Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

<----- Do this now. Especially if you're new here or haven't been here in some time.

TK

Hey look, another Rules Review thread. :attention:

And for the record, we wouldn't have to do these if more people :noob: chose to learn them. :)

Right now, I want to bring up thread titles & formatting. Lately you may have seen several threads that have had their title edited with MET (which is short for Mod Edited Title) along with a date/timestamp.

The reason for this is simple. We are now giving you an hour to edit your thread title before slapping an NNT on you. However, if you fail to do so in a timely manner, you get the bonus prize.:doh: A week ban:banhim: & you'll still be on NNT:stick: upon your return until you can follow the Rules, which also state how to get off of NNT.

So, in short, before you start that new thread :type: make sure you understand the following:

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted.

If you are reporting Redskins "news" or "rumors" more than a few minutes old, please use the Search Feature or scan the first two pages of the forum before posting, to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. If the ES Search Feature seems to be ineffective, use this option. Multiple topics may be closed or merged and other penalties may be applied.

This is a very large and active community, with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates. More than likely, most news/information has already been posted and is the subject of discussion in existing threads. Most current and relevant topics usually have any number of variations active in threads at any given time. If you wish to discuss that topic, you are encouraged to do so in one of those existing threads.

Violations of any thread-starting rule may land you in the No New Threads Group, commonly referred to as 'NNT', and you may find yourself unable to start new threads. You will also see that designation appear in text under your User Name. To remedy that circumstance, click on this link and carefully read and thoroughly follow the instructions exactly as described. Contacting Staff with questions about why you can't start threads after anything less than doing so may "fall on deaf ears."

8. Please use descriptive and accurate topic titles for your thread.

Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed and potentially prevents multiple threads on the exact same topic. Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, without the editorializing of titles by members.

We are having a preponderance of threads being started, particularly in the Stadium forum, where a title of 2 to 3 non-descriptive words is used. This shows a lack of courtesy to your fellow members. With an ever-increasing number of new threads every day, and an expanding member base, members become more selective about which threads to open and spend their time reading, and which ones to bypass. They cannot do that if the thread titles are 'Guess what?', 'Hey, I just noticed...', or 'WTF!' You are also creating extra work for the Staff who, instead of just merging redundant, repetitive threads based on accurate titles, now has to open each one up and try and figure out where it belongs. So, regardless of the forum, if your thread title is simply "Santana Moss" or any other person's name and nothing else, you may find yourself in the No New Threads group. In all our forums, we expect accurate and clear descriptions of your topic in your title.

9. False posts or misleading subject titles are prohibited.

Deception at the expense of the audience devalues the medium and the content it provides. Violation of this rule is regarded as a serious offense.

10. Adhere to ES policies on using headlines/content from other websites to start a new thread or to add to an existing thread.

When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources or using any website as part of the topic please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the original page/site. Paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two). Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Name Mike Shanahan New Head Coach). If the source is a blog or a chain e-mail, put "blog" or "chain e-mail" at the beginning of the thread title.

Please see our copyright statement.

If you're adding content from any website to an existing thread, please resist posting large sections of that content. Just post the link and a brief relevant paragraph/description of the point the content is being used to support.

Yes, what's that? TK, it appears we have a question in the back! Yes, go ahead.

"I started a thread last night and you closed it down immediately. Why do you have to be such a meany pants? And you didn't answer the 4 private messages I sent to you afterwards. I don't understand. I need you to explain the rules to me again. But in a PM. Because I'm special."

Yes. That you are. Next question. You in front, go ahead.

"one of the mods told me to change my thread title per forum rules. Now me being special as well, perhaps even more special than the guy who asked the last question, I sent a really long PM and demanded that I get an explanation. The mod replied "read the rules". How dare he! Who does he think he is?!?! I'M SPECIAL! I DESERVE A SPECIAL EXPLANATION. I NEED ATTENTION FROM THE MODS!".

Okay. Lots of special people here tonight. Anyone have another question? Ok last one, go ahead.

"yo why u gotta be all Nazi an stuff lol lol lol."

Goodnight everyone :ciao:

"But but but......"

:doh:

Sigh. Okay. One more. What is it?

"This sucks. I started the thread but didn't see the warning in the thread or the title. :wtf: "

Well aside from the fact that you should have known the rules before starting that thread :dunce: you should..

Why not?

"Well I started the thread then didn't get back on the board."

