Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Slow Decline of FedEx. Dangerous Thug Fans?

milellie111

I don't see any mention of Fighting in the Nascar story you posted.

I suggest you actually GO to a race before spewing any further ignorance on the subject.

Your question is also geared to an unrealistic end. Of course the answer is always going to be yes when asked if there are fights, drugs et al in crowds over 64k...............the important question is FREQUENCY.

And if posed in that manner, Nascar is the hands down solution to the problem of finding a family-friendly event involving over 64k people.

Have you ever been to a race?

Disorderly conduct is given to a lot of people that get in fights. I normally see 3, or 4 fights a year at FedEx. I know there are many more fights than that, but that is what I see. I have been simply making a point that I do not think that the fighting at FedEx any different compared to other sporting, or concert events of the same scope in the US.

And no, I have never been to a NASCAR race. I am not a hater, I am just not that into it. I heard they are a lot of fun though, and I would be willing to "take my chances" even if 30 out of 100,000 people get arrested. LOL

Do you get to meet other fans from different parts of the country in your driveway prior to the game? Does your lawn have the smell of 1000's of grills cooking a variety of meats for a few hours prior to the game? Do you get to high five complete strangers with a common interest as you do after touchdowns? Do you get to watch the band on TV prior to the game, and at half time? What kind of live music do you have playing in the Club Level of your mancave after the game?

The reports of fights on this post are entirely overrated. The game day experience is not. I understand that going to a game is a day long investment but I believe that it is worth it.

There are also benefits of watching it from home rather than going to the stadium:

Do you have to deal with an unorganized traffic mess for hours? No

Do you have to deal with puking loud obnoxious fans spilling beer all over the place? No

Do you have a risk of getting into a fight with some "thug" screaming vulgarities? No

Do you get hosed for $8 beer by Snyder & Co.? No

There are also benefits of watching it from home rather than going to the stadium:

Do you have to deal with puking loud obnoxious fans spilling beer all over the place? No

Do you have a risk of getting into a fight with some "thug" screaming vulgarities? No

I like your way of thinking, and this is pretty much what I do. I may go to 1 game a year tops, but that's about all I can handle.

the only thing i have to deal with is the vulgarities point.

and i go to pretty much every game.

i choose not to buy beer in the stadium, thats just me. pretty much everything else on your list has to do with having a little bit of intelligence, or not.

..... i choose not to buy beer in the stadium, thats just me....

Not just you man. I steadfastly refuse to pay for food and drink within a stadium. Paying extortionate refreshment prices on top of the cost of tickets these days is not my idea of fun. Ball clubs get enough out of me without swelling their profits further.

Hail.

Not just you man. I steadfastly refuse to pay for food and drink within a stadium. Paying extortionate refreshment prices on top of the cost of tickets these days is not my idea of fun. Ball clubs get enough out of me without swelling their profits further.

Hail.

right. i don't even drink in the parking lot anymore since i'm the driver these days. and honestly, it just detracts from the experience (but maybe I just have a problem with alcohol :) )

i stick by my opinion that the experience at fedex is what you make of it. i typically find the people who ***** the most are the ones that don't even go the stadium; or if they do, they go to one game a year.

I never wait around in traffic. I get to the stadium around 9:30, and leave around 5:30 (60-90 minutes after the game).

I have this thing called a washer that gets beer smell out of clothes on rare occasions when I spill beer on my self or somebody spills it on me. It also works with things like ketchup and mustard as well. Its amazing. I have never had to do business, or attend a wedding on my way home from FedEx Field so this is really a non-issue.

I've been to over 80 games at FedEx and have never been in a fight, or even tempted to be.

Yeah, the beer prices are a high, but its not like they give away beer at other NFL stadiums.

I never wait around in traffic. I get to the stadium around 9:30, and leave around 5:30 (60-90 minutes after the game).

I have this thing called a washer that gets beer smell out of clothes on rare occasions when I spill beer on my self or somebody spills it on me. It also works with things like ketchup and mustard as well. Its amazing. I have never had to do business, or attend a wedding on my way home from FedEx Field so this is really a non-issue.

I've been to over 80 games at FedEx and have never been in a fight, or even tempted to be.

Yeah, the beer prices are a high, but its not like they give away beer at other NFL stadiums.

So, you are still impacted by the traffic since you are at the stadium for 8 hours to watch a 3.5 hour game. To me, I enjoy my entire football Sunday too much to want to spend the entire day at FedEx Field. I go to one game per year (maybe) and get more than my fill of "the experience" in that one game.

For me the pros of attending a game far outweigh the cons. I can’t think of anything about the entire experience that would keep me home. It’s just not the same.

