Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training camp tweets 8/3/11 **Updated** Beck changes number to 12 Kelly to 14

c4man5282

Right, but if he one a job in TC last year then put up these numbers: 44 catches for 871 yards @ 19.8 YPC

Why would anyone expect him not to make the team?

Anything could happen.... I really like the guy, but he needs to prove himself every year... apparently he has had a couple drops in camp that have not looked to good..

Hopefully he gets back into the groove and makes the team, as I think he has character we want on this team.

@granthpaulsen

Grant Paulsen

Shanahan says Ryan Torain banged his hand and will probably have xrays today. Said Brandon Banks had swelling in his knee. #Redskins

@john_keim

John Keim

Shanahan said torain's hand might be sprained. Taking x rays "just in case" #redskins

I guess that beats teaching them how to catch one hoppers from our old qb?

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols: well played

I swear I'm so tired of hearing people talk about Luck and how they hope we suck so that we can draft him. I for one, want my team to win every time they step on the field and I'm rooting for them to win, I don't give a **** about next years draft.

Also I'm going to start keeping track of who wants us to suck, so that we can draft Luck. On gameday when they are on this thread ****ing about losing, I can remind them that this is what they wanted!

So am I oldskool sometimes I have a hard time believing that true Redskins fans can say such a thing. Yes I want a franchise qb but not at the risk of tanking a season. Mike and Bruce have changed the losing is acceptable culture. How do you ask a London Fletcher,Santana Moss,Brian Orakpo to play but not 'hold back a little" all in the assbackwards hopes to land a qb who may not be the next Peyton Manning? Suppose Luck with the Hogs 2.0 , the Posse, a young Riggins, and the '85 Beard defense manages to become Akili Smith/Tim Couch/Ryan Leaf/ Heath Schuler? then what ? The vets deserve as much success as possible.

Anything could happen.... I really like the guy, but he needs to prove himself every year... apparently he has had a couple drops in camp that have not looked to good..

Hopefully he gets back into the groove and makes the team, as I think he has character we want on this team.

A couple of drops at the beginning of TC after the lock-out doesn't worry me too much...probably just shaking the rust off. If it continues to be a problem throughout TC and the pre-season, that's when I start to worry.

@john_keim

John Keim

Shanahan said he hopes rocca will be here by monday. #redskins

@Rich_Campbell

Rich Campbell

Shanahan won't say how he'll split QB reps in practice, other than to say both Rex and Beck will work with the first team at times.

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Shanahan excited for all the free agent acquisitions to start practicing tomorrow

---------- Post added August-3rd-2011 at 11:36 AM ----------

@Jenrod_

Jenifer Rodriguez

Shanahan is excited to see Hankerson in game situations. #Redskins

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

Mike Shanahan says Beck's arm is no big deal. P Sav Rocca will not be here until Monday with visa issues #Redskins

IMO, the camps are way too early. Wished they would of had one in the afternoon

I'm betting on a HUGE turnout, Saturday.

Its at noon, people don't have to call in sick to work, people would have a couple of weeks now to plan out the trip.

Sorry but Camp is for the players who will get a better practice in the morning when it's cooler. Any fan experience is secondary.

I'll be interested to see if Carriker loses his starting spot to Jenkins before camp is over

The good thing about the 3-4 is that even if they're not "starters," they're still getting plenty of reps. Not worried about the "starters."

@granthpaulsen

Grant Paulsen

Shanahan says Ryan Torain banged his hand and will probably have xrays today. Said Brandon Banks had swelling in his knee. #Redskins

I know it's early, but a swollen knee for Banks might spell his end. If he can't show the explosion or agility he did last year, he'll probably be gone.

The good thing about the 3-4 is that even if they're not "starters," they're still getting plenty of reps. Not worried about the "starters."

I know it's early, but a swollen knee for Banks might spell his end. If he can't show the explosion or agility he did last year, he'll probably be gone.

I'm not so sure that is as much about 4-3/3-4 as it is about a competent staff. Good teams rotate their DL to keep guys fresh and exploit match ups.

That is why I want to win as many games as possible, we don't need to suck to find our franchise QB...

P.S. Great Sig:)

Especially with so many franchises drafting qbs this year in the first round lastyear a lot of teams will pass on taking one next year.

Archived