Next time stick around and participate in the thread you started.

"But I d.."

Then don't start one if you don't have time. Starting a thread isn't that important is it? Wanna do it right don't ya? See what people say? That kind of thing?

Oh and read the rules.

Okay that's a wrap thanks for comi----

"**** you! You ****** Mother ******'s!!!!"

Sigh. I just work here. Isn't he gone? I thought we got rid of him.

:)

The reason for this is simple. We are now giving you an hour to edit your thread title before slapping an NNT on you.

Just a question on this one. Sometimes I post from work and can't post or read for hours at a time. Do you take into consideration if a person hasn't visited in a few hours when applying the NNT? Not trying to be a smartass and I do try to put correct titles on what I start.

Just a question on this one. Sometimes I post from work and can't post or read for hours at a time. Do you take into consideration if a person hasn't visited in a few hours when applying the NNT? Not trying to be a smartass and I do try to put correct titles on what I start.

Well that's just extra encouragement to get it right, isn't it? :silly:

In response to some of the PM's that you guys (mods) get after NNT or banning, why not restrict them until they can tell you what rule they violated (instead of only a week off)? Perhaps they will learn? Or maybe it will just fill up your PM's faster? Just a suggestion.

Yeah, we've had lots of luck with "Awww mods, just one more break". :rolleyes:

It's sad that this thread (and others like it) has to exist at all, none of the rules are so demanding that they you have to walk on eggshells here. If it weren't for the fact that people totally disregard the guidelines, ignore pertinent advice from other members and then feel inclined to get their snark on when called on their infractions, this conversation wouldn't happen at all. Most times people already blew their 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances before the mods ever intervened.

In response to some of the PM's that you guys (mods) get after NNT or banning, why not restrict them until they can tell you what rule they violated (instead of only a week off)? Perhaps they will learn? Or maybe it will just fill up your PM's faster? Just a suggestion.

no, then it goes to email. We had one banned member continue to email us for 2 years. Fun times. There are a lot of very special people in the internet.

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 10:24 AM ----------

come on man, just follow the rules and you'll be fine.

LD, you keep this up & one day I'm going to force a key to the Executive Men's Room on you. ;)

don't take it LD, TK hasn't cleaned the place up in months..... :)

BTW rule 10 also applies to the Breaking News Section. You are dealing with copyright material and you must respect the author and news sources rights.

I love these threads. If ever there was a "Internets funniest forum mods" you guys will be on top. Keep the laughs coming. Oh and to the literate dumb dumb heads who break the simple rules, please continue to do so, so the mods continue creating hilarious threads such as this one.

Thanks

I've sent messages for NNT per the rules multiple times and it has never been removed from my account...

No way really? Looking at the user notes.... :)

Well that's just extra encouragement to get it right, isn't it? :silly:

Yeah, we've had lots of luck with "Awww mods, just one more break". :rolleyes:

It's sad that this thread (and others like it) has to exist at all, none of the rules are so demanding that they you have to walk on eggshells here. If it weren't for the fact that people totally disregard the guidelines, ignore pertinent advice from other members and then feel inclined to get their snark on when called on their infractions, this conversation wouldn't happen at all. Most times people already blew their 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances before the mods ever intervened.

Yeah what he said.

(That oughta learn 'em). ;)

I love these threads. If ever there was a "Internets funniest forum mods" you guys will be on top. Keep the laughs coming. Oh and to the literate dumb dumb heads who break the simple rules, please continue to do so, so the mods continue creating hilarious threads such as this one.

Thanks

Sucking up doesn't work either. Believe me, I've tried.

:)

What did you do to get the NNT?

I posted a message that Snyder was going to start charging for preseason practices on April's Fools. If I have another grievance I'm unaware. I don't think being critical of the current organization is NNT worthy, but I could be wrong.

I posted a message that Snyder was going to start charging for preseason practices on April's Fools. If I have another grievance I'm unaware. I don't think being critical of the current organization is NNT worthy, but I could be wrong.

Dude. You should just quit typing. Most of what you wrote is likely prompting many people here who aren't clueless to roll their eyes in a "boy, does this guy not get it" sense. ;)

But it's late right now, so what I'm going to do is wait until morning coffee tomorrow, and then I will unwrap this all for you and if you're capable of being embarrassed over such things as looking the fool here, then you may want to brace yourself. :)

But other than potential embarrassment, you have nothing to fear...so far. :D

Archived