Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Local Indianpolis Whispers are that Peyton Manning will possibly be UFA?

higgybaby

Secondly, NO, I don't want Peyton Manning, not now, no for the $$ he's gonna demand. Sheesh!!

thats just plain insane. not to say manning would take the money and come to washington over the colts, but if he was willing to sign in washington you move heaven and earth to do so.

Manning would give the redskins something that they have not had or deserved in some time, instant creditability.

No. I do not want him.

But I will say, imagine if he did become a FA (no way it happens). This NFL free agency period would be something we would never ever see again.

It wouldn't be about the Skins. But the chaos the media would have with it.

thats just plain insane. not to say manning would take the money and come to washington over the colts, but if he was willing to sign in washington you move heaven and earth to do so.

Manning would give the redskins something that they have not had or deserved in some time, instant creditability.

We said the samething about McNabb last year. And look at how that turned out. Not to say that Manning isn't better than McNabb, but again, he would demand too much money - money that can be used to fill these other critical holes. If he's willing to play for a modest salary, fine, i'm with it, but we know that will not be the case. Irsay already stated that he's willing to make him the richest player in the history of the league....Thanks, but no thanks.

The Boston Herald reports the NFLPA executive committee will not recommend any special considerations for the 10 plaintiffs in the Brady v. NFL antitrust settlement.

Realizing it would be too "cumbersome" to satisfy individual demands, the NFLPA's decision came with "far less wrangling and horse trading behind the scenes" than recent reports suggested. The upshot is that Peyton Manning and Drew Brees will not be exempt from the franchise tag going forward. Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson will not be granted free agency, nor a $10 million payout. Jul 19, 9:49 PM

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning

I just want to remind everyone, Peyton Manning is 35 this year. No way would I want to sign him. Sorry, five years ago sure, but not now. I'd rather sign some youth and OL.

If you thought watching Brett Favre in Minny was painful last year, it would be a LOT worse with Manning behind our OL minus Favres ability to run (as bad as it was at 40, he was still able to tuck the ball and run better than Manning has ever been able to).

Manning doesn't have a death wish, he won't be signing here.

I just want to remind everyone, Peyton Manning is 35 this year. No way would I want to sign him. Sorry, five years ago sure, but not now. I'd rather sign some youth and OL.

If you thought watching Brett Favre in Minny was painful last year, it would be a LOT worse with Manning behind our OL minus Favres ability to run (as bad as it was at 40, he was still able to tuck the ball and run better than Manning has ever been able to).

Manning doesn't have a death wish, he won't be signing here.

Thank You!

---------- Post added July-19th-2011 at 09:08 PM ----------

The Boston Herald reports the NFLPA executive committee will not recommend any special considerations for the 10 plaintiffs in the Brady v. NFL antitrust settlement.

Realizing it would be too "cumbersome" to satisfy individual demands, the NFLPA's decision came with "far less wrangling and horse trading behind the scenes" than recent reports suggested. The upshot is that Peyton Manning and Drew Brees will not be exempt from the franchise tag going forward. Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson will not be granted free agency, nor a $10 million payout. Jul 19, 9:49 PM

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning

Drew Brees twitter:All media claims about me wanting a personal reward for this deal are false. I hope you all know me better than that

VJax twitter: Preciate the support guys! Can't believe all u read or see in media. I have made no demands, I wanna play ball like the rest of my peers!

Peyton leaving the Colts is about as believable as Clemens never using roids or Pauly Shore winning an Oscar.

Might be the best regular season quarterback ever, but not the best idea for him to come here. He's staying in Indy, as he should. Even trying to bring him in would be a step in the opposite direction towards our rebuild.

Hypothetically, even if Peyton were a free agent at this point in his career, this would be the wrong place for him to go.

He'd need to go to a team that has plenty of offensive talent, and is really only missing a QB to be a member of the elite teams. Teams like Arizona, Minnesota, Miami and San Francisco come to mind instantly.

If that did happen though, that Colts team would fall apart. Everything, and I mean everything, in that organization is tied to Peyton. The style of defense, the coaching staff, the offense.

Wow, how is this ever even asked? Maybe in another 6 years we'll be in the running to sign Peyton, but he's a long way from being done in Indy. You NEVER let go of a franchise qb unless you have a damn good one on the bench, can anyone even name Indy's #2 qb? I bet most indy fans can't even do that.

Wow, how is this ever even asked? Maybe in another 6 years we'll be in the running to sign Peyton, but he's a long way from being done in Indy. You NEVER let go of a franchise qb unless you have a damn good one on the bench, can anyone even name Indy's #2 qb? I bet most indy fans can't even do that.

Curtis Painter.

And Peyton is 35....I really hope the Skins don't sign him in another 6 years. But your point stands, Indy has built their entire team around him, so if he ever hits the market, it's a safe bet he's done.

Archived