Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking Bad: Season 4

StillUnknown

Good find on the name of the plant. I looked under images for poison houseplants and I couldn't find it. That seals it for me, Brock got the plant. I still can't wait to find out how Gus is able to figure some things out but I don't think the glasses are bugged, maybe a GPS chip (those are in vogue on the show) but not voice. Gus didn't respond how he would have if he had heard Walt on the rooftop he reacted more like he just knew that Walt was out there.

I understand the plant theory but the problem with the theory HOW did he get it to Brock?

I think what happened was Walt got Saul to help him with the plan (remember there was a full day where Walt was unaccounted for by the rest of the cast, and by viewers).. I don't think Saul would have helped if it was going to kill Brock, so Walt assured Saul that Brock would be fine.

I believe that when Jesse was searched at Sauls office, dude took the old pack and replaced it with a dummy pack.. The cig is now in Walt's posession.

What makes me think that Skyler will eventually smoke the ricin cigarette is just after it shows her asking the DEA agent or whatever for a cig and began smoking it, the scene went right to Jesse (flipping his lighter in his hand, maybe a reference to slight of hand?) when he gets a call that Brock is sick.

Of course I could be looking way into it and I'm way off base.. But the fact that the show can leave the possibility there is what makes this show great.

I think what happened was Walt got Saul to help him with the plan (remember there was a full day where Walt was unaccounted for by the rest of the cast, and by viewers).. I don't think Saul would have helped if it was going to kill Brock, so Walt assured Saul that Brock would be fine.

I believe that when Jesse was searched at Sauls office, dude took the old pack and replaced it with a dummy pack.. The cig is now in Walt's posession.What makes me think that Skyler will eventually smoke the ricin cigarette is just after it shows her asking the DEA agent or whatever for a cig and began smoking it, the scene went right to Jesse (flipping his lighter in his hand, maybe a reference to slight of hand?) when he gets a call that Brock is sick.

Of course I could be looking way into it and I'm way off base.. But the fact that the show can leave the possibility there is what makes this show great.

Makes a lot of sense....

I also think you may be on to something w. the Skylar/Jesse thing as well

As we have seen with the Ted fiasco, and his general lack of attentiveness while sleeping in Sauls office, Huell is not the slickest, or most professional bodyguard/enforcer around. Now I am supposed to believe that he is a master of slight of hand? Cmon.

It takes some massive mental gymnastics for one to think that in at most, what, 6 hours, Walt could put this incredibly complex ruse together, with the lynchpin of the plan being the heretofore comical Huell pulling off a ridiculous slight of hand (how does he even know what pocket the cigs are in?) in a split second. Walt, the most anal person alive, is going to rely on one of Sauls lackeys to pull off his massive power grab which his life depends on??? That would be completely counter to everything we know about Walt.

Sorry, no, I don't buy it

The biggest problem with the "Walt poisoned Brock" theory is how the ricin was removed from Jesse's cigs. The least plausible scenario is Walt, working in cahoots with Saul and Huell, removed it. It is far more likely Gus via Tyrus or Brock himself, took it.

As we have seen with the Ted fiasco, and his general lack of attentiveness while sleeping in Sauls office, Huell is not the slickest, or most professional bodyguard/enforcer around. Now I am supposed to believe that he is a master of slight of hand? Cmon.

It takes some massive mental gymnastics for one to think that in at most, what, 6 hours, Walt could put this incredibly complex ruse together, with the lynchpin of the plan being the heretofore comical Huell pulling off a ridiculous slight of hand (how does he even know what pocket the cigs are in?) in a split second. Walt, the most anal person alive, is going to rely on one of Sauls lackeys to pull off his massive power grab which his life depends on??? That would be completely counter to everything we know about Walt.

Sorry, no, I don't buy it

I don't see why it's hard to imagine this being a possibility... Yes, for the most part he has been comical relief but who's to say that growing up he didn't learn how to pick pocket or something?? It's a t.v. show, I'm pretty sure anything is possible... You have to admit though that there are at least quite a few clues pointing to it being a possibility.

As for how he would know which pocket it was in.. I'm sure Walt has been around Jesse enough to have noticed where he keeps his cigarettes.

I didn't say it was impossible, I just said it was unlikely.

Look, it's possible that ANYONE could have poisoned Brock. And if you look hard enough, I'm sure you can find plenty of "clues" to support any theory. But based on what we know about the show, its characters, and their personalities for several years, this particular scenerio requires a larger suspension of disbelief than we are accustom to in this show. And that is a departure that just seems incongurous for Gilligan.

