Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL making a joke of our team REDSKINS!!

montyzachamp

Best FA we ever had this offseasonn. Team is rebuilding properly and not signing flashy FA's this year. I love it. I'm glad we didn't sign Aso, Joseph, Manning, Cromartie, Holmes, Edwards, Rice, OchoCino, or any of that mumbo jumbo. We aren't contenders this year, i've learned to accept it. We can talk about being serious contenders in 2 years.

Why are people concerned with the Eagles signing Nnamdi? Lets get real for a second. If Michael Vick has the year he had last year (or better) The Eagles are likely a Superbowl contender. Guess who isn't close to that? The Redskins. *oh gasp, no he didn't how he could he say that*

Yes. I said it. Don't get me wrong. I love the moves we have made, and I won't be surprised if this team performs better than expected and ends up 9-7 this season, however this is still year 2 of an OVERHAUL. 2010 was the evaluation year, 2011 is "Make this team a Shanahan team" Which means there is still a lot of learning to be done. Year 3 is what I see as a "RESULTS" year. 2012 is when we should reasonably expect to be a playoff team, and not even a deep playoff run team, just simply a playoff team.

Now, if what I said is true, that means Asomuhga will be 33 going into 2013, which I think as long as the plan is going accordingly, will be the season the 'Skins should really be a deep playoff run/Superbowl contender. How many cornerbacks are playing at an elite level at 33 years old? I frankly don't care how good he is right now because the 'Skins are not a team capable of competing with the elite teams on a week to week basis regardless. Do people really think we need to worry about something like that when John Beck is our starting QB? Hell even if Beck develops into something great in a couple seasons, why would anyone in their right mind expect that to happen instantly?

Nnamdi was a "WIN NOW" trigger pull for the Eagles. They know they have a window. Especially with a QB like Michael Vick who once he starts taking punishment, he will go the way Donovan McNabb did, but probably quicker. (Also lets stop pretending to ignore that Vick's stats did start to wane later in the season in 2010 as glimpses of the old Vick came out once defense started adjusting again)

This is a big reason I wanted Washington to steer clear of Nanmdi, not because of him as a player, but at 30, he would probably be out of his elite playing skill years by the time the 'Skins really became a contender in a couple seasons.

That is a reasoned, well thought out post. And it still chaps my ass that the birds are superbowl favorites (again). They are the anti-skins. It drives me crazy. I HATE it. But yea, we are improving from laughing stock of the league to well. . .laughing stock of the league.

---------- Post added July-29th-2011 at 10:33 PM ----------

A lot of you guys up here are in such denial!

This season will be horrible unless something drastic happens. As a fan I find it disgusting that it seems we are purposely trying to tank the season to draft Andrew Luck.

No way should a QB be starting in the NFL that hasn't thrown a pass in an NFL game since 2007.

This is ridiculous. There is simply NO way we are tanking anything. We really were this bad and it really will take a while to fix it. Be happy that they are fixing it because they are but we do suck and it will be a slow build. That's ok. But nobody is tanking anything.

A lot of you guys up here are in such denial!

This season will be horrible unless something drastic happens. As a fan I find it disgusting that it seems we are purposely trying to tank the season to draft Andrew Luck.

No way should a QB be starting in the NFL that hasn't thrown a pass in an NFL game since 2007.

Ditto, But as you can see I no longer live in the area, I only get majority of the news from online or TV. Those from HOME get the true and real news and kind of know what’s going on our team and not just her say!! I am truly a diehard SKINS fan and just wanted to know what home town thinks of all the remarks that were being made. I found it offense and disrespectful!!

---------- Post added July-29th-2011 at 09:39 PM ----------

Ditto, But as you can see I no longer live in the area, I only get majority of the news from online or TV. Those from HOME get the true and real news and kind of know what’s going on our team and not just her say!! I am truly a diehard SKINS fan and just wanted to know what home town thinks of all the remarks that were being made. I found it offense and disrespectful!!

