Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Monday Morning "Oh Lord We Have To Face Him This Year" Poll

OxonHillSkinsFan89

I'm in no way concerned. All teams in the NFL have play makers on both sides of the ball. Last year, the 6-10 Washington Redskins defeated the eventual Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers. Now that we've drafted more players and signed a pack of free agents, I'm confident we can hang with any team in the NFL.

If he's healthy, you know Haynesworth is going to just abuse us when we play the Patriots.

---------- Post added August-1st-2011 at 12:21 PM ----------

The Eagles and the Pats are scary ones for sure. I just hope the 'Skins don't get drilled like they did the last time they played New England. That game was simply miserable.

HTTR

You could say the same about the last time we played the Eagles. That was a worse experience for me. I hate DeSean Jackson so much.

If he's healthy, you know Haynesworth is going to just abuse us when we play the Patriots.

---------- Post added August-1st-2011 at 12:21 PM ----------

You could say the same about the last time we played the Eagles. That was a worse experience for me. I hate DeSean Jackson so much.

The last time the Pats came to FedEx we beat them. We ended up only being 5-11 that year and the Pats won the Superbowl. I know that things were a little different in Foxboro though. The Eagles game last year was a total anomaly. We still ended up splitting with them even though they scored a few more points then we did in our win.

I am not looking forward to facing the Pats or Eagles.

Same here, and the Jets too, but that has nothing to do w/ Plax

We will probably split with Philly. We've played against Burress about a million times and he hasn't single-handedly destroyed us. We beat Kolb last year after Mike Vick got hurt. Reggie Bush is more hype than substance. McNabb, and Al haven't showed much recently either. Redskins fans should know by now that signing big names does not equate to winning.

I'd be happy as hell w/ a Philthy split - I'd be even happier if we beat the **** out of them twice, but I think they're going to be as good as the hype this year, and it sucks. Damn, I hate DeSean Jackson - needed to throw that in there.

Nice find Swamp - crazy to think Bob Ley has been doing OTL that long.

This is going to be a severely painful season for those Redskin fans who will forget on sundays that we are truly rebuilding. I wouldn't favor us against any team in the league this season. We could go 0-16. However, this is what we've needed to do since Joe Gibbs II ended.

cornkolb, plexiglass, and the ocho just make me yawn.

the eagles games are gonna be rough, i hope they arent on primetime, but they prolly will be.

not really scared of mcnabb. terrified of haynesworth, cuz you know he will be in beastmode at least for that game, but i still want the chance to punch him in the mouth, so to speak.

i think bush will do well in miami, but im not worried about him.

Call me crazy but I like our chances against all of them because this team has a new direction and fire than before. All of those teams may of improved on paper but it is about chemistry also. We might surprise a lot of people this year but then again we might stink it up. Shanahan and Allen have done really good in FA and draft this year plus losing the dead weight of Haynesworth, Rabach and the rest of the old timers on the team can only make things better. Besides some of these guys that are listed on these teams have some downfalls such as Nmadi and Jenkins both are 30 years old. DRC hasn't really been that impressive. Ochocinco and Haynesworth haven't proved they can be reliable or stay healthy. McNabb is over 30 and Bush and Kolb are just players on their respected teams. And don't forget Burress has been in jail for 2 years and won't be as effective as if he had been playing the whole time instead of being in prison. So for every fear of losing to these teams is always another scenario that could happen. What happens when injuries occur? The Green Bay example of last year doesn't happen every year. It is usually the opposite of winning the Super Bowl. Teams usually lose more games and don't even make the playoffs. So for me I am not concerned about any of the teams or the players on them. I just want them to be competitive and possibly make the playoffs. Anything better than that is a bonus.

Oh, such little faith thou hold upon the Skins.

Its one of the best things; NO ONE expects anything out of the Redskins this year, and the same was said about the Browns a few years ago when Anderson caught fire, got on a roll, and was getting it together fairly quickly.

The same can be said for the Skins, and there's nothing that says just because they have a pair of great cb's that no one will catch any balls. This could be why Shanny is going into wr's so much; a full wr set on the line is something not even the Eagles cb's could stop, if used in the right way.

There are many ways to gain advantages, and I would bet that AH will leave everything on the field when we play them, but once again, proper coaching can negate anything any player on any team throws our way, as long as the players listren and do what they're told.

If all else fails, just throw a twinkie in front of AH when the ball is snapped...

I'm going to be highly miffed at the Redskins if they don't make Haynesworth a non-entity in the Pats game. This franchise owes us fans that much. Before they come out of the tunnel for this game, Shanahan needs to sit his team down and let them know that, whatever Haynesworth's beef with this organization is, what he did to us was over a dozen times worse.

While I think the Eagles, Patriots and Jets will be extremely tough this year, I will maintain that the NFL can never be predicted - especially in the off-season. Putting aside injuries (guys like Vick, Plax, etc. are likely candidates for this), it is almost impossible to make confident guesses. For example, we cannot say that Vick will play well next year just because he seemingly resurrected his career last season. What if the Vick of old returns, and he throws double-digit interceptions? This will in turn put the Eagles defense on the field often, thus potentially hurting Nnamdi's performance.

Breaking down the teams that were mentioned in the OP:

Eagles (Nnamdi, Babin, DRC, Jenkins): Their defense has unquestionably improved. But Babin is not known for his run-stopping, and Jenkins - despite being a fantastic player - may not be able to hold up for an entire season.

Jets (Plax): I just cannot see Plax having a huge season. At this point, he is such a question mark that he may not even be an upgrade over Braylon. The Jets are already a damn good team. The addition of Plax doesn't make them automatically better, like most (if not all) of the Eagles' additions.

