Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Nnamdi looks headed to the...Eagles.

youlivnlearn

The Eagles put up a 55 spot on the Skins the last time we played and walked away with the division before signing 4 ProBowlers this offseason. I love the enthusiasm and never say die attitude but you guys will start pushing "All In" for Andrew Luck around week 7.

Yes, they have great CBs. But how do their LBs look? How about their Safties?

If I am on O-Coordinator, I am lining up 2 TE, running a lot of play action...

well, not really. How about abysmal 3rd down efficiency? How about playcalling? For sure the line gave up a ton of yards on the ground, but Andy had a chance down 11 at like the 15 4th and 1, where momentum was starting to swing toward the Eagles. He should have gone for it. The Eagles had been dominated in a lot of aspects, and here was a chance to force an issue. Akers missed the FG, but 35yds for Akers was not a sure thing. So there will always be Andy Reid. Now he just has more talent.

You make the field goal and you're only down 8, within 1 score and a 2 pt conversion of tying the game. You go for it and miss and you are done. It's not a tough decision.

---------- Post added August-1st-2011 at 07:11 PM ----------

And you won't score enough points to keep up with our offense if you play like that.

They didn't. He didn't sign until Friday. You could re-sign your own players before then, and negotiate, but FA didn't start until Friday.
Thursday's moves:

• Schatz on Greg Olsen to Carolina

• Joyner/FBO on Chad Ochocinco to New England

• Joyner on Kevin Kolb to Arizona (with AccuScore projection)

• FBO on Jason Babin to Philadelphia

• Joyner on Albert Haynesworth to New England

• Schatz on Donovan McNabb to Minnesota (with AccuScore projection)

• FBO on Reggie Bush to Miami

Wednesday's moves:

• FBO on Sidney Rice to Seattle

• Joyner on Steve Breaston to Kansas City

• Schatz on James Anderson and Thomas Davis back to Carolina

• FBO on Bruce Gradkowski to Cincinnati

• Joyner on DeAngelo Williams back to Carolina

• FBO on Eric Weddle back to San Diego

• Schatz on Santonio Holmes to New York Jets

• Kiper on Matt Hasselbeck to Tennessee (with AccuScore projection)

• Schatz on Donte' Stallworth to Washington

• Joyner on Paul Posluszny to Jacksonville

• FBO on Ike Taylor back to Pittsburgh

Tuesday's moves:

• FBO on Quintin Mikell to St. Louis

• Joyner on Charles Johnson back to Carolina

• Schatz on Tarvaris Jackson to Seattle (with AccuScore projection)

Source: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6801371/running-analysis-2011-nfl-free-agency-deals-signings

There are a lot of signings prior to Friday. You couldn't technically "announce" the signing until then, but we see how that worked...still want to continue saying Free Agency began on Friday?

Wow - you figured it out! I guess Beck will be dropping 30 on us then... Aso never lets TEs get past him if they are running off the right side, and you will know the names Chaney and lil' Matthews by seasons end. The safeties are the same 2 we had last year and they both only gave up like 2-3 touchdowns. It was our RCB and Nickel CBs that sucked. And hen why didnt Shanny do this last year - we were way worse then. If it didnt work last year - it wont work this year with our CBs, one more year experience at Safety and our DE and front 4 improved.

Dude - Washburn is the man when it comes to DL schemes, right up there with JJ. Castillo doesnt even have to know a thing about Defense to succeed with Washburn helping him. Beck will be on his back or running more than likely. You guys better hope Helu is better than expected.

Watching Castillo, who has never called a single defensive play on any level, call plays this season will be an interesting watch. One of the more brilliant ideas I've witnessed in professional football.

This is our "all in" year. Lets have that dude from the offense call our defensive schemes on gameday. That's totally gonna rule.

I can't wait until the Eagles are great on defense and you guys just move on to the next argument like WELL THEY WON'T WIN A SUPERBOWL!!! and neglect that you made a big deal out of Castillo.

Bookmarked.

