Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss (Randy) is done.......

TonyRomoProBowl

bubble, do you have anything intelligent to add or are you just trying to critique and be insulting?

just curious because im up for a decent conversation about football. let me know.

Mike, first you say you don't think Moss was that impressive, then you say Monk is the 2nd best WR of all time. After seeing that, its hard to take you seriously. C'mon. The mere fact that it took Monk as long as it did to get into the HOF should tell you that he's nowhere close to being the 2nd best WR of all time. And Carter, Brown, and the others you mentioned were very good. But not better than Moss. And like him or not, but Irvin is one of the 10 best of all time. You can even make a case that he's top 5. As a few have already said, Rice is clearly #1. Then I'd probably put Moss right behind him. Owens is up there, too. You simply can't overlook these guys because you disliked them, or because they played for a rival.

well thank you first off for finally offering something to the discussion besides just casual insults; i appreciate that.

as far as monk goes, you can call me a homer all you want but Art Monk was Jerry Rice before Rice was around. He had the records and he played when you were allowed to bump and press a WR all the way down the field without a flag being thrown. The problem was that he was a very quiet and subdued guy. he NEVER was out there beating his chest or showboating. He was the exact opposite. and the reason he didnt get in to the HOF for so long was just for that reason. all sportswriters said the same thing; he is being robbed and overlooked. so call me a homer if you want but I believe that Monk was better than Moss and Irvin.

and as a matter of fact, Im not even sure Irvin is top ten. The guy benefitted from an amazing OL, a QB who could put the ball anywhere and a backfield that was..well, he is the leading rusher of all time. Im not going to give that crackhead, neck slashing ******* any benefits or any credit if I am not forced to. Once again; call me a homer but I believe what I just said.

TO? Really? Top ten all time? Im not sure if youre saying that to see what my reaction will be or if you truly believe that but Owens was a cancer, he was kicked off every team he ever played on and is now sitting without a job because of his attitude. Brown is better than TO, Alworth better, Swann better.

well thank you first off for finally offering something to the discussion besides just casual insults; i appreciate that.

No problem. Why don't you ever post in the tailgate?

as far as monk goes, you can call me a homer all you want but Art Monk was Jerry Rice before Rice was around. He had the records and he played when you were allowed to bump and press a WR all the way down the field without a flag being thrown. The problem was that he was a very quiet and subdued guy. he NEVER was out there beating his chest or showboating. He was the exact opposite. and the reason he didnt get in to the HOF for so long was just for that reason. all sportswriters said the same thing; he is being robbed and overlooked. so call me a homer if you want but I believe that Monk was better than Moss and Irvin. Homer would definitely be the word I'd use. And I disagree with the Rice comparison. Actually, there's probably no one out there deserving of that comparison.

You're right about why it took him so long to get in. I can't even argue any of that. But he still isn't anywhere close to #2, imo.

and as a matter of fact, Im not even sure Irvin is top ten. The guy benefitted from an amazing OL, a QB who could put the ball anywhere and a backfield that was..well, he is the leading rusher of all time. Im not going to give that crackhead, neck slashing ******* any benefits or any credit if I am not forced to. Once again; call me a homer but I believe what I just said.

Irvin isn't top 10? You can't be serious with this. And you can't use the fact that he played with other great players as a knock on the guy. I mean, pretty much all of the greats played with other great players. Montana, Irvin, Moss, Owens, Swann, etc.

But I get your dislike for the guy. He was a terrible person. And even today, I can't stand listening to the guy on NFLN. Not even sure why they put the clown on there. Sapp either.

TO? Really? Top ten all time? Im not sure if youre saying that to see what my reaction will be or if you truly believe that but Owens was a cancer, he was kicked off every team he ever played on and is now sitting without a job because of his attitude. Brown is better than TO, Alworth better, Swann better.

TO is most definitely top 10. The numbers don't lie. And yeah, he was a cancer, but that's irrelevant. And he will probably find a job again this year. He actually had a pretty decent year last year, all things considered.

thank you, Zoony!! its also not a huge reach to call him #2. like I said, he was Rice before Rice came along.

and LKB, please tell me you're kidding about Chrarlie Brown over Tim Brown. I get the joke if it is one..I do.

Bubble, I understand your disagreement with me. Thats why the first sentence I said was "it will be an unpopular opinion" or something along those lines. I dont like the guy and honestly thnk anyone that gives up on his team time and time again shows you his character and just how much he cares.

Archived