Cardinals (Kolb): This experiment has AJ Feeley written all over it. They will probably be better at the QB position . . . but that's just because they were so bad last year. But I for one am not scared in the slightest at facing him.

Dolphins (Bush): An explosive, dangerous player that can go the distance every time he touches the ball. With that said, there is no way in hell the Dolphins and Sparano will use him as effectively as Sean Payton has. Plus, Sparano's coaching philosophy will significantly limit Bush's abilities and ultimately chances.

Vikings (McNabb): Will still be a Peterson-heavy team. McNabb is a bum.

Patriots (Albert and Chad): Chad is a great pick-up for an already scary and efficient offense. Should make their offense almost unstoppable. As far as Albert goes, I don't think he will last an entire year. He'll probably be good to go against us . . . but we can just do what Jason Brown said last year - keep on running right at him.

Eagles, again, will toy with our defense. And Nmadi and DRC? They'll feast off of our starting QB. It's a very safe bet we get swept by the Eagles this year barring major injuries.

have you seen them all play together, or are you going off of whats on paper? Cus, last I checked they are the same team that keeps getting taken out of the Playoffs, except they got a little bit older and more disgruntled

But when McNabb and Adrian Peterson light us up in the Metrodome, thats when people will shake their heads in disgust.

That would be one hellava feat in the Metrodome since we play them in DC.

While I think the Eagles, Patriots and Jets will be extremely tough this year, I will maintain that the NFL can never be predicted - especially in the off-season. Putting aside injuries (guys like Vick, Plax, etc. are likely candidates for this), it is almost impossible to make confident guesses. For example, we cannot say that Vick will play well next year just because he seemingly resurrected his career last season. What if the Vick of old returns, and he throws double-digit interceptions? This will in turn put the Eagles defense on the field often, thus potentially hurting Nnamdi's performance.

Breaking down the teams that were mentioned in the OP:

Eagles (Nnamdi, Babin, DRC, Jenkins): Their defense has unquestionably improved. But Babin is not known for his run-stopping, and Jenkins - despite being a fantastic player - may not be able to hold up for an entire season.

Jets (Plax): I just cannot see Plax having a huge season. At this point, he is such a question mark that he may not even be an upgrade over Braylon. The Jets are already a damn good team. The addition of Plax doesn't make them automatically better, like most (if not all) of the Eagles' additions.

Cardinals (Kolb): This experiment has AJ Feeley written all over it. They will probably be better at the QB position . . . but that's just because they were so bad last year. But I for one am not scared in the slightest at facing him.

Dolphins (Bush): An explosive, dangerous player that can go the distance every time he touches the ball. With that said, there is no way in hell the Dolphins and Sparano will use him as effectively as Sean Payton has. Plus, Sparano's coaching philosophy will significantly limit Bush's abilities and ultimately chances.

Vikings (McNabb): Will still be a Peterson-heavy team. McNabb is a bum.

Patriots (Albert and Chad): Chad is a great pick-up for an already scary and efficient offense. Should make their offense almost unstoppable. As far as Albert goes, I don't think he will last an entire year. He'll probably be good to go against us . . . but we can just do what Jason Brown said last year - keep on running right at him.

Good stuff. I agree with this.

have you seen them all play together, or are you going off of whats on paper? Cus, last I checked they are the same team that keeps getting taken out of the Playoffs, except they got a little bit older and more disgruntled

And we're 6-6 against this "unstoppable" Eagles team in the last 12 games. People are severely overating the Eagles. I want someone to explain to me what exactly have the Eagles done that makes them so unbeatable. I want roster examples including backups.

And we're 6-6 against this "unstoppable" Eagles team in the last 12 games. People are severely overating the Eagles. I want someone to explain to me what exactly have the Eagles done that makes them so unbeatable. I want roster examples including backups.

The only thing they've done so far, is make an awesome team on paper, and possibly on Madden. They are more overrated than the Jets who seem to think that Dirty Sanchez is anything more than a backup

Eagles and Pats without the additions they made.

We got lucky in game 1 last year against the Eagles,Game 2 we got totally embarrassed.

Last time we played the Pats was a clinic on how to destroy G.Williams,bend but dont break,so called defense.

These 2 teams have gotten better.3 losses wouldnt surprise me a bit.

The Jets are a great team but not because of Burress.Could easily be a loss.

The Dolphins,Vikings,and Cardinals are about even with us i believe.

I would have to realistically guess that we go 3-4 against those teams.

I'd be more worried about the Pats than the Eagles, Cards or Vikings. Remember that ass whippin' we received back in 2007. Basically the same offense from 2007 that they are running. Now they added Chad. That's going to be hell covering him, Branch, and Welker.

---------- Post added August-1st-2011 at 04:09 PM ----------

pj, I agree with you. Minus that Monday Night Debacle, what has the Eagles done against us since 2007? We swept them in 2008, and they swept us the following year. But folks are seriously overrating them.

Touche. But I was present at FedEx Field on a certain MNF game where Vick led the Eagles to 28 first QUARTER points. Establishing themselves as the "Dream Team" is going too far, but to think they haven't drastically improved is pretty ignorant.

How many times a year do teams have that kind of game. Do you honestly think that 59 points was something they can do easily against us every time or was it just an anomaly? It was one of those games where everything they did turned to gold and everything we did turned to mud. Again, 6-6 against these jokers the last 6 years and they added a couple of CBs and a DE. We've added players too. The Giants and Cowboys are the ones sitting on their thumbs.

Archived