Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL making a joke of our team REDSKINS!!

montyzachamp

Slow and Steady......we're going in the right direction. So far I really like the moves we made. My only concern at this point is Cofield's transition to NT...or a 5 technique DE, which ever he plays in our defense. I hope we continue on this route and continue to do this and maybe if the Dan is patient in 2-3 years we could have team like the Falcons assuming we find that franchise QB guy.

EDIT

This is probably the wrong time for this thread, but I'll try.

I think everyone is trying to talk themselves off of the ledge after the Eagles signed Asomugha.

I like the way our FO has run this FA period. We've signed a lot of young guys, cut a lot of older ones, and filled most of our needs. We obviously aren't focusing on being a top contender this season, but I think the steps they've taken have moved us in a positive direction.

Most of the signings are guys that fit our specific scheme, not just big names (actually I don't think we've acquired ANY big names) and several are guys our coaching staff are familiar with.

So, it should be a good season with a mixture of youth and new players that will probably start to gel by the end of the season, then next year we will have some momentum to build off of, and hopefully be solid at the positions we've been weak at in the recent past (OL, DL, WR, QB).

With all the jokes being made about the REDSKINS, I just want to know what do the real fans think about how we are reconstructing our team?

For the first time since Charlie Casserly got fired 12 years ago,I feel like we have a coach and gm doing a great and prudent job of restructuring the Skins. It has been a long time coming and I think it's great

It will take time for this team to dig itself out of the morass that Vincenzo and Dannyboy put it in for 10+ years.

This year it was about filling holes so that the defense can actually function as intended, replacement of aged vets and getting younger/more talented all around.

Next year is when they draft their franchise QB and start filling in the last of the holes in the skill positions and in the lines.

It will take time for this team to dig itself out of the morass that Vincenzo and Dannyboy put it in for 10+ years.

This year it was about filling holes so that the defense can actually function as intended, replacement of aged vets and getting younger/more talented all around.

Next year is when they draft their franchise QB and start filling in the last of the holes in the skill positions and in the lines.

Oldskool is wise.

They said the same thing about the Falcons and the Bucs a few years back. I think we'll be okay.... it takes time. I hope we keep at it because I am a very happy fan.

If you are realistic, it should be easy to see the progress. I can honestly give a s what fat Warren Sapp has to say, or even Rich Eisen.

Something will happen somewhere else soon to take the spotlight off the Redskins. My guess, it'll be in Minnesota or New England...

Why are people concerned with the Eagles signing Nnamdi? Lets get real for a second. If Michael Vick has the year he had last year (or better) The Eagles are likely a Superbowl contender. Guess who isn't close to that? The Redskins. *oh gasp, no he didn't how he could he say that*

Yes. I said it. Don't get me wrong. I love the moves we have made, and I won't be surprised if this team performs better than expected and ends up 9-7 this season, however this is still year 2 of an OVERHAUL. 2010 was the evaluation year, 2011 is "Make this team a Shanahan team" Which means there is still a lot of learning to be done. Year 3 is what I see as a "RESULTS" year. 2012 is when we should reasonably expect to be a playoff team, and not even a deep playoff run team, just simply a playoff team.

Now, if what I said is true, that means Asomuhga will be 33 going into 2013, which I think as long as the plan is going accordingly, will be the season the 'Skins should really be a deep playoff run/Superbowl contender. How many cornerbacks are playing at an elite level at 33 years old? I frankly don't care how good he is right now because the 'Skins are not a team capable of competing with the elite teams on a week to week basis regardless. Do people really think we need to worry about something like that when John Beck is our starting QB? Hell even if Beck develops into something great in a couple seasons, why would anyone in their right mind expect that to happen instantly?

Nnamdi was a "WIN NOW" trigger pull for the Eagles. They know they have a window. Especially with a QB like Michael Vick who once he starts taking punishment, he will go the way Donovan McNabb did, but probably quicker. (Also lets stop pretending to ignore that Vick's stats did start to wane later in the season in 2010 as glimpses of the old Vick came out once defense started adjusting again)

This is a big reason I wanted Washington to steer clear of Nanmdi, not because of him as a player, but at 30, he would probably be out of his elite playing skill years by the time the 'Skins really became a contender in a couple seasons.

