Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boba Fett Movie? Possibly.

DM72

as another poster said, Fett's mysterious background is what makes him cool. A full length feature film may do more harm than good.

Anyone remember the other Star Wars spin offs?

"Ewoks battle for Endor" was one of my favorites, I had the movie on VHS.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/joe-johnston-directing-a-boba-fett-movie-just-might-save-star-wars/

As a long time Star Wars fan, I'm all for it. AS LONG as they keep "YOU KNOW WHO" from writing the script and as far away from the CGI machines as possible.

There are a few Boba Fett fan movies which are entertaining. You can see them here:

http://theforce.net/fanfilms/

I remember as a kid, HAVING to have his action figure. No one else mattered. Luke? Meh. Womp-rat hunter who caught a lucky break. Obi-Wan? Crazy old loon. Leah? Even then I knew I had no use for a mouthy little princess.

Boba Fett was the man. And I have NO idea why. :ols:

---------- Post added July-19th-2011 at 11:32 PM ----------

The dog-suit guy in "The Shining" definitely had a more stunning cameo, but um...I'm glad that didn't catch on. :ols:

I had the Fett action figure as well, I also really like the Red Imperial Guards, I had a ton of those guys and I would always have Fett leading an army of Storm Troopers and Imperial Guards against my G.I. Joe's, led by Sgt. Slaughter.

Boba Fett will always be one of the most famous bit characters in a movie, and while not even in the ballpark, i love the bit charactor "Pinky" in the Friday movies. Clifton Powell. http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/xc/cw/wa/Again.jpg

So somebody who isn't Lucas comes up with this idea for a movie--in all likelihood it will never get made, and yet you still criticize him because he would hypothetically make money off of it? I don't know if I get it. Then again, I don't get a lot of things.

Anywho, Joe Johnston is the artist who designed Boba Fett's armor. He eventually left Lucasfilm's art dept and became a pretty decent director in his own right.

The thing that I like about Star Wars is that it's just the six movies that tell one complete story. I like that it doesn't do sequel after sequel after sequel until it stops making money, like most other movie franchises. So in general, I am against any more Star Wars movies. But I have to admit that I would definitely see a Boba Fett movie if it's directed by Joe Johnston, the man who deserves all the credit for creating Boba Fett.

Lucas owns the rights to anything Star Wars. In other words, he approves everything. Which means he'll be involved in the film. Probably pay for a lot of it. Which means it will suck.

Lucas owns the rights to anything Star Wars. In other words, he approves everything. Which means he'll be involved in the film. Probably pay for a lot of it. Which means it will suck.

This is only partially true, he does own Star Wars but he has a huge staff that is responsible for continuity and creating/expanding the universe. Lucas does not micro manage every decision, that would be impossible as there is so much Star Wars between comics, books, games, cartoons, figures etc....

Boba Fett always was oddly popular. Those 80's movies weren't bad, the first three numerically were dissapointing. Space Council meetings? Who could possibly enjoy Episode 1....anyways...if its not Lucas it could be interesting.

Actually,give me Farscape anyday if its cheesy scifi you're after, but hey....to each their own.

Boba Fett always was oddly popular. Those 80's movies weren't bad, the first three numerically were dissapointing. Space Council meetings? Who could possibly enjoy Episode 1....anyways...if its not Lucas it could be interesting.

I agree. If Lucas is writing the script, I'm not that interested. I've lost all faith in him. But if someone else were to do it like Joe Johnston, then I'm all in. Remember, Johnston was apart of Syar Wars before Lucas hired a bunch of YES MEN for the prequels.

Actually,give me Farscape anyday if its cheesy scifi you're after, but hey....to each their own.

On the one hand, I want to argue Star Wars with you because the prequels have a lot of good points...

But on the other hand, I want to say YES! I have been watching Farscape on Netflix and it is brilliant. Starts out a little cheesy, but somewhere during the second season it starts getting really "out there". Some of the best yet most bizarre storylines I have ever seen on TV. The characters great, and it's so much fun to see actual animatronic creatures as opposed to crappy-looking CGI.

It breaks my heart that it ever got cancelled. Great great show.

I think you're overlooking the most obvious Star Wars spinoff: A Jar Jar Binks, Ewoks team up. Pure gold.

You just caused me to puke in my mouth a little, then I continued reading and lost my lunch. I'm only glad that it's a joke, because if not, the shame, the shame to WANT to see Jar Jar or those teddy bears ever again in any movie. :puke:

Archived