:ols:

---------- Post added August-2nd-2011 at 04:45 AM ----------

Castillo doesnt even have to know a thing about Defense to succeed with Washburn helping him. Beck will be on his back or running more than likely.

Another Eagle fan positioned for heartbreak.

I love it.

I can't wait until the Eagles are great on defense and you guys just move on to the next argument like WELL THEY WON'T WIN A SUPERBOWL!!! and neglect that you made a big deal out of Castillo.

WTF? How can you not make a big deal out of a defense coordinator that never coached defense at the pro level? There's a bunch of talent on the defense now. SOme holes for sure, but a bunch of talent. If he has success, that doesn't mean he's a good coach. Two words. Barry Switzer.

lol at all the ****y birds fans on here. these guys show up when something good happens and disappear when they choke. i wouldn't compare them to christmas trees like the cowboys, but they definitely go into hiding so they don't have to eat their choke crow.

WTF? How can you not make a big deal out of a defense coordinator that never coached defense at the pro level? There's a bunch of talent on the defense now. SOme holes for sure, but a bunch of talent. If he has success, that doesn't mean he's a good coach. Two words. Barry Switzer.

There is good reason for concern about Castillo functioning as DC, at least from my end. I think he'll be fine for game preparation and teaching, but where my worries will be focused will be during the game.

There aren't any defenses, or teams for that matter, that can win consistently based solely on talent anymore. Switzer's achievement was a different era.

Wow - you figured it out! I guess Beck will be dropping 30 on us then... Aso never lets TEs get past him if they are running off the right side, and you will know the names Chaney and lil' Matthews by seasons end. The safeties are the same 2 we had last year and they both only gave up like 2-3 touchdowns. It was our RCB and Nickel CBs that sucked. And hen why didnt Shanny do this last year - we were way worse then. If it didnt work last year - it wont work this year with our CBs, one more year experience at Safety and our DE and front 4 improved.

Dude - Washburn is the man when it comes to DL schemes, right up there with JJ. Castillo doesnt even have to know a thing about Defense to succeed with Washburn helping him. Beck will be on his back or running more than likely. You guys better hope Helu is better than expected.

Is it just me, or does this ring of Westy's "this d-line will be unblockable" quote from a couple of years ago...

I want any of these Eagle fans to go back and point to where the Offseason Champ actually lived up to expectations. I'll wait.

Is it just me, or does this ring of Westy's "this d-line will be unblockable" quote from a couple of years ago...

I want any of these Eagle fans to go back and point to where the Offseason Champ actually lived up to expectations. I'll wait.

Not speaking about our dominance vs any other team than the Redskins... so until you can show me how great your Oline is and how good Beck is in a collapsed pocket or throwing on the run, I will remain optimistic with what we have up front coupled with great DBs vs the Skins Offense ... I think many other high-caliber team such as Saints, Gmen, GB and Atlanta will be fine -- Skins not so much from what I saw last year and who you picked up..

in the barrel, i dont think you got what he was saying. but then again youre an Iggles fan; Im sure threre a lot of things you dont get. Like Lombardi trophies.[/QUOTE]

You send me a picture of you with any of the Skin's Lombardis and you in your uniform you wore that year, and then I will respect what your saying - other than that your just some dude from Hyattsville that picked up on a team that already had some SB wins and happened to grow up in MD. I also grew up rooting for the Steelers as a kid( born right outside and family still are) so if you want to talk Lombardis and winning tradition I would be more than glad to. Still always root for the Birds - but like I said in another post weeks ago would love to have my family get on here and shove some trophies that the TEAM and actual players won in your face. They wouldnt do that because they dont have a complex of bad football for the last 20 years and were basically made by my grandparents to be Steelers fans. I chose to be an Eagles fan - win lose or otherwise and still will trophies or not.

lol, ITB tells BigMike how he just grew up in a spot with a team that had SB's while he grew up a steelers fan and bandwagoned onto the birds when they started becoming successful, lol LOVE IT!

even as a bandwagon he can't get a trophy hahaha

Archived