Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Nnamdi looks headed to the...Eagles.

youlivnlearn

Meh...they lost their starting MLB (Stewart Bradley) and 1 of their starting safeties (Mikell).. Yeah, their CBs look good, but lets see what they have up the gut of their D.

Really. I see a bunch of scared asses in here for one guy? If you guys want to crown them, then crown their asses. I want someone to convince me how they are just SOOOOO head and shoulders above everyone in the NFC. Bring it on Philthy!!

The Eagles put up a 55 spot on the Skins the last time we played and walked away with the division before signing 4 ProBowlers this offseason. I love the enthusiasm and never say die attitude but you guys will start pushing "All In" for Andrew Luck around week 7.

The Eagles put up a 55 spot on the Skins the last time we played and walked away with the division before signing 4 ProBowlers this offseason. I love the enthusiasm and never say die attitude but you guys will start pushing "All In" for Andrew Luck around week 7.

59, actually.:(

Do a google search on ES for westbrook36 and "buy a championship" and see what kind of hypocrite he actually is... Cried all through the last decade that we were "trying to buy a championship" and laughed about how we always had to sign the biggest free agents, now he's crowning philly the offseason champs this year... the very thing he's always made fun of us for. "Doing it the right way" is in there a lot too.... Doing it the desperate way should have been.

No doubt this is a big, big move. As redskins fans, we've learned that with these big moves comes big expectations and usually end in big laughs after toolbag fans crow all day, all night and all season about their big name moves and how they're brilliant... until they fall short.

How this move affects the dynamics in the locker room have as much to do with success and failure than anything. The Philly defense was not 2 players away from being elite. With a change to scheme its possible, but we all know how that goes in the NFL. How spoiled little brat Mesean Jackson gonna take it all, really? Not just what he say in the media.

At best, this is a solid move toward making a legitimate run, at worst its Redskin-esque and we will see what happens when a desperate team goes off the plan that kept them in it for so many seasons. Just one of these big name players gets hurt, vick, jackson, DRC, Aso and the eagles could fall into a spiral that would make everyone of us Redskins fans nod our heads in acknowledgement of the utter disappointment that is.... trying to buy a championship.

Very good point...

Many also forget that WB36 basically gave up on his team a few years ago.

I remember, however.

;)

---------- Post added July-30th-2011 at 07:26 PM ----------

Well, well. Looks like the Eagles are odds on favorites to win the division...much as the pukes were last year....:rotflmao:

You have a qb who's fragile, and a newly acquired backup who is over the hill.

Enjoy your season going into every game being the favorite...oh, and if you don't beat the spread, try not to be disappointed.

Anyway, never fear...Andy's postseason time management performances will never allow you to win the SB.

Duck out of water.

:rotflmao:

Fine by us. I don't recall anyone in here saying we would be playing for a Lombardi in Indy in February. I'd take Luck in a heartbeat. But we're not laying down for Philthy. Last year was last year. This year is this year.

Exactly. Tables sure are turned here. Redskins offseason champs many years in a row. Now the Eagles are offseason champs. But that's why you play the games.

---------- Post added July-30th-2011 at 09:00 PM ----------

I don't know much about Jenkins other than his reputation; haven't focused on him when he plays. Is he really good?

Yeah we get it. You don't watch games and you smack talk. e0dab-Bunkley.jpg

Beast.

dock, I readily admit I don't know much about an individual player and now "I don't watch games"....awesome. I'll just make up facts in the future if I'm not sure like you commonly do. :ols:

I think it's great that Houston cut a top 10 pick from like 3-4 years ago and the Eagles got more in compensation for Bunkley than the Skins got for Haynesworth and McNabb individually. That has to burn, doesn't it? :ols:

dock, I readily admit I don't know much about an individual player and now "I don't watch games"....awesome. I'll just make up facts in the future if I'm not sure like you commonly do. :ols::

Dude, you were deployed overseas, didn't post for days at a time because of internet issues, and now you're going to tell us that you had the Direct TV ticket? WHatever. Fine. You watched every Eagles game 2x in 2010.

And seriously, chief, I have seen people get banned for accusing others of making things up. People know my posts are solid. Information is flying around every which way this offseason. You are on thin ice and you know it.

This thread isn't Eagles<Redskins or Eagles>Redskins you dope.

So now you're getting the score wrong, AND trying to change up your argument here to something you can talk :pooh: about like one game where your team clicked against a really sub-par Redskins team after losing to them earlier in the year. Yay!

BUT To top it off, you're now gonna push your chips all in and talk :pooh: about how many "probowlers" you signed?

