Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

<----- Do this now. Especially if you're new here or haven't been here in some time.

TK

Ok, I stand corrected. I posted a thread that said there would be monthly fees on Extremeskins instigated by Snyder for April's Fools. I realize that this breaks the boards rules by posting false information. I see the folly of my ways. I don't mind looking the fool :). Trust me, being a fan of this team requires a thick skin and lowered expectations at least for the last decade.

Ok, I stand corrected. I posted a thread that said there would be monthly fees on Extremeskins instigated by Snyder for April's Fools. I realize that this breaks the boards rules by posting false information. I see the folly of my ways. I don't mind looking the fool :). Trust me, being a fan of this team requires a thick skin and lowered expectations at least for the last decade.

Given the positive spirit of your post here, I will modify my plan in a kinder, gentler manner. :D

First, I have to say as I have said many many times IF PEOPLE WOULD JUST CAREFULLY LEARN THE RULES LIKE THEY AGREE TO DO WHEN THEY REGISTER....and...WHEN THEY DO RECEIVE A MOD ACTION, GO RE-READ THE RULES AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR AT LEAST TRYING (WITH ACTUAL EFFORT OF YOUR BRAIN) TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU DID ON YOUR OWN...we would have far less of such conversations and threads. :)

For instance, nneece, had you read the rules even now, you'd see that you never followed what we actually tell members to do, step by step, to remove their NNT tag. Second, you would also know that you're never sanctioned for being critical of the team, though suggesting such is the case can get you banned (it's all in the rules). ;)

Additionally, you did not post on April 1st for your April Fools day joke, you posted on April 3rd :slap: and there was an existing thread of the same joke still active on the front page when you made your mis-timed duplicate effort. I could go on--and since I said I'd be kind and gentle, I won't apply certain less-than-flattering terms about your awareness, competence, effort, or comprehension to you here that you have certainly earned. :D: :evilg: :pfft:

Finally, you have five user notes of three separate rules violation (since you repeated violating a couple) involving four moderators so while we'd love to keep you, I'll ask that you do your part by doing better from here on out.

Again, as I have said before many many times, the great (and somewhat sad) irony of those "suffering" under an NNT, which they got for not reading and following the rules, is that they could get out of that NNT immediately if they just went to the rules to check them out after seeing they screwed up. Lordy. :)

Noted. But that was just one. There were more. Several more.

Do me a favor and do not NNT me. I have better stuff to do with my time then post on this board. I come on occasionally for chuckles now. From what I can tell, posting and views are down, and not just because of the offseason. I'm sure you have the stats to prove me wrong. Several of the longtime members seldom post.

BTW, I do not believe this is a reflection of the board itself, I think you run a quality board. I do think it is due to general disillusionment with the current owner and state of the franchise. And I like the latest experiment or hail mary, Mike Shanahan. Here's to hoping he can right the ship.

On a completely different topic Park City Skins (and not to suck up here), I noticed the link to your photos and browsed for a couple of minutes. Very cool. Colorado is one of my favorite states due to it's beauty.

Do me a favor and do not NNT me. I have better stuff to do with my time then post on this board. I come on occasionally for chuckles now. From what I can tell, posting and views are down, and not just because of the offseason. I'm sure you have the stats to prove me wrong. Several of the longtime members seldom post.

BTW, I do not believe this is a reflection of the board itself, I think you run a quality board. I do think it is due to general disillusionment with the current owner and state of the franchise. And I like the latest experiment or hail mary, Mike Shanahan. Here's to hoping he can right the ship.

On a completely different topic Park City Skins (and not to suck up here), I noticed the link to your photos and browsed for a couple of minutes. Very cool. Colorado is one of my favorite states due to it's beauty.

First of all thanks. though the West in general is pretty spectacular. Makes photography easy. ;) The site is in desperate need of updating and lots of "office" time will be spent over the next week doing so. Now as for the rest.

Do me a favor and do not NNT me. I have better stuff to do with my time then post on this board.

Interesting. If that's the case then starting threads or not being able to shouldn't be issue. The rest,while noted and I agree with to a certain extent,isn't the point nneece. You understanding a bit more of why the NNT status is there is. Good overall post though.

I've never totally understood the complaints. There's a pretty wide range of latitude for idiocy, creativity, and style on this board. I think in all the time I've been here I've been NNTed once and that lasted for two days and lord knows I've started way too many threads about every subject under the sun... including some troublemaking ones.

It's not that hard to come up with a good thread or to title a thread properly. Referencing an article should be automatic.

As for the thread itself, the key I think, is to be thoughtful, to have an opening thought that explores something with either depth or humor, and to think about what you hope to get out of what you're putting out there AND be aware of when you're in a trouble making mood and make trouble with a smile and respect.... even if the doofus who inspired your mood really deserves it ;)

I find it best to just let the "favorites" of the board start the threads, and blog elsewhere. Here's to Freedom Of Speech.

****. Found us out. Damn the bad luck. Somebody told. Okay. Who told? C'mon fess up.

I initially was going to point out what a cliche (and classic passive/aggressive ) post that was from Tinnny, in that once again we have a "protest" coming from someone whose user notes show previous mod actions, including (of course) an NNT.

Why anyone even bothers to start a thread on this forum amazes me. Not too many topics that havent been touched.

Not true at all, if you have a little imagination and the ability to put together a good OP containing an arguable, logical opinion, or enough facts/videos/etc. to at least tickle others' "discussion bones" enough to get a good debate going.

Not true at all, if you have a little imagination and the ability to put together a good OP containing an arguable, logical opinion, or enough facts/videos/etc. to at least tickle others' "discussion bones" enough to get a good debate going.

Absolutely. I was much more referencing threads about " news and rumors". Which is usually what posters are screwing up on when they post. If they have the above stated attributes, they more than likely can format a thread correctly.

Absolutely. I was much more referencing threads about " news and rumors". Which is usually what posters are screwing up on when they post. If they have the above stated attributes, they more than likely can format a thread correctly.

Ah, good call. Yeah, its very tough to "beat" others to news. I couldn't believe that I started the 1st McNabb trade thread back when it happened last Easter or whatever. Unless you literally just saw the news break somewhere, its safer just to refresh the front page for 1-2 minutes until someone else does the job for you.

And in terms of less "urgent" news...if you can't format the thread title properly, quote the pertinent part of the article, and start a discussion, then you probably aren't fit to be starting threads at all, true.

And in terms of less "urgent" news...if you can't format the thread title properly, quote the pertinent part of the article, and start a discussion, then you probably aren't fit to be starting threads at all, true.

I love how certain people, the overly defensive ones, will start ****ing and moaning when you point out them being oblivious to the rules. For the most part though, people take responsibility, but there is always that small percentage that will continuously not follow simple rules/instructions/guidelines, etc. and then start attacking this board and its members and say how this board is "lame".

rules-helticopter-no-speeding-demotivational-poster.jpg

Archived