Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GQ.com Top 15 "Worst Sports fans in America" (Cowboys, Raiders, Eagles)

Commander PK

Enjoy :ols:

http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/worst-sports-fans-in-america?mbid=social_mobile_FBshare&t=The+Worst+Sports+Fans+in+America%3A+Lists%3A+GQ#slide=1

12. Dallas Cowboys

Deluded Trash-Talkers

The swaggering diaspora of Dallas fans insufferably mouth off about the invincibility of "America's Team," as if they're rooting for our entire country and not a franchise that has won two playoff games in the past fifteen years. To set the record straight: The nickname came from a 1978 Cowboys highlight reel, not some edict from Uncle Sam. And they've sworn their allegiance to a front-running team that isn't even good enough to run up front anymore.

4. Oakland Raiders

Criminals

Ever since John Madden collected the NFL's most vicious trouble cases into a Super Bowl–winning wrecking crew, the Silver and Black have attracted an unholy fan base of hell-raisers, gangbangers, and inveterate knife-lickers, all of whom firmly believe that skipping town for an away game is well worth the parole violation. (The Raiders' 1999 visit to San Diego resulted in so many midgame stadium fights that even the players on the field turned to watch.) Still, while Raider Nation has a sterling record of glorifying criminality, it must be noted that their long-standing tradition of attending home games dressed in ridiculously elaborate handcrafted costumes is fierce only insofar as that term is used on Project Runway.

2 and 1. Philadelphia Eagles and Philadelphia Phillies

The Meanest Fans in America

Over the years, Philadelphia fans have booed Santa Claus as well as their own star players. They've even booed a guy who just helped the city win a friggin' World Series title—while he was getting his ring. Boooo! Admittedly, there are some things fans have cheered. Like Michael Irvin's career-ending neck injury and a fan being tased on the outfield grass. Things reached their nadir last season, when Citizens Bank Park played host to arguably the most heinous incident in the history of sports: A drunken fan intentionally vomited on an 11-year-old girl. The truth is this: All told, Philadelphia stadiums house the most monstrous collection of humanity outside of the federal penal system. "Some of these people would boo the crack in the Liberty Bell," baseball legend Pete Rose once said. More likely, these savages would have thrown the battery that cracked it.

Also notable that Maryland Basketball and Penn State Football fans make the list.

Congrats to the Eagles for finally coming in first in something!

And you tied for that lol.

---------- Post added July-5th-2011 at 05:48 PM ----------

The LSU pic doesn't make me hate their fans!

No way Red Sox fans are worse than Yankees...they should have been equal!

Red Sox fans are way worse. Yankee fans from my experience actually aren't that bad. BoSox fans have gotten incredibly annoying after their recent WS wins.
Probably from years of abuse from Yankee fans rubbing in all their WS wins.

i knew a 12 year old kid who got beat up in middle school who was an iggles fan who thought sean taylor dying was funny.

i was a middle school basketball coach of the boys who got suspended

Sean Taylor aside, anyone who laughs at anyone dying needs to get checked.

This is just ridiculous. Throwing up on an eleven-year old girl was disgusting, but the most heinous act in sports history??? Just more bandwagon jumping by the media about the evil Philly fans.

Heinous acts in sports by fans? How about a Giants fan getting jumped in Los Angeles and nearly beaten to death? The Mets fan who shot and killed his mother because he was enraged that the Mets lost again? Fans and players fighting in the NBA (Rod Artest incident, anyone?). The numerous times that hockey players and fans have gone at it after fans attacked players on the ice or in the penalty box? The White Sox fan who ran on the field and attacked an umpire? The White Sox father and son combo that attacked a KC coach during a game?

No matter how many times the real story of the Santa Claus incident is told, no one in the media bothers to find the truth and instead brings out the same old garbage. As for the Phillies...players WANT to come to Philly, with a major reason being the fan support players receive here. How much money did Cliff Lee leave on the table of Yankee Nation?

This is just ridiculous. Throwing up on an eleven-year old girl was disgusting, but the most heinous act in sports history??? Just more bandwagon jumping by the media about the evil Philly fans.

Heinous acts in sports by fans? How about a Giants fan getting jumped in Los Angeles and nearly beaten to death? The Mets fan who shot and killed his mother because he was enraged that the Mets lost again? Fans and players fighting in the NBA (Rod Artest incident, anyone?). The numerous times that hockey players and fans have gone at it after fans attacked players on the ice or in the penalty box? The White Sox fan who ran on the field and attacked an umpire? The White Sox father and son combo that attacked a KC coach during a game?

No matter how many times the real story of the Santa Claus incident is told, no one in the media bothers to find the truth and instead brings out the same old garbage. As for the Phillies...players WANT to come to Philly, with a major reason being the fan support players receive here. How much money did Cliff Lee leave on the table of Yankee Nation?

Only an Iggles fan in dumb enough to attempt to defend the repeated horrors Philadelphia fans perpetuate with isolated incidents from other teams. Every team has their retards. However, in Philly's case, they make up 90% of the fanbase.

The only thing they need to add to that is the Yankees just assuming that they will sign everyone, b/c they are the Yankees. Really, they've interjected conversations I've had with other Nats fans about Ryan Zimmerman, Jordan Zimmermann, Stephen Strasburg, and Byrce Harper. Inevitably, I've been interrupted with "Only a matter of time before they play for the Yankees." STFU.

God I love this discussion when it comes to being the worse fans. Since I am only a fan of the Eagles ( though I do support the Phils, I am a die hard Angels fan) - I can speak for what happens at Citizens Park. It is people

like Riggo here that we in PA laugh at. 90% - really that is your scientific estimate of how many Eagle fans act like this? Really? What is this based on? I grew up in Central PA and almost every Eagles fan in that part of PA is NOTHING like he South Jersey/ South Philly people you are talking about that cause these types of opinions.

This is just like when all the ES posters say that ESPN and most analysts don't even watch your games or really analyze your team before making negative statements and predicting last place finishes in the NFCE. Most of you cry foul and say " they just hate us for no reason, just based on last 15 years." Same theory here as we Eagles fan experience.

I see posts every year here that bring up stories after Eagles/Skins games about fights and scumbag Eagles fans treating the guys kids or girlfriends rudely. LMFAO - that happens at EVERY game. I have been to 10 different stadiums ( even San Diego 2 years ago) and saw the same things - Not even all Eagles games. There are scumbags everywhere today - at every event. We just became the team to pick for these types of opinion articles.

I for one don't care what people think of a generalized "Eagles Fan" because i know my friends and I are professional, well mannered fans that hang out with MANY Skins fans during the year at tailgates and watching at home with no issues. Riggo - WE ARE THE 90% - the other 10% Jersey/S.Philly douchbags are what gives us the bad name. Peace.

God I love this discussion when it comes to being the worse fans. ...It is people

like Riggo here that we in PA laugh at.

That's fine, