Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training camp tweets 8/3/11 **Updated** Beck changes number to 12 Kelly to 14

c4man5282

KGidrey45 Kevin Gidrey

Up and at it! Another day in the office

darrelyoung Darrel Young

Off to redskins park. I hope we have alot of fans out there this morning. It makes prac better

2ShaunDraughn0 Shaun Draughn

Morning world! Thank the man for another day! Have a blessed day #HTTR

Man, after seeing the fan turnout the last couple days it's made me wish even more that I was back in VA. I hope these guys know some of us (especially us obsessive freaks that watch for every Skins related tweet on the edge of our seats) really do support them.

Insider The Insider

Tim Hightower with Redskins ‘for a reason’: Tim Hightower was on his way to Flagstaff, Ariz., where the Arizona... http://wapo.st/q6UNlx

Mr_Henson51 Robert Henson

Up early getting ready to grind, all these articles talking bad about me don't mean ish

---------- Post added August-3rd-2011 at 08:22 AM ----------

ZacBoyer Zac Boyer

#Redskins QB John Beck changes number to 12 from 3 and WR Malcolm Kelly moves from No. 12 to No. 14.

john_keim John Keim

Not surprised Carlos had to settle for a 1-yr deal. Like him, but didn't talk 2 any1 -- scout, GM, etc -- who put him above 2nd-tier status

Rich_Campbell Rich Campbell

Some Redskins jersey number changes this morning: John Beck is now wearing No. 12 (was wearing 3). Malcolm Kelly goes from 12 to 14.

ZacBoyer Zac Boyer

#Redskins kicker Shayne Graham will wear No. 5. QB Rex Grossman and CB Phillip Buchanon each added to roster.

john_keim John Keim

Beck now no. 12; Malcolm Kelly now no. 14. @granthpaulsen had tweeted this a couple days ago. Today, it's official. so the suspense is over

john_keim John Keim

And Nick Sundberg is still No. 57. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-3rd-2011 at 08:32 AM ----------

Redskins Redskins.com

Training Camp Practice Report: Aug. 3: Redskins.com's training camp practice reports come to you with news and... http://redsk.in/nL9mNc

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen

Just got off the phone with Carlos Rogers. He has indeed signed a one-year deal with the #49ers. Said his time in DC was "fun." #Redskins

Rogers: “Had a great time there. Built a lot good relationships w/ plyrs, made some good friends. I had good relationships w/ some coaches."

Redskins Redskins.com

Word is that John Beck has changed to jersey No. 12 and Malcolm Kelly (former No. 12) is wearing No. 14 now.

Rogers: “I didn’t have any plans of going back to Washington. I wanted to go elsewhere. I thought it was time for me to move on.” #Redskins

Man, after seeing the fan turnout the last couple days it's made me wish even more that I was back in VA. I hope these guys know some of us (especially us obsessive freaks that watch for every Skins related tweet on the edge of our seats) really do support them.

I feel you. This is the second year in a row that I won't be able to make it to a single day of training camp. I used to be there all the time.

Redskins Redskins.com

The @Redskins Training Camp Twitter Contest question is coming up at 9am! Today's winner gets 2 tickets to the @Redskins vs Steelers game!

Rogers: "You know how Washington is. They’re always big in free agency & not signing their guys back and getting other players. " #Redskins

^^^^Someone sounds a little bitter

Rogers called his six years with the #Redskins "an up and down road" but said he enjoyed himself. #Redskins

I asked Rogers if the #49ers play the #Redskins this season to see if he knew. No hesitation: "Week-9." Says he's "looking forward to it."

john_keim John Keim

Wow, a real small crowd this morning. #redskins

dshif Daniel Shiferaw

Good morning from an overcast Ashburn, Va. This will be last day where newly signed free agents can't practice

Russellmania980 Chris Russell

Think about this.. http://redskins.espn980.com/bloggers/chris-russell/item/101-buchanon-gets-popped

..Is Mike Shanahan not happy about bringing Phillip Buchanon back? #Redskins #NFL #Buchanon

dshif Daniel Shiferaw

As mentioned by others, John Beck is donning his number 12 jersey. He wore that number in college at BYU

dshif Daniel Shiferaw

Kerrigan on the field again with knee brace. We will see if he does more today

A couple hundred, I'd say. Weather a factor, no doubt. The rain has just now stopped. RT @CindyBoren @john_keim Define "small."

---------- Post added August-3rd-2011 at 08:44 AM ----------

Couple quick questions:

With Tatupu and Hayden visiting today, will we have any idea on how those visits go?

And why the jersey number changes for Beck and Kelly? Any reason?

Beck has been 12 since little league and Kelly said it was closer to his college number 4

HomerMcFanboy Homer McFanboy

The #Redskins have less drama and more promise than a year ago. Here's a few guys I'm looking forward to seeing play. http://bit.ly/pbN5Tf

Ryan Kerrigan is on the field with the first string defense this morning. We'll see if he participates in team drills. #Redskins

ZacBoyer Zac Boyer

Not that they're really doing anything at this point, but #Redskins LB Ryan Kerrigan participating in drills so far this morning.

HomerMcFanboy Homer McFanboy

#Redskins kicker Shayne Graham will wear No. 5, instantly making him the best player to wear that number here in years. #Hokies

Crowd picture of the #Redskins morning practice. twitpic.com/60bej7

john_keim John Keim

Wow, a real small crowd this morning. #redskins

You know ... after reading the comment in another thread about the lack of fan enthusiasm this year being a sign of something larger, continued comments/tweets like this have me thinking there might be something to that report.

You know ... after reading the comment in another thread about the lack of fan enthusiasm this year being a sign of something larger, continued comments/tweets like this have me thinking there might be something to that report.

I think there's definitely 'something' about that report. I've read the rest of the league is also showing TC downturns. But no official head counts to verify that. But look at what happened to the last MLB strike. I still don't think the O's attendance ever recovered from that. Fans get pissed, and they stay pissed for years.

think about it ... just about every year we have some big draw. McNabb, Albert, Zorn and his slip and slide, etc. etc., Archuleta, Gibbs, Spurrier, ete.c etc.

its boring now ... we want a carnival and all we have now is a football team, whats the fun in that!

Archived