Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WSJ:No Kids Allowed: A Restaurant Bans Young Diners

DieselPwr44

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/07/14/no-kids-allowed-a-restaurant-bans-young-diners/

McDain’s Restaurant and Golf Center in Monroeville, Pennsylvania has a rule we find intriguing: children under the age of 6 are not allowed.

Mike Vuick, the owner of the restaurant, imposed the ban because he found that children were disrupting his other customers’ meals, WSJ reports.

Thoughts?

I'm not oppsed to it. Alot of people probably appreciate knowing they can go somewhere and not be disturbed during their meal. There are some groups I have seen on the news about this boycotting this place. Why not just go somewhere else if you feel this owner does not appreciate YOUR business?

I'm not oppsed to it. Alot of people probably appreciate knowing they can go somewhere and not be disturbed during their meal. There are some groups I have seen on the news about this boycotting this place. Why not just go somewhere else if you feel this owner does not appreciate YOUR business?
A lot of restaurants have already been taking this wonderful leap, towards not welcoming peoples annoying kids.
Good for the owner.
I doubt there will be many complaints.
wish they were closer

So with those responses, let me ask this question:

Then why isn't it ok for the owner of a resturant to advertise that his restaurant is smoker friendly and let the people decide whether or not to patronize his business?

Then why isn't it ok for the owner of a resturant to advertise that his restaurant is smoker friendly and let the people decide whether or not to patronize his business?

don't several states outlaw smoking inside food establishments now? i guess that would answer that question. it's outlawed.

It should be (and also that it's NON-smoking).

Because some ***** of a waitress sued her employer in NYC for "making" her work in unsafe conditions and it spread. Now, an overreaching government tells business owners they are not allowed to do certain things, inside of a property they own, even if they hang signs to let you know what you're getting yourself into, by entering.

Luckily, PA allows you to apply for a permit if your food sales are under 20% of your gross sales, like the place I work. Now, we have posted that nobody under 18 is allowed inside ever. Should be 21, because we're a live music venue and a bar, not a kiddy club, but I'll take it.

Beats me. I'm not a smoker, but I was all kinds of pissed off when North Carolina banned smoking from restaurants.

Non-smokers are among the biggest pains in the ass in the world and I'm ashamed to be a part of them sometimes.

Beats me. I'm not a smoker, but I was all kinds of pissed off when North Carolina banned smoking from restaurants.

Non-smokers are among the biggest pains in the ass in the world and I'm ashamed to be a part of them sometimes.

As opposed to smokers who help spread the gift of cancer?

I work security, and trust me, there are some smokers who are AWESOME people. There are non smokers who are AWESOME people. There are smokers and non smokers that are complete douchebags. Let's skip the stereotypes.

I work security, and trust me, there are some smokers who are AWESOME people. There are non smokers who are AWESOME people. There are smokers and non smokers that are complete douchebags. Let's skip the stereotypes.

I was thinking the same thing.

When people are thinking of having kids, they should weigh the fact that they will only be welcome to bring their kids to places like the ****ty Olive Garden for the next 18 years, unless they can dump them on a relative. Maybe that'll be a deterrent. Damn breeders.

Don't take it so personally. I made it clear I'm a non-smoker myself and I'm well aware not ALL non-smokers are dogmatic, preachy, overbearing meddlers.

I'm Exhibit A.

Don't take it so personally. I made it clear I'm a non-smoker myself and I'm well aware not ALL non-smokers are dogmatic, preachy, overbearing meddlers.

I'm Exhibit A.

I didn't take it personally. I took it as a silly thing to say.

As others have said, it should be.

Archived