I really could care less what the media thinks or the opinions of "Timid" Redskins fans that seem to base their thoughts off of what is written on LaVar and Duke's teleprompter. Bruce Allen has done a magnificent job this off-season changing the atmosphere at Redskins Park by bringing in players that actually want to play for our beloved Redskins instead of simple big contract money chasers and not to mention probably the best Skins Draft i've ever seen as a fan. Fat Albert is gone, McNabb is gone, and we're left with a drama-less organization attempting to make strides in the modern day NFL and as far as i'm concerned this Beck/Grossman debate is intriguing instead of obnoxious so the media must need something to laugh at us about I suppose.

Bottom Line: Screw the media in every which way and lets just enjoy this new sense of stability instead of harping on the worthless opinions of the media/timid fans alike. That is all. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!

This is ridiculous. There is simply NO way we are tanking anything. We really were this bad and it really will take a while to fix it. Be happy that they are fixing it because they are but we do suck and it will be a slow build. That's ok. But nobody is tanking anything.

So you trying to tell me you are perfectly fine with us starting a QB who hasn't thrown a pass in a NFL game in 4 years?

Not to mention instead of trying to sign a bunch of OL free agents we sign 3 free agent WR off the top and none of them are elite WR's to complement Santana.

If this isn't tanking the season I don't know what is.

Sorry I heard no jokes. Real fans ignore non Redskin fans.

Jaime Dukes is a kiss ass cowturd bandwagoner ,Rich Eisen has no clue half the time and seems to talk just to hear the sound of his voice. I absolutely refuse to listen to Deion or Irving...Fran Charles is okay sometimes, I like Micheal Lombardi he knows his stuff. The rest are blah.

This is 100% accurate and true!!!!

The league in general, along with the press hate the Redskins; it is what it is oh well and I really hate the fact that NFL network is always on the cowboys nuts.

So you trying to tell me you are perfectly fine with us starting a QB who hasn't thrown a pass in a NFL game in 4 years?

Not to mention instead of trying to sign a bunch of OL free agents we sign 3 free agent WR off the top and none of them are elite WR's to complement Santana.

If this isn't tanking the season I don't know what is.

are you a cowboys fan? cause if you were a skins fan or had any sort of a brain youd see that we are moving in the right direction. Answer me this would you rather have an over the hill hassleback, traded your whole draft for kolb, sign the head case young, junior mcnabb t jackson. Grossman is a servicable QB he has made it to the SB if you forget. Beck was once extremly highly touted never got his shot. Everyone needs to stop ****ing and wait it out. They are not gonna tank the draft no matther where we end up in the draft we will draft a qb I can almost gaurantee it. Even if we trade most of the draft for luck im all in.

The media will never give the skins credit. During all of the past Fat Al issues not one time did I hear Vinny Cerrato's name mentioned. This is the moron that is responsible for the past messes that Shanny/Bruce are cleaning up. I love everything the Skins are doing and look forward to watching guys this year. I think we'll be surprised how well this team can come together.

year 1 of shanny was complete disaster.... Year two: same thing. Mainly they ignored the qb position... This insures shanny will be gone by 2013 and the rebuild will start again.

John Riggins thinks the same thing. Not gonna happen. Shanny will leave on his own terms. Wont be fired, wont quit.

Maybe we're just fanatics. Every media outlet hates us according to Extremeskins. Newsflash guys this is going to be a brutal year. This is what was supposed to have happened last year. Coach Shanahan outsmarted himself to a degree with his 1st year assessing.

We are going to be 4-12 bad - 6-10 bad

We have No QB

No O-line

Two good TEs

Average WRs & RBs

Defense will win us about 4-5 games maybe 6 if they stay healthy but even our 3-4 will be a work in progress in year 2. Every media outlet can't hate us guys lol. We suck

Hail! 2012 ANDREW LUCK

Archived