Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking Bad: Season 4

StillUnknown

The finale was great, but I was a little disappointed that the "twist" wasn't more shocking. It was pretty obvious to me that Walt had poisoned Brock at the beginning of last episode. I was hoping that Gilligan would have a fit mind-blowing cliff hanger. Regardless, it was a tremendous season & I can't wait for the finale 16 episodes.

Also, was anyone confused as to why Gus didn't have Tyrus do a second sweep of Salamanca's room & wheelchair??

damn, I still can't believe Walt poisoned Brock. It's part of his descent at least. I'm wondering how he made sure the poison was delivered, but it was a very clever plan, same with how they blew up Gus. I'm guessing because the poison was never actually deadly that it's Walt's justification for his actions, but I feel Jesse is going to piece it together eventually. I too am wondering what will happen with Mike.

I think we can assume that Saul delivered the poison when dropping off an envelope full of money.

When season 5 gets up and running... I think Mike is going to open Jesse's eyes up to what is really going on with Walt. I don't really have a solid theory to present but I do believe that they have a strong bond. Furthermore, Mike always told him he was loyal to the wrong team.

Also' date=' was anyone confused as to why Gus didn't have Tyrus do a second sweep of Salamanca's room & wheelchair??[/quote']

IMO, that whole scene and situation was just the only flaw in Gus' character. This was the one situation where his ego got the best of him and he threw caution to the wind. We have seen how careful he is so many times, including avoiding the car bomb recently. However, this time he was anything but and it proved to be fatal. Just how i look at it.

Something random I was just thinking about:

When Walt tells Skylar, "I won." What exactly did he win? The whole lab is destroyed/drug ring is destroyed. Walt did not win the "kingpin" fight. If anything, that's far from over. I'm sure Mike will have something to say come next season.

I think Walt won the "Manipulation of Jesse." Both Gus and Walt were trying to get Jesse on their side. For whatever reason, Jesse, the drug addicted screw up, was the glue. If one of them could get Jesse to want the other dead, then it would happen. They both trusted and manipulated Jesse. Walt just "won" the battle for Jesse's allegiance... by manipulating him.

In the end, I think Jesse is going to kill Walt.

To expand on the "win", Gus' territory no longer has a boos or don considering Gus is dead. I bring this up b/c if Gus has a territory then there are other territories. Now there's a power vacuum or at the least, a large area free for the taking. I believe that this plot point will be settled with Mike as the ref, perhaps.

In season 2, Jesse questioned why Walt was making $90+ million worth of meth for just $3 million a month. Additionally, Gus has always been very protective of his territory and I find it hard to believe that he was making $90million worth of meth for just his territory. I believe Gus was supplying other territories. I also believe that those bosses are probably very pissed that Gus is dead and their supply chain is gone. Like "$90million pissed".

Another possible "I won" scenario

From Grantland: http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/35192/breaking-bad-finale-recap-plants-and-animals

When he tells Skyler, “I won,” that’s Heisenberg declaring victory over Walt, not Walt declaring victory over Gus. Here’s hoping the whole thing ends with a one-man fistfight in a parking garage.

So Gus left while fixing his tie......but we learned tonight he used clip on ties....so what is there to adjust???

I think the clip-on might be just for Los Pollos. I think its probably the norm to use a clip-on when around machinery and the sorts so that if it gets caught, it comes right off instead of pulling you in.

I think it will be the other way around. The series has to end with Walt broke and alone. In the end, it's going to be the cancer that kills him.

as long as the writers have the balls to actually finish the story and not give us a "sopranos style ending" that only evokes more questions, i'll be fine with whatever it is.

what year was Jessie in Walt's class?

According to this, he's 25, which would make him a Junior/Senior in 2003.

At the end of the episode, when Walt and Jesse are shaking hands, and the camera zooms out to the lower parking lot area, you can hear what sounds like a camera shutter. Some people are saying its a card door slamming. But to me it sounds like a camera shutter.

I never noticed the sound when I watched it, but I remember that shot making me feel that somebody was watching them. After re-watching that scene, it does sound somewhat like a camera, but I too think it's just a car door.

According to this, he's 25, which would make him a Junior/Senior in 2003.

those numbers do seem to match, however looking at the other stuff on the paper, it looks more like a college course list.

The underlined courses are EMGN 3100 and EPT 11TL (which has 0 students enrolled). Did some searching and EPT could stand for the department of Electrical Power Technology. haven't been able to find what EMGN could be.

Not sure what this could mean.

okay i had to DVR the last episode (after watching the entire rest of the season live) to study for an exam and I just watched it last night.

i swear to god i thought Gus walked out of that explosion alive at first. I thought that was a really cool scene how they shot it even if it was a bit over the top/unbelieveable.

i honestly didn't think Walt posioned the kid. i thought that was a good twist at the end and really shows how walt has devolved into the anti-hero.

next season will be intersting especially if Mike comes back healthy. it will ultimately be jesse killing walt or walt killing jesse after hank cracks the case IMO

I think it will be the other way around. The series has to end with Walt broke and alone. In the end, it's going to be the cancer that kills him.

Gilligan has said all along this show is about the transformation of Walt's character from ordinary citizen to Scarface. My guess is that he goes out in Scarface fashion somehow, with guns blazing, total ego trip, defiance galore.

• 2 months later...

I finally got around to watching the fourth season last week.

Good freakin' lord, I love this show!

I kinda think that this has to end with Hank getting too close to figuring it all out, maybe he even actually does. Then Walt has to kill his own brother-in-law (the guy that has consistently reinforced, to Walt and others, that Walt is a meek, helpless, criminally ignorant, wimpy nerd); more vindication and chest-thumping superiority for Walt. The situation results in Walt losing his entire family and all pretense that he's doing all of this for anything other than himself. I'm not quite sure how Jesse and Mike are going to fit into it. Maybe they kind of team up in some way to push Walt out of the business and ruin him financially. I think it has to close with Walt in some crappy hospice care situation; alone, destitute, and dying of cancer. All of it for naught. Because that's just the kind of cheery show this is!

Also, I found this today. It sure made me laugh my ass off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t4Qv2hCprbs

• 2 months later...

Archived