Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Nnamdi looks headed to the...Eagles.

youlivnlearn

Where is tr1 and dock to talk about salary cap slight of hand by the Eagles and how these aren't real dollars. Cheap cheap Eagles. Offseason moves thus far:

Sign best OL coach in football.

Sign best DL coach in football.

Sign best DE FA.

Sign best CB FA.

Sign best QB FA.

Trade backup QB for 2nd round pick and DRC.

GOLD STANDARD.

Im sure your new CB and new DE will do very well being coached by your old OL coach. Good luck with that. What happens when your former DC sucks and is fired? Hired your OL coach to replace him. GOLD STANDARD!!!

the eagles really did well here. that's a great value contract, and he is unquestionably a great player. they do have a knack for underachieving with really talented rosters, though, so i'm not particularly bothered by this.

i can't imagine asante samuel wants to stick around to potentially be the nickel back, though. gotta figure he's gone.

Agreed. When they signed him I thought it was going to be an outrageous contract.

what i don't get is... how? i mean, you can call them a contender all you want, but they haven't actually won anything, so let's not pretend he picked the Pats or Steelers here. Aso must have seen something that he liked because he definitely could have taken more money to go elsewhere.

if it wasn't entirely about quality of team, it COULDN'T have been about location. Philly? talk about a **** hole. i mean, not many NFL towns are particularly nice places, but Philly is way down the list.

i would love to know what influenced his decision.

what i don't get is... how? i mean, you can call them a contender all you want, but they haven't actually won anything, so let's not pretend he picked the Pats or Steelers here. Aso must have seen something that he liked because he definitely could have taken more money to go elsewhere.

if it wasn't entirely about quality of team, it COULDN'T have been about location. Philly? talk about a **** hole. i mean, not many NFL towns are particularly nice places, but Philly is way down the list.

i would love to know what influenced his decision.

He said he wanted to go to a team that gave him the best chance to win a SB.

Seriously, not a bad signing, but one the skins would have done a few years ago, with vinny in charge.

Same with Vince Young.

Also, didn't Jasan Babin sign with the Eagles before, and didn't do much?

I like what the Eagles did, but you boys can't deny the skins did well aswell. You'll find out in two years if not next year that, Bruce and Shanny are no joke. I admit that, the mcnabb trade has kinda put them under the radar.

Also, Beck is not going to be the joke everyone thinks. Gonna be a fun season.

Explain this to me...they're going to run a majority of Cover 2 this season with Nnamdi, Asante, and DRC..... so a nickle cover two? I mean one of these guys has to go...and btw... Asante in zone is amazing, but the other two that takes away their strengths. Honestly, it's a sick crew of CB's, but this won't last long. IDC what they say to the public / media. One of these guys has to go. BTW, they have no safeties and Babin will be a complete underachiever for them.

Explain this to me...they're going to run a majority of Cover 2 this season with Nnamdi, Asante, and DRC..... so a nickle cover two? I mean one of these guys has to go...and btw... Asante in zone is amazing, but the other two that takes away their strengths. Honestly, it's a sick crew of CB's, but this won't last long. IDC what they say to the public / media. One of these guys has to go. BTW, they have no safeties and Babin will be a complete underachiever for them.

They've had way too much luck lately bro, these moves gonna backfire.

And that would be the Jets. I hate the Jets as much as the Eagles but its true. No chance the Eagles are the team out of the NFC in the SB. GB won it last year with half their roster on IR basically and they were still killing teams.

Where is tr1 and dock to talk about salary cap slight of hand by the Eagles and how these aren't real dollars. Cheap cheap Eagles. Offseason moves thus far:

Sign best OL coach in football.

Sign best DL coach in football.

Sign best DE FA. (BABIN??)

Sign best CB FA.

Sign best QB FA. (Vince Young???)

Trade backup QB for 2nd round pick and DRC.

GOLD STANDARD.

This is why I don't respond to Westbrook anymore. What is in green is completely false, but WB will claim it anyyway. Just like he claims that I was excited about the McNabb trade, which is false. Just like he claimed that Kolb could throw for 4000yds last year.