This is probably the wrong time for this thread, but I'll try.

I think everyone is trying to talk themselves off of the ledge after the Eagles signed Asomugha.

I like the way our FO has run this FA period. We've signed a lot of young guys, cut a lot of older ones, and filled most of our needs. We obviously aren't focusing on being a top contender this season, but I think the steps they've taken have moved us in a positive direction.

Most of the signings are guys that fit our specific scheme, not just big names (actually I don't think we've acquired ANY big names) and several are guys our coaching staff are familiar with.

So, it should be a good season with a mixture of youth and new players that will probably start to gel by the end of the season, then next year we will have some momentum to build off of, and hopefully be solid at the positions we've been weak at in the recent past (OL, DL, WR, QB).

I must admit, I am still on "the ledge" a bit. Right now it feels like we are light-years away from being a contender, but I know the way we were going about building a team has not worked for the better part of a decade. I am just ecstatic we got rid of AH, and the fact that we traded him to another 3-4 team made me chuckle a bit. Still excited to watch some football, hopefully we are at least competitive so we can enjoy the season.

year 1 of shanny was complete disaster.... Year two: same thing. Mainly they ignored the qb position... This insures shanny will be gone by 2013 and the rebuild will start again.

So spending your first season as a coach evaluating your situation and the players you have, and then spending the opening of your second season filling the holes necessary to point the team in the right direction is a disaster? I'm sorry man but your logic escapes me. No we haven't gotten our franchise QB yet, but that kinda thing takes time. It also takes a complete evaluation of the guys that will be surrounding him to figure out the type of QB you need to fit your situation.

For the first time since Charlie Casserly got fired 12 years ago,I feel like we have a coach and gm doing a great and prudent job of restructuring the Skins. It has been a long time coming and I think it's great

Ditto.

As far as the Eagles and Nnamdi Asomugah....I posted my thoughts in that thread. Bottom line is I think everyone needs to calm down.

Well seeing as how my whole post just froze and I don't feel like rewriting, I'll summarize.

Defense = good, possibly on par with Philly as best in division (on paper) but could be sloppy to start with new pieces.

I'm looking for improved play rather than wins/losses as everyone will be fighting for 2nd next to Philly anyway assuming good health across the board in the East.

Offense likely to be sloppy early with so much inexperience at skill positions - similar to O-line last year looking poor but picking up steam and opening more holes towards the end of the year as they began to understand the system.

Finally, and most importantly, I don't see why everyone thinks Beck/Grossman is a joke. There is very little difference in them vs. the likes of Kevin Kolb, Tarvaris Jackson, Alex Smith, Colt McCoy and maybe a few others. All have high draft status, which counts for little now. All have shown flashes of brilliance but never put it all together or had consistent success. Grossman and Kolb are almost identical - both have shown the ability to light it up with yards and scoring while also having strong tendencies of turning it over. Grossman has a much better arm, Kolb is much more mobile. Other than that, the other guys have more of a sample size than Beck but on much better teams than the 1-15 Dolphins. What have any of these guys truly shown that our two possible starting quarterbacks haven't? So why, then, are all these piece of **** media people who know less than many of those of us on here laughing so much about our quarterbacks but seem to think these other guys are good? The Panthers went into last year with Matt ****ing Moore, the Cardinals went into the year with a couple undrafted guys. Our two guys are much better than that and if they can just follow the offensive scheme and limit turnovers we'll be alright.

**** the NFL network

**** Irving

**** the eagles

Really tired of the jokes.

For the first time in ages the redskins are actually doing a true rebuild of the team. In a couple of years they'll have to eat their words.

I like Warren Sapp he's a funny dude he actually gave us props the other nite for upgrading the offense overall minus the qb spot and I can't say that he's wrong to believe that I believe that Grossman and Beck can get the job done not like Brady,Brees,Manning (the older) or Rivers but they damn sure can't do much worse than the previous 2 qb's in D.C. Who knows maybe Beck will have an incredible year seems like evey year there is one qb who gets hot why can't that be Beck or Grossman? Jaime Dukes is a kiss ass cowturd bandwagoner ,Rich Eisen has no clue half the time and seems to talk just to hear the sound of his voice. I absolutely refuse to listen to Deion or Irving...Fran Charles is okay sometimes, I like Micheal Lombardi he knows his stuff. The rest are blah.

year 1 of shanny was complete disaster....

