Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rueters: Pakistan gave China access to 'stealth' chopper in bin Laden raid Chinese military allowed to take photographs,

heyholetsgogrant

Report: Pakistan gave China access to 'stealth' chopper in bin Laden raid

Chinese military allowed to take photographs, samples of aircraft's 'skin', despite CIA objections, Financial Times reports

Pakistan, which enjoys a close relationship with China, allowed Chinese intelligence officials to take pictures of the crashed chopper as well as take samples of its special "skin" that allowed the American raid to evade Pakistani radar, the newspaper reported.

Rueters

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44137555/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/

I am surprised we didn't JDAM it when we knew it was down (after we left of course).

Can't really blame them. We left stealth technology in their back yard. What did we think they were going to do, return it?

"Oh, here is your helicopter you left when you invaded our country to kill the most wanted terrorist in the world that we SWEAR we didn't know was there"

As soon as we can we really ought to end all financial aid to Pakistan. I know they are useful right now as far as Afghanistan goes, but they really have been the worst sort of backstabbing allies. They're up there with Saudi Arabia.

and Israel....but I agree we need to start re evaluating our relationships with states like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and countries like that where we support a government for stability rather than for positive reasons. We need to stop playing realist politics, as the Arab Spring showed things like the Eisenhower Doctrine went out with the cold war, the fact that we were so utterly unprepared for what has been happening in the Middle East shows a serious lack of vision in our diplomatic wings, policy makers and politicians are still stuck in the cold war mindset and it shows.

As soon as we can we really ought to end all financial aid to Pakistan. I know they are useful right now as far as Afghanistan goes, but they really have been the worst sort of backstabbing allies. They're up there with Saudi Arabia.

Yea i sort of agree with you but the N-threat is the elephant in the room. Gotta keep a very, very close eye on those. Lying is just in their DNA.

When Israel tried to sell AWACs tech to the Chinese, we simply said, 'no thats not gonna happen', and Israel acqueised. I dunno why we didnt do the same with Pakistan. Okay, go ahead give the chinese the steatlth chopper technology, and we'll make sure to deliver a dozen shiny new ones to the Indian military. Really, if Pakistan wants to play gangster, we can get gangster. .

Shocking.

Bunch of two-timing ****ers. I hate Pakistan.

Sucks that they have nuclear capability. Without that, we'd have a lot easier time dealing with those lying jacks.

I dunno if their nuclear capability has anything to do with it. I think this has more to do with our decline and China's ascent. If we were still the only superpower on the hroizon, or better yet if we were tstill the only superpower capable of holding back the Soviet menace, the Pakistanis and other so-call allies would be much more amenable. But we're not. A superpower in decline cannot expect the same level of respect it had when it was at its zenith of power.

I dunno if their nuclear capability has anything to do with it. I think this has more to do with our decline and China's ascent. If we were still the only superpower on the hroizon, or better yet if we were tstill the only superpower capable of holding back the Soviet menace, the Pakistanis and other so-call allies would be much more amenable. But we're not. A superpower in decline cannot expect the same level of respect it had when it was at its zenith of power.

I won't argue with what you're saying, but you are extremely naive if you deny that many of our foreign aid actions are dictated by the fact that we don't want Pakistan, with its nuclear capabilities, falling into radical terrorists' power grasp...

I won't argue with what you're saying, but you are extremely naive if you deny that many of our foreign aid actions are dictated by the fact that we don't want Pakistan, with its nuclear capabilities, falling into radical terrorists' power grasp...

Ding.

There are elements there that are cooperating, and those who are working against us. It's a highly fractured political climate and we are *in theory* supporting the good guys. In practice, I'm pretty much over it.

And I fell like a broken record but the Taliban are not native to Afghanistan. THEY are the true invaders and they were funded and supported by Pakistan. Leaving Afghanistan to them would be a victory for the bad guys in Pakistan.

Archived