Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder Hall of Shame @ FedEx

RememberOsaka

So last night as I exited the Stadium I stumbled across the Dan Snyder Hall of Shame.

On display in this tent was merchandise that chronicled the failures of seasons past. You could purchase jerseys of those that had fallen out of favor with the franchise for pennies on the dollar. The malcontents, the has beens and those that never were.

Randle El. McNabb. Portis. Haynesworth. Campbell. Betts. Taylor. (Jason)

Tucked away in the corner I found something that seemed so out of place. There were 2 of the "21" Sean Taylor Reebok tribute hats marked down to $9.95. Seemed so wrong and out of place that I purchased both of them.

Hail to the Redskins.

Someone post that list of failed free agent signings and also the draft picks we've traded away over the years. That needs to be carved in stone above both Jumbotrons.

Also, I was just thinking of your username last night when people were raving about the team, haha. Remember Osaka, indeed..

Someone post that list of failed free agent signings and also the draft picks we've traded away over the years. That needs to be carved in stone above both Jumbotrons.

Also, I was just thinking of your username last night when people were raving about the team, haha. Remember Osaka, indeed..

Last night on postgame live BMitch uttered the words "RememberOsaka" and then Chick asked Trevor Matich to explain what Osaka was....

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 10:26 AM ----------

Me too. BMitch actually said Remember Osaka like 5 times on Post Game Live

Beat me to it......

I need to copyright my user name and start collecting some cash! :)

Would you prefer he sent you a PM?

Did you really need to post?

There are countless other threads discussing past FA failures and also threads discussing the amenities/vendors at FedEx. Specifically, there are threads discussing the sale of player jerseys who didn't work out. The fact that two Sean Taylor hats were marked down after obviously not selling after several years doesn't seem to justify a new thread, but that's just my opinion. I'm not saying my opinion matters, but I'm still allowed to share it.

There are countless other threads discussing past FA failures and also threads discussing the amenities/vendors at FedEx. Specifically, there are threads discussing the sale of player jerseys who didn't work out. The fact that two Sean Taylor hats were marked down after obviously not selling after several years doesn't seem to justify a new thread, but that's just my opinion. I'm not saying my opinion matters, but I'm still allowed to share it.

Thanks for sharing. With your opinion and $50 I could have gotten an authentic McNabb jersey! ;)

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 10:34 AM ----------

Me too. BMitch actually said Remember Osaka like 5 times on Post Game Live

by the way....saw the Fred Davis interview on Postgame Live. What is up with dude's ear? I had to turn away from the tv....

I dont get the hate for portis. The dude set franchise records and was the best RB we have had for awhile. I dont think he belongs in a wall of shame

As far as I'm concerned he does. He was part of the attitude problem that has been destroying this team for years. He was a selfish, me-first, attention whore and I'm glad he's gone.

I didn't notice it. The way you are making it sound I am glad I didn't. :ols:

How could you not notice? He had a bulbous mushroom shaped appendage hanging from his left ear. Made me a bit squeamish.

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 11:34 AM ----------

BTW, where was this tent/store located? I'm looking for a ProBowl Portis jersey for my nephew (11 years old). We saw one at DDP, but the lines were too freakin' long.

Lower Level near the TGC entrance and endzone bar.

Yep, pretty shameful for an owner to make his bank account available to no end for an entire front office and coaching staff to do the job they are paid to do. Damn him for giving his team the resources they wanted, to do what they were hired to do. Instead he should have told them "no, Joe Gibbs, dont trade for Clinton Portis, I'm Dan Snyder." "No Joe Gibbs, dont give up a 3rd and a 4th for TJ Duckett...I'm Dan Snyder." "No Mike Shanahan, dont trade for Donovan...I'm Dan Snyder."

Our fanbase is a trip. Keep blaming Snyder, whatever makes you happy.

I thought by your thread title that there was an actual Hall of Shame. But by your post, you scored two extremely hard to find ST hats at a discounted price. Sounds more like a win for you to me instead of a chance to take a drive by pot shot at the owner, whose team you just spent twenty bucks on. Maybe I'm the crazy one here.:insane:

I thought by your thread title that there was an actual Hall of Shame. But by your post, you scored two extremely hard to find ST hats at a discounted price. Sounds more like a win for you to me instead of a chance to take a drive by pot shot at the owner, whose team you just spent twenty bucks on. Maybe I'm the crazy one here.:insane:

No your not crazy, its not much,but for the most part it was a very positive night for the redskins, yet some people hve to find somthing negative to say. Maybe we need a fans hall of shame.

Just did a google search and I am still not hip to the whole "Remember Osaka" thing.

(I would like to be though.)

We played the 49ers in the American Bowl in Osaka,Japan in 2002.We whipped them pretty good, 38-7. It was Steve Spurrier's first game as head coach. He kept it starters in longer than normal for the first pre-season game and was basically running up the score. We sucked that season (and the season after that :silly: ) . By saying Remeber Osaka in the during pre-season it just basically means not to get to happy about a win, and vice-versa. In pre-season you kind of want to take the advice of another failed head coach and stay medium.

Archived