect storm. its not happening again.

maybe not. but we need some payback. i remember being in my dorm room, in Texas btw, and getting phone calls from everyone about that game. it was not a fond memory. they had scored 3 or 4 tds in the first few minutes of the game. what a disaster.

the skins should be eager for some payback, i know i am.

When are yall gonna finally understand that the preseason doesnt mean diddly. We are not going to be good and the eagles are not going to be bad. Seriously, the blind homerism on this site is freaking beyond stupid. The eagles spanked us last year like they did because we were bad. They will prolly beat us twice this year. Idiot fanboys disecting meaningless preseason games like they hold an ounce of truth.

maybe not. but we need some payback. i remember being in my dorm room, in Texas btw, and getting phone calls from everyone about that game. it was not a fond memory. they had scored 3 or 4 tds in the first few minutes of the game. what a disaster.

the skins should be eager for some payback, i know i am.

Trust me I know it was a sad night. I happen to have a couple ******* Eagle fans around me at VCU. Bad week for me. I still hear about that crap.

When are yall gonna finally understand that the preseason doesnt mean diddly. We are not going to be good and the eagles are not going to be bad. Seriously, the blind homerism on this site is freaking beyond stupid. The eagles spanked us last year like they did because we were bad. They will prolly beat us twice this year. Idiot fanboys disecting meaningless preseason games like they hold an ounce of truth.

I feel the same about blind pessimism. ;)

No one said it would be "easy." I would be happy if we, unlike the night game last year, can trade jabs with them. I think we made some pretty significant acquisitions that will make that possible this year. Plus, our D will be in its second year with the 3-4. All of this adds up to us having a pretty decent shot at the NFC-East this year. Dallass brings very little new to the table, as does the G'nats.

Actually, I have read on numerous occasions now that the early part of our schedule this year is "easy". I've seen predictions of us being 9-2 going into the last quarter of the season. :doh: So, I was kinda responding to that as well. I know no one has said that in here....yet.

That said, I agree. I want to be able to compete & I'll be happy if we do just that. I'm just not ready to say that we will compete for the NFCE or any other crown this year. I think we'll probably be middle of the pack throughout the season in most stats, but not sure if we'll even break .500 in wins.

One pre-season game we have seen. Just one. We don't have enough info in front of us yet to start making sound predictions based on fact, but rather, all the predictions coming out this week are riding on emotions & articles written & analyses spoken about our chances, which has fluxuated several times just this week.

What happens if we play Baltimore & we suck against them? We commit a bunch of stupid penalties, turnovers, & make a whole lot of mistakes this game? I'll tell you what will happen. The sky will be falling. All the people who are riding high on their emotions who believe we can vie for an NFCE title based on what we've seen so far will be crushed, frustrated again, & negative, posting how much we really do suck & by the end of next week, there will be people ready to quit on this team again.

So, you'll have to excuse me if I'm not ready to commit to rash judgements. ;)

Archived