You know whats a possible scenerio and a huge fake out? Brock is just plain sick, and it has nothing to do with the ricin. Considering Jesse has been walking around with poison to kill Gus for weeks now, and has had multiple heated convos with Walt about "doing it", Gus could easily have found out about the cig (I think we can assume safely that somewhere, some how, Walt, Jesse, or both are bugged) and had Tyrus remove it at any time while Jesse was working in the lab, simply to remove a threat. In turn, Jesse's off conversation to Gus in the hospital about Brock being poisoned would signal to Gus that Jesse has discovered the ricin is missing, leading him to the conclusion that Walt/Jesse might be setting him up in the parking lot some how, causing him to pause as he is walking to his car and figure out the best course of action.

Theres a scenerio that requires no cloak and dagger from Huell, no spidey sense from Gus - just a mental chess match that is going to lead to the showdown in the finale (Face Off).

First minute of Sunday's finale "Face Off": http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/hitfix-first-look-walt-cleans-up-a-mess-on-sundays-breaking-bad-finale

No spoilers, does not change interpretation of ending of "End Times" either.

One more item I was thinking about - this is a show about Mr. Chips becoming Scarface, right? I have discussed my thoughts about that as well previously in this thread here, so I certainly agree. However, that has been an oft cited refrain by the Walt-poisoned-Brock conspirists, as a rational of why Walt would break form and poison/harm a child.

However, let's remember that Gilligan specifically described it as so - Walt is going to eventually become Scarface - and that not even Scarface would harm kids.

---------- Post added October-6th-2011 at 10:19 AM ----------

Let me emphasize, that despite being the most convulted explanation, I certainly don't discount the possiblity of Walt poisoning Brock. I just think it is the most disappointing outcome, for a show that up until now has been so well written and thought out.

This would seem like the shark moment for me, should Gilligan try and cram this scenerio down our throats.

This would seem like the shark moment for me, should Gilligan try and cram this scenerio down our throats.

I think it would be a pretty cool twist.. I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree.. I think we can both agree that we will be in front of the screen waiting anxiously for the answer.. That will be definitely be me anyway.

I didn't say it was impossible, I just said it was unlikely.

Look, it's possible that ANYONE could have poisoned Brock. And if you look hard enough, I'm sure you can find plenty of "clues" to support any theory. But based on what we know about the show, its characters, and their personalities for several years, this particular scenerio requires a larger suspension of disbelief than we are accustom to in this show. And that is a departure that just seems incongurous for Gilligan.

Season 2 Episode 13: ABQ

Woah....

I really wasn't ready to see Gus go. Easily one of the greatest characters ever to be on television.

We all pretty much figured out that Walt poisoned the boy... but I STILL can't figure out how he got to the kid. Would love to hear a good theory on that one.

Season 5 will be very interesting.

How will either of them make money now?

Will they even stick with meth?

What about Mike down in Mexico? I wonder how he'll be part of the new season.

I wonder if Hank will ever crack this case...

Just finished watching the finale and i was "blown away" as usual...

My only negative was that I thought the Gus death was overdone. I would expect that kind of exit in a Hollywood action movie like The Expendables or something, but it just seemed over the top and ridiculous for this show. Part of me just doesn't want to believe it's possible to have half your face blown off and still be semi-conscious for a few moments though. I do appreciate the scene and how Gus "adjusted himself" as we have come accustomed to though.

My theory on season 5: It's gotta be Hank Vs Walt, and then Jesse is gonna get caught in the crossfire. We now know that Walt will manipulate Jesse when he needs, but will he do anything worse to him? I have a feeling we will find out. The "Hank vs Walt" storyline is really the only major and juicy plot-line they have left. I guess they could go in a completely different direction though.

damn, I still can't believe Walt poisoned Brock. It's part of his descent at least. I'm wondering how he made sure the poison was delivered, but it was a very clever plan, same with how they blew up Gus. I'm guessing because the poison was never actually deadly that it's Walt's justification for his actions, but I feel Jesse is going to piece it together eventually. I too am wondering what will happen with Mike.

!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added October-9th-2011 at 11:06 PM ----------

Wow. I still don't buy the logistics of the poisoning, but damn.

I won.

Check out the link that StillUnknown posted....GREAT insight.

*Remember the pink bear (with half it's face missing) from season 3? Foreshadowing....WOW.

Archived