Was it?

IMO Shanny had to discover the losing culture for himself first hand. He got a great dose in week2 vs HOU when that FG got blocked and they completely fell apart. It came to a head vs PHI on MNF and they played fine after that. WAS played with dignity to close the season out and that's good with me.

It's got to hurt if it's going to heal. I like what they are doing.

the nfl media is always a little bit behind whats going on. im not joking when i say that a lot of people on this board have a better idea of where our franchise is headed. and its in the right direction. last year sucked, but the many good moves we made were overshadowed, at least in the media, by the mcnabb and AH debacles. however, we have been a better run franchise since shanny and allen took over.

it will take a year or two more to rebuild our credibility in the media, but it will happen.

and i personally dont care what the media thinks anyways, this is the same media that thinks the cowboys are SB contenders every year and even Vinny has found a job among them. lol.

I think my hero of the offseason at this point is Bruce Allen... to sign as many FA's as he did in a short amount of time... while resigning Moss... trading away our 2 biggest headaches and getting 12 draft picks signed... There is no way Vinny C could have pulled this off without royally screwing up...

As for the direction we are going in... you can't help but be pleased... I just hope fans can be patient as we have all waiting a long time for a real winner... Oh and give John Beck a chance people!!

the nfl media is always a little bit behind whats going on. im not joking when i say that a lot of people on this board have a better idea of where our franchise is headed. and its in the right direction. last year sucked, but the many good moves we made were overshadowed, at least in the media, by the mcnabb and AH debacles. however, we have been a better run franchise since shanny and allen took over.

it will take a year or two more to rebuild our credibility in the media, but it will happen.

and i personally dont care what the media thinks anyways, this is the same media that thinks the cowboys are SB contenders every year and even Vinny has found a job among them. lol.

And the funniest part to me is that Vinny's job is mostly DRAFT COVERAGE. That's a joke within itself. Next thing you know he's gonna be in charge of marketing to the fans. Who according to him a couple years back, "don't really care about winning. Just seeing a good show with lots of points on the board."

How are some of you able to take them serious at all?

1) Every year they predict the cowturds to be superbowl champs and they have 1 playoff win in 35 years.

2) Every year they say it's the Texans year to make the playoffs.

3) They actually believe Just Lost &Clueless knows what the hell he's talking about.

nocal hit the nail on the head, pinned the tail on the donkey what ever phrase you want to use. The eagles have a contending team now and need to find a way to beat the packers. The skins not so much right now.

Everyone knows and ive seen it said here to rebuild a team you need 3 years to rebuild a team. Year one to evaluate and start roster changes year to a complete overhaul of pieces to better fit your scheme and year 3 to finish up the rest of the overhaul. Year one and 2 are on point so far. the defense is pretty much locked up and has the potential to be ALOT better than last year and even better in 2012 after a full season together.

The offense needs work and you can see glimpses of the work gettin done drafting hank and helu was a huge step in the right direction. As for QB why would you draft a qb this past draft with the oline and the wr we had. Plus the qb's during next years draft are gonna be alot better and alot less teams will need a QB after the amount of qbs drafted in last years draft.

I have absolutly no qualms none what so ever about the moves made. I LOVE THEM ALL. We got better and younger in alot of places on defense, we now have wr depth, id still like to see a RT and depth at guard/center.

If you look at the needs now as apposed to in Jan they were cut by atleast 75% we get a better oline and decent QB play we have the makings of a playoff team in 13 and by 14 the Skins will be the team to beat in the nfc east for years to come. Stay the course were good.

PS for all of you that have questions as to how much control Shanny/Allen have Danny boy was on vacation this week no where near to Redskins park. This tells me he is all in and Shanny has free rain for the remainder of his contract.

HTTR

IN SHANNY I TRUST

A lot of you guys up here are in such denial!

This season will be horrible unless something drastic happens. As a fan I find it disgusting that it seems we are purposely trying to tank the season to draft Andrew Luck.

No way should a QB be starting in the NFL that hasn't thrown a pass in an NFL game since 2007.

Archived