Lets quote you for fun...

I have never understood why fans get all up in arms when "their" guys don't make the probowl. In my opinion, I'd be happy if an Eagle never made the probowl.

First, making a probowl increases your bargaining position when it comes time to talk contract. Weaver made it this year and is playing on a one-year deal. It's going to be difficult for the Eagles to retain him. I love DeSean Jackson, but, my god, he is the first player ever to be voted in as a starter at two different positions in the same year. Plus he did it in his second year. If he keeps performing, his contract is going to make Fitzgerald's look laughable.

In the end, the PB doesn't mean anything. In 2004, I think the Eagles had like 10 guys make the squad; we didn't win the Superbowl.

I guess if your team is terrible, it's something good to look back on and talk about. However, if your team is in the playoffs, you should be rooting for every player on your team to get snubbed.

You don't think a guy like Celek is going to play with a chip on his shoulder knowing he had a great year yet came up short? Everyone knows the biggest motivator in sports is the disrespect card. Teams use it, players use it, ****, fans on sports messageboards use it.

Think about the 2007 Cowboys team who had 13 Probowlers. How many times did they talk about the fact they had 13 Probowlers leading up to the 2007 playoffs and before the 2008 season? They thought they arrived and thought they were better than they really were. The Eagles always fall into the trap of thinking they are better than they really are.

We've learned many times over that free agency is as much of a crap shoot as the draft, but without as much upside.

what you fail to state is that the Eagles COULD have signed any of those players but don't sign players on the wrong side of 30 to big contracts.....choosing to replace with players drafted previous, already on the roster.

It takes more than leading the NFL in player salaries to win a game

SO again your hypocritical way rears its head... Prowbowlers suck when you dont have any, free agency is for crappy FO's that cant draft...:bfd:

Just admit it, you're drinking the Koolaid, you're under the spell, you sir have pushed all the chips in....Eagles will win the SB this yr. :ha: (they better)

Now your owner knows how Daniel Snyder has made so much money over the past decade plus. The kind of money they don't have to give so much back to the players, the return on investment is fool proof for yrs even if you don't go all the way...but of course you will, the wrong way, the way you have crowed about for yrs and yrs while trying to sell us on the fact that you and other eagles fans were happy to not spending $$ in free agency.

Enjoy the Koolaid, Hypocrite.

I have to say, the Eagles have truly gone all out like never before this offseason. I find it kind of interesting that with all of this, they're going into camp with a rookie kicker. Sure he was great in college, but a complete unknown on whether he will handle the pressure of the NFL.

We can't argue with the fact that on paper the Eagles have to be the favorite to win it all this year. They usually handle such expectations very well.

Namdi and Jenkins etc took their talents to South Philly. Heck, I think along with Westy we should expect them to win not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, ... championships. Because putting a "dream team" (Vince Young, thank you) together always means multiple championships. Just ask Lebron James.

Nnamdi doesn't help the fact that Micheal Vick is not an elite QB. He played well in 10 games and is essentially a pawn shop magician. Is he a talented dude? Absolutely, there is certainly no denying that. But the guy couldn't read a hot route to save his life, and if his first progression is not there then he takes off. This league is not designed to have a running QB to thrive with that style of play. It's much too violent of a league for someone to survive a 16 game (not including Philly hopes to go deep into the playoffs) stretch playing that style of football.

That doesn't include the fact that your smartest position on your team needs to be your QB. This is a guy who made millions of dollars and decided to gamble a couple of thou on pit bulls. Does this seem like the characteristics of a super bowl winning QB?

to bring this thread back to Nnamdi...

does anyone have an idea how he might be used against the skins? we are in the unusual position of probably having our best WR (Moss) in the slot, so would they just man Aso against him there? that wouldn't make the best use of his island coverage skills (especially against deep plays), although he is very good in run support, so maybe it would balance out against the run.

DRC is a heck of a corner, but i've always seen him as a finesse guy - a little "soft" if you will. asante is pretty undersized, too. doesn't it make sense to just outmuscle these guys? 2TE sets, plenty of runs. aside from the fact that Cooley and Davis are two of our best players (and therefore should be used as much as possible ANYWAY), we match up better against the eagles with 2 TEs than with 3 WRs.

I've been very surprised by these moves. In hindsight, shouldn't be too surprised by NA, as Eagles have shown before they'll go out and get big FAs if they think they want/need. But, the Babin/Jenkins signings really surprised me, due to their age. Only thing I can think of is that they've drafted fairly well in the past few years in most positions except DL, and are paying for that by having to sign FAs in that spot. McDougle, Abiamiri, Bunkley, and maybe Graham, have been busts, although Graham has a chance still, but with his injury, it most likely won't be this year.

