Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: Lofa Tatupu: 4 Reasons the Washington Redskins Will Sign Former Seahawks LB

kumadapuma

If he's healthy it's a no-brainer. Even if he's not a PERFECT fit, he's athletic and active and would be a lot like Fletcher who ALSO isn't a perfect fit.

I worry about his knees though. I suspect we don't get this guy though. Unless the contract is seriously loaded to reward health and production, it's likely not worth it.

I'd much rather see Perry Riley. And this is why the fan base is hypocritical. A formerly good but injured player on the decline versus a young up and coming guy who by all accounts is impressing in camp and the coaching staff believes in him.

Nope, we'd much rather take the guy who made the pro-bowl in the past but will never make it again, and let our young talent rot away on the bench.

I'm down for this move. I understand the whole "get younger, get younger" cry, but this guy has been a leader since he came into the league. If we're gonna get younger we still need that positive veteran leadership and I believe London wouldn't mind some help with that. I say DO IT!!!!!

I'd much rather see Perry Riley. And this is why the fan base is hypocritical. A formerly good but injured player on the decline versus a young up and coming guy who by all accounts is impressing in camp and the coaching staff believes in him.

Nope, we'd much rather take the guy who made the pro-bowl in the past but will never make it again, and let our young talent rot away on the bench.

So what happens if London goes down? Do we trust Riley and Henson out there? HB Blades? Who will lead the defense? Also London can't play forever.

If he's deemed healthy I would be for this move. He is not that old. I am sure we could still work the young guys into the rotation as the season plays on.

I just don't get a good vibe about him. If this were the old regime, he would already have a contract done. But if you take away the name, the injuries and the decline in productivity are a huge concern for me. I like him, but for the contract he is likely to get, I would stay away.

So what happens if London goes down? Do we trust Riley and Henson out there? HB Blades? Who will lead the defense? Also London can't play forever.

If he's deemed healthy I would be for this move. He is not that old. I am sure we could still work the young guys into the rotation as the season plays on.

It does not matter how old he is, it matters that he has had injury problems and his play has significantly declined over the last few years. I know Lofa is a "leader," but I would not pay someone what it is likely to cost just because they are a good locker room guy. They have to do it on the field as well, and without a clean bill of health (which I doubt he will have), his best days are likely well behind him. Don't get me wrong, I like him and I wish him well, but I don't think he is the best fit for this team right now.

Honestly what happened to his knees? He played all 16 games last year and is 28 years old. I think we should get him for depth, he will start alongside London and if you guys are worried about developing Perry Riley, dont worry, he will see the field. They sub in and out linebackers too

Yep, this is essentially the way I feel as well. Lofa has not played at a Pro Bowl level since at least 2007, probably 2006. I know he can't help the fact that injuries have held him back, but the bottom line is his production over the last three season has just not been up to par to his first three seasons when he became a star. He is unlikely to revert to the guy he was his first three seasons in the league. I am guessing that what we have seen since 2008 is what Tatupu is now, and honestly, all things considered, I would ratehr see Perry in that spot.

I really want to see him lined up next to London

I really want to see Riley lined up next to Fletcher - time we see what we have there and I think he has great potential. If they can sign Tatupu to a reasonable one year deal for depth great he can compete with Blades, Armstrong and Henson for the backup spots inside. But I don't see him as a starter.

Archived