Now the trade is a shocker. But the biggest shocker is that he wanted to come to a club who could contend for a SB. That's great, but it goes to show you what he thinks of coaching. He's fine playing for an Oline coach who is coaching defense for the first time.

I saw on Comcast this morning they may try to move Asante for a linebacker. At this rate I'm expecting them to swindle the 49ers into giving them Patrick Willis for him LOL.

Seriously though, the Eagles have to be considered the team to beat in the NFC at least.

Do a google search on ES for westbrook36 and "buy a championship" and see what kind of hypocrite he actually is... Cried all through the last decade that we were "trying to buy a championship" and laughed about how we always had to sign the biggest free agents, now he's crowning philly the offseason champs this year... the very thing he's always made fun of us for. "Doing it the right way" is in there a lot too.... Doing it the desperate way should have been.

No doubt this is a big, big move. As redskins fans, we've learned that with these big moves comes big expectations and usually end in big laughs after toolbag fans crow all day, all night and all season about their big name moves and how they're brilliant... until they fall short.

How this move affects the dynamics in the locker room have as much to do with success and failure than anything. The Philly defense was not 2 players away from being elite. With a change to scheme its possible, but we all know how that goes in the NFL. How spoiled little brat Mesean Jackson gonna take it all, really? Not just what he say in the media.

At best, this is a solid move toward making a legitimate run, at worst its Redskin-esque and we will see what happens when a desperate team goes off the plan that kept them in it for so many seasons. Just one of these big name players gets hurt, vick, jackson, DRC, Aso and the eagles could fall into a spiral that would make everyone of us Redskins fans nod our heads in acknowledgement of the utter disappointment that is.... trying to buy a championship.

This is why I don't respond to Westbrook anymore. What is in green is completely false, but WB will claim it anyyway. Just like he claims that I was excited about the McNabb trade, which is false. Just like he claimed that Kolb could throw for 4000yds last year.

Now the trade is a shocker. But the biggest shocker is that he wanted to come to a club who could contend for a SB. That's great, but it goes to show you what he thinks of coaching. He's fine playing for an Oline coach who is coaching defense for the first time.

Who was the best FA DE and QB available this year? Thanks.

Castillo coached D his entire career before coaching the OL with the Eagles. Just the facts, dock.

Cullen Jenkins is probably the best DE on the market.

Second that. Babin had one "great" season last year in 2010, and the eagles clearly didn't think enough to keep him after 2009. And really, WB? VY was not the best FA QB available. Go away for 7 months again, please.

and he picked them over the jets? i thought i heard that he was a smart guy...

i can't help but think there was blackmail involved.

And that would be the Jets. I hate the Jets as much as the Eagles but its true. No chance the Eagles are the team out of the NFC in the SB. GB won it last year with half their roster on IR basically and they were still killing teams.

I'm just telling you what he said. Doesn't mean I necessarily share his opinion.

However, I don't necessarily agree with you guys either. I think both the Jets and Eagles have about the same shot at winning the SB. Its harder to get to the SB in the AFC. Plus, each team has a QB that hasn't proven that they can take a team there.

And tml, "no chance" the Eagles can get to the SB? Seriously? They will pretty much run rampant through the NFC East. And, as you know, its never easy for a SB winner to repeat. Plus, I think everyone overestimates the whole thing about GB being so much better this year than last because they will have all their guys back from injury. People act like that is a given. Its not.

GB isn't just getting guys back from injury, they were also I believe the youngest team in the league last year and still won it all. They are going to be the dynasty of the 2010s.

It's understandable why the Eagles went out and got stud CBs and a pass rusher though. To beat the Packers you're going to have to slow down their passing game. But teams will be able to run at the Eagles.

GB isn't just getting guys back from injury, they were also I believe the youngest team in the league last year and still won it all. They are going to be the dynasty of the 2010s.

It's understandable why the Eagles went out and got stud CBs and a pass rusher though. To beat the Packers you're going to have to slow down their passing game. But teams will be able to run at the Eagles.

The Eagles had more problems than pass-defense against us in the playoffs. James Starks ran it down their throats for 125 yards.

Archived