Eagles have improved significantly at OL/DL coaching, CB & DL, but still have major question marks, IMO. Right side of the OL, the kicking game (Akers AND Rocca gone????), LB, and both safety positions are all weaknesses that can be catastrophic, especially in the playoffs.

I've been very surprised by these moves. In hindsight, shouldn't be too surprised by NA, as Eagles have shown before they'll go out and get big FAs if they think they want/need. But, the Babin/Jenkins signings really surprised me, due to their age. Only thing I can think of is that they've drafted fairly well in the past few years in most positions except DL, and are paying for that by having to sign FAs in that spot. McDougle, Abiamiri, Bunkley, and maybe Graham, have been busts, although Graham has a chance still, but with his injury, it most likely won't be this year.

Eagles have improved significantly at OL/DL coaching, CB & DL, but still have major question marks, IMO. Right side of the OL, the kicking game (Akers AND Rocca gone????), LB, and both safety positions are all weaknesses that can be catastrophic, especially in the playoffs.

They just signed a veteran OL guy from Cinn , and Watkins will be a really good RG, so shouldn't be too bad there. Better than last year. As far as the Safety - yes they are young but Coleman and Allen are very serviceable as shown last year. It was the RCB that was getting burnt, not the Safeties. As far as kicking - this Alex Henery rookie kid looks amazing already in camp, and from the Nebraska fans they say he is unflappable - best kicker to come out in ages. But still have to wait until the real NFL experience happens before they crown him. Punter - eh? Rocca was average so they wont miss too much there. The reason they lost to the Packers was Corner play and DT play. Those have been addressed in a BIG way, so match up looks closer than it did last year.

The reason they lost to the Packers was Corner play and DT play.

well, not really. How about abysmal 3rd down efficiency? How about playcalling? For sure the line gave up a ton of yards on the ground, but Andy had a chance down 11 at like the 15 4th and 1, where momentum was starting to swing toward the Eagles. He should have gone for it. The Eagles had been dominated in a lot of aspects, and here was a chance to force an issue. Akers missed the FG, but 35yds for Akers was not a sure thing. So there will always be Andy Reid. Now he just has more talent.

well, not really. How about abysmal 3rd down efficiency? How about playcalling? For sure the line gave up a ton of yards on the ground, but Andy had a chance down 11 at like the 15 4th and 1, where momentum was starting to swing toward the Eagles. He should have gone for it. The Eagles had been dominated in a lot of aspects, and here was a chance to force an issue. Akers missed the FG, but 35yds for Akers was not a sure thing. So there will always be Andy Reid. Now he just has more talent.

I'm the first to say that AR has struggled coaching in big games, but that game can't be blamed on him. They were in a good position to win that, but just didn't make the plays.

I'm the first to say that AR has struggled coaching in big games, but that game can't be blamed on him. They were in a good position to win that, but just didn't make the plays.

This. That is why he had to go "all in" otherwise they wouldn't even have a shot against them or Atlanta this year.

This. That is why he had to go "all in" otherwise they wouldn't even have a shot against them or Atlanta this year.

To be honest, I don't really get the hype about Atlanta. They were DESTROYED last year in the playoff game at home against Green Bay, and their QB has yet to win his first playoff game. I know that they are a young team, but their offense when you look at it is not that good, and Matt Ryan for all the praise that he receives, hasn't had the start to his career that Matt Sanchez has had. Atlanta is not a powerhouse until they prove that they can win it's first playoff game and go on a run. I would say that Green Bay is the top dog in the NFC with Philadelphia being second. Atlanta and New Orleans are probably 3 & 4, and then it's a tossup between all the other teams in the NFC.

I don't mean to be a hater against Atlanta, but seem to only be a good home team, and they really do not have a great record against elite teams. They also do not have a good defense at all, which is their biggest vice. They were carved up like a pumpkin last year against the eventually Super Bowl champs, and they need to improve on that before we put them up there with the elite teams.

Uh, yes he was. Unrestricted FA. Just because he re-signed doesn't make him not a FA.

Free Agency didn't start until friday, pal.

---------- Post added August-1st-2011 at 07:08 PM ----------

Since the Redskins are 6-6 against the Eagles since 2005, I assume you hate them, too.

Of course I do. Just like I hate the Cowboys and Giants too. They're a division rival. Goes without saying.

Archived