Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training camp tweets 8/3/11 **Updated** Beck changes number to 12 Kelly to 14

c4man5282

Alright guys, don't post that much but follow the these threads and the others daily so thank you to everyone for the updates.

Just something that occurred to me, there were a lot of people, fans and "experts" alike, saying after the draft that the one pick that we made in the first few rounds they weren't happy with and that was a reach was Jarvis Jenkins. Now I don't follow college football closely so I really didn't know if it was true but now, even though it is still early, no pads on yet, the general consensus after seeing the first few days of camp seems to be that Jenkins could be a beast and one of the best choices we have made. Just goes to show that possibly Shanahan and his coaching staff and scouting team actually know what they are doing. As I said, it is still early but its looking more and more promising for the future of this franchise (future being a word I think the organisation only came across recently)

Alright guys, don't post that much but follow the these threads and the others daily so thank you to everyone for the updates.

Just something that occurred to me, there were a lot of people, fans and "experts" alike, saying after the draft that the one pick that we made in the first few rounds they weren't happy with and that was a reach was Jarvis Jenkins. Now I don't follow college football closely so I really didn't know if it was true but now, even though it is still early, no pads on yet, the general consensus after seeing the first few days of camp seems to be that Jenkins could be a beast and one of the best choices we have made. Just goes to show that possibly Shanahan and his coaching staff and scouting team actually know what they are doing. As I said, it is still early but its looking more and more promising for the future of this franchise (future being a word I think the organisation only came across recently)

He's definitely making an impression in camp. Hope he keeps it up!

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Offense driving, trying to score TD to end practice

---------- Post added August-3rd-2011 at 11:00 AM ----------

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

To be fair, it's first team offense vs second team d

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Fred Davis makes nice diving practice to end this mornings session

---------- Post added August-3rd-2011 at 11:05 AM ----------

@dshif

Daniel Shiferaw

Kyle Shanahan says that there is "no doubt" that the QB competition is wide open right now

My WR's Im keeping

Moss

Armstrong

Hankerson

Gaffney

Kelly

Banks

Stash as many of the rest of the practice squad.

Unless Stallworth just is an absolute dud, he will make this roster. He's a burner and can stretch out D's.

It's funny, how everyone was strong on Terrance Austin last year and now he's an afterthought. Niles Paul might be the sleeper in this group. :fortune:

Beck sounds like he had a good day of work today. Love what I am hearing about Jenkins also. I don't know about you guys but I love this new team mentality. As Rak said, very boring and all about business. A bunch of guys without major "Me First Egos" and guys competing to earn a spot. #HTTR

I keep hearing this on the radio and its absurd to me that AAA wouldn't make the team.

Last I checked: 44 catches for 871 yards @ 19.8 YPC belongs on any team but especially on our team.

Remember... This is a pro football team.... the mentality is "what have you done for me lately?"

Unless Stallworth just is an absolute dud, he will make this roster. He's a burner and can stretch out D's.

It's funny, how everyone was strong on Terrance Austin last year and now he's an afterthought. Niles Paul might be the sleeper in this group. :fortune:

Its tough to keep 6 roster spots for receivers - I think we will keep 5 personally. I think Gaffney and Stallworth are competing with Kelly for one roster spot and Banks and Paul competing for the last spot and the KR/PR job.

I keep hearing this on the radio and its absurd to me that AAA wouldn't make the team.

Last I checked: 44 catches for 871 yards @ 19.8 YPC belongs on any team but especially on our team.

Hey, I'm an AA guy(certainly over BB), but we had no potions last year now we do. 'Tana is a #1, Gaffney is a #2, I think AA is our #3 but we have so many guys with sold potential...it's up in the air. I wanna see him make it but he has to preform.

@granthpaulsen

Grant Paulsen

Kyle Shanahan called Roy Helu a ''home run threat." Said his speed allows him to score TDs when he given a crease and hole. #Redskins

@DonteStallworth

Donte' Stallworth

Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of.

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

Rex Grossman live at around 1 in our #Redskins park studios on @espnradio980

Remember... This is a pro football team.... the mentality is "what have you done for me lately?"

Thats true and if he really stinks up camp and preseason no one should be safe. However most recently he produced a record year for a Redskins rookie receiver (even if he was a 28 year old rookie). His yards per catch were in the top half dozen in the entire NFL - he was right there with the DeSean Jacksons of this league and receivers like that dont get cut unless they really screw up.

Archived