Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss (Randy) is done.......

TonyRomoProBowl

Can't believe Shanahan didn't reach out to Moss and settle for one less "Also-Ran" running back! But no, that would be too much like right! Randy Moss is a Dallas killer! Well, the question still centers around who's throwing the damn ball in Washington doesn't it? WE GOT BECK!!!

News item....RANDY MOSS RETIRES after watching film on Skins preseason walk through..

man, I didnt realize I was in such a small group of people who thought he wasnt nearly as good as the hype made him out to be. after the league got wind of how he liked to push off he went downhill. after he hit that woman cop with his car he went downhill. after he gave up and walked out before the end of the game against the Skins he went downhill. the the trade to oakland and he went way down. he had a bried moment where he came back to life in NE but he once again ruined himself and you knew he knew when he almost begged to go back.

he had great moments and highlights but overall I was just never really that impressed with him.

man, I didnt realize I was in such a small group of people who thought he wasnt nearly as good as the hype made him out to be. after the league got wind of how he liked to push off he went downhill. after he hit that woman cop with his car he went downhill. after he gave up and walked out before the end of the game against the Skins he went downhill. the the trade to oakland and he went way down. he had a bried moment where he came back to life in NE but he once again ruined himself and you knew he knew when he almost begged to go back.

he had great moments and highlights but overall I was just never really that impressed with him.

He's number 5 all time in receiving yards. And number 2 all time in receiving TDs. And that's with basically losing two seasons to the hell that is Oakland.

What would be "good" in your view?

I think you can make an argument for him being the second greatest receiver ever. Though I can see why his dislike of going over the middle would hurt him there.

It's unquestionable that he is the most terrifying receiver in NFL history though. He's probably the only receiver ever who could have three catches and completely dominate a game. And he did that all the time. That Dallas game in '98 wasn't all that atypical. 3 catches. 168 yards. 3 TDs.

How awesome is his HOF speech going to be?

Is this a joke? You left off a smilie, right?

he benefited from bump and run coerage, undersized receivers and getting away with pushing off.

I never said my opinion would be popular but LKB, thanks for at least coming back with something intelligent to say. I can appreciate that.

And his game in 98 against Dallass WAS huge. I said he had great highlights. But I always remember you never knew which Moss would show up to a game. Would it be the one that just took it over and dominated or the one that gave up because he wasnt getting enough looks and (like you said) refused to go across the middle.

I cant disagree with you more being #2 all time. It goes Rice, Monk, Brown, even Cris Carter to me was better. But then again its all a matter of opinion.

---------- Post added August-1st-2011 at 04:38 PM ----------

Here is the question:

How long are the writers going to make him wait to go into the Hall of Fame because they all hate him?

Peter King's explanations in 5 years are going to be fun.

"Well...the committee didn't think he was a winner!"

"We just didn't think that he was a good enough teammate."

there is SOME truth to that. Even crackhead Irvin got in and he was a HORRIBLE dude.

Michael Irvin had a little trouble staying inside the law, but he played hard, he worked hard, he was a good teammate and he won 3 championships. If Randy Moss had half of Michael Irvin's work ethic, he might have challenged Rice's numbers.

it always comes down to work ethic in the NFL, it really does. Guys can be narcissistic sociopaths, murderers, church band leader... none of it really matters. If a guy has ability and works his ass off his career will be a success. There was no denying Irvin's work ethic- he was an absolute monster. I don't even think he slept.

I don't think that's looked at nearly enough on scouting reports. If i were an NFL GM I would be all over every college coach asking them who their hardest workers are- not their best players. I can watch the tape and see who is good.

It's why I'm excited about Kerrigan, and not sold on Trent Williams yet.

Archived