Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boba Fett Movie? Possibly.

DM72

Has a character with a smaller bit-appearance in a film ever garnered the cult following that Boba Fett has?

(I'm sure the answer is yes, but I can't recall any off-hand.)

I think the answer is No.

I think the answer is No.

I remember as a kid, HAVING to have his action figure. No one else mattered. Luke? Meh. Womp-rat hunter who caught a lucky break. Obi-Wan? Crazy old loon. Leah? Even then I knew I had no use for a mouthy little princess.

Boba Fett was the man. And I have NO idea why. :ols:

---------- Post added July-19th-2011 at 11:32 PM ----------

I don't think so. I certainly can't think of any.

The dog-suit guy in "The Shining" definitely had a more stunning cameo, but um...I'm glad that didn't catch on. :ols:

This isn't Lucas' idea. Joe Johnston, who was a big part of the original trilogy, is behind this.

Who do you think is going to end up with all the cash?

I don't see what's the big deal about him either. Somehow Star Wars fans have turned him in to some great character. Yet all I've seen is a whiney kid and a dude in a busted up suit getting his hat hands to him by the wussiest Jedi of all time

I like the idea because of the timeline that it would have take place in. I would think it would have to be between Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.

---------- Post added July-19th-2011 at 11:43 PM ----------

I don't see what's the big deal about him either. Somehow Star Wars fans have turned him in to some great character. Yet all I've seen is a whiney kid and a dude in a busted up suit getting his hat hands to him by the wussiest Jedi of all time

LOL. We fell in love with the suite. And he was the first on screen character to show some backbone to Vader.

Is this some lame attempt, popular in modern film, to turn Boba Fett into some anti-hero?

Boba Fett had a cool uni and that made him cool.......30 years ago. But he was a bit player nothing more. It's too bad Uncle George decided to appease fanboys by giving the guy a backstory in the prequels. There was no need.

Personally if a new Star Wars is to be made, it needs to be a sequel trilogy with the central premise being something along the lines of Luke trying to rebuild the Jedi and corrupting nature of having power. Ignore the EU crap and make the real post Jedi trilogy.

Otherwise just let Star Wars enjoy retirement. It was a great ride.

Personally if a new Star Wars is to be made, it needs to be a sequel trilogy with the central premise being something along the lines of Luke trying to rebuild the Jedi and corrupting nature of having power. Ignore the EU crap and make the real post Jedi trilogy.

I think you're overlooking the most obvious Star Wars spinoff: A Jar Jar Binks, Ewoks team up. Pure gold.

I remember as a kid, HAVING to have his action figure. No one else mattered. Luke? Meh. Womp-rat hunter who caught a lucky break. Obi-Wan? Crazy old loon. Leah? Even then I knew I had no use for a mouthy little princess.

Boba Fett was the man. And I have NO idea why. :ols:

no doubt. the best part is watching that play out in my son. he's a star wars nut. he LOVES boba fett.

---------- Post added July-20th-2011 at 07:36 AM ----------

new jedi order. great book series.

So somebody who isn't Lucas comes up with this idea for a movie--in all likelihood it will never get made, and yet you still criticize him because he would hypothetically make money off of it? I don't know if I get it. Then again, I don't get a lot of things.

Anywho, Joe Johnston is the artist who designed Boba Fett's armor. He eventually left Lucasfilm's art dept and became a pretty decent director in his own right.

The thing that I like about Star Wars is that it's just the six movies that tell one complete story. I like that it doesn't do sequel after sequel after sequel until it stops making money, like most other movie franchises. So in general, I am against any more Star Wars movies. But I have to admit that I would definitely see a Boba Fett movie if it's directed by Joe Johnston, the man who deserves all the credit for creating Boba Fett.

Has a character with a smaller bit-appearance in a film ever garnered the cult following that Boba Fett has?

(I'm sure the answer is yes, but I can't recall any off-hand.)

How about Bert Gummer from "Tremors"?

---------- Post added July-20th-2011 at 08:27 AM ----------

It's too bad Uncle George decided to appease fanboys by giving the guy a backstory in the prequels. There was no need.
Lucas had a ridiculously surplus backstory for most of the characters in the Star Wars movies. Including aliens in the cantina you only saw once, in the first movie. http://www.starwars.com/movies/episode-iv/20081027.html?page=3

So somebody who isn't Lucas comes up with this idea for a movie--in all likelihood it will never get made, and yet you still criticize him because he would hypothetically make money off of it? I don't know if I get it. Then again, I don't get a lot of things.

Anywho, Joe Johnston is the artist who designed Boba Fett's armor. He eventually left Lucasfilm's art dept and became a pretty decent director in his own right.

The thing that I like about Star Wars is that it's just the six movies that tell one complete story. I like that it doesn't do sequel after sequel after sequel until it stops making money, like most other movie franchises. So in general, I am against any more Star Wars movies. But I have to admit that I would definitely see a Boba Fett movie if it's directed by Joe Johnston, the man who deserves all the credit for creating Boba Fett.

I agree 100%. Do people tell Cameron or Speilberg to stop making movies because they're too rich? I doubt if it will ever get made, but considering Joe Johnston pretty much created Boba Fett, that should carry some weight with Lucas.

The more they explain about Boba Fett, the less interesting he becomes.

Yep. I really didn't need to see him as a little kid in Star Wars II, especially since the little kid was a really bad actor.

I owned a Boba Fett t-shirt before I had ever seen Star Wars. It was my favorite shirt, just cause the guy on it looked awesome. That's all I needed to know.

Archived