Well said. It's a sense of community.

I wonder how many of these fans hopped on in '91 and just expect everything to be like that...

Start making people accountable for their seats if they sell them to someone that acts like this they lose the seats.

thats a real simple solution until you factor in that the redskins promote stubhub as a way to sell tickets.

so what do you to to the guy who sells tickets to a game he/she can't make, using the team's official means of selling the ticket?

not everyone is a friend/family member of the person in the seat.

(FYI - what you propose is already the rules. they just very rarely enforce it)

No, but it's not a bad walk. Less than a mile door-to-door.

Yeah, if you are asking then you've obviously done the walk....that shuttle would do more harm then good.

You could always get into one of the Escalades (by the town houses) with the gang banger homies that offer to drive you up to the stadium gates for $10.

It's good for you though, that walk isn't bad, and it'll give you a good idea of how many away fans will be showing up (which hopefully overtime becomes a thing of the past).

it has nothing to do with alcohol sales at the stadium. The location of the stadium is the problem. We get more white trash from PG and the surrounding buroughs. The old stadium was small enough where tickets were considered a right of passage. This monstrosity allowed any ******* from the sticks to buy tickets.

I can't comment on whether it's a decline at FedEx in particular or at all sporting events in general, but I will say that when I was at FedEx two years ago for the Skins-Chiefs game, the guys in front of us were downright nasty. They were nasty towards our own players, nasty towards Vinny (which I get, but c'mon, they went overboard), and especially nasty towards Chiefs fans. I can safely say that those goons and their girlfriends, who did nothing to try to calm them down, made it an unpleasant experience for us.

I have been to around 20 Redskins games at Fedex and out of those 20 I have never had to throw hands, but I have definetly been in a situation were it could have happend had cooler heads not prevailed.

Im 50/50 on going to games, I love going to the stadium but I also like to watch all of the other games as well. While fighting and some of the fans keep me away from the stadium the biggest thing is the on feild product. I choose nto to go to a game because out of the 20 games I have been to I have only seen them win 4 times....and no I did not jump on in 91....been a fan since I was a kid....I had a Theisman shirt when I was 5, I even had a Brad Johnson, Gus Ferrotte, and Patrick Ramsey Jersey so I do nto expect every year to be a superbowl but I am not going to waste my money for a product that is not worth it, I wouldnt do it for any other business so I wont do it for football. For the first time in about 5 years I went to zero games....I might go to one this year but it will have to be a game that I feel we can win, and a good deal on tickets.

Im just glad football is back and I am looking foward to the season no matter how bad it is.

HAIL

The most annoying this to me at the games is the fact that everyone around me is sitting there chitchatting while the oposing teams defense is on the field instead of making noise. This never happened at rfk, the whole place would rock, at fed ex, seems like the the goody too-shoos have taken over. And where have you been lately that jackasses dont show up? Clubs, restaurants, fairs, ect.. all have jackasses getting too drunk and getting into fights.

The most annoying this to me at the games is the fact that everyone around me is sitting there chitchatting while the oposing teams defense is on the field instead of making noise. This never happened at rfk, the whole place would rock, at fed ex, seems like the the goody too-shoos have taken over. And where have you been lately that jackasses dont show up? Clubs, restaurants, fairs, ect.. all have jackasses getting too drunk and getting into fights.

did you just say that you want people to make noise while our offense is on the field? i don't quite understand... and as for the latter half of your post, are you just saying that you hate going out in public? if not, have you ever considered that maybe the 'type' of places you are choosing to go affects your experience. if i can't stand biker crowds i'm smart enough to stay away from biker bars.

did you just say that you want people to make noise while our offense is on the field? i don't quite understand... and as for the latter half of your post, are you just saying that you hate going out in public? if not, have you ever considered that maybe the 'type' of places you are choosing to go affects your experience. if i can't stand biker crowds i'm smart enough to stay away from biker bars.
Read that first half again and I think he's trying to say that those type of crowds don't belong at a football game.

Read that first half again and I think he's trying to say that those type of crowds don't belong at a football game.

he's saying that our fans should be making noise while the OPPOSING team's defense is on the field... that means our offense is on the field. last time i checked you don't usually want to be loud when your signal caller is trying to do his thing. read it again.

i'll be making noise when MY defense is on the field.

he's saying that our fans should be making noise while the OPPOSING team's defense is on the field... that means our offense is on the field. last time i checked you don't usually want to be loud when your signal caller is trying to do his thing. read it again.

i'll be making noise when MY defense is on the field.

I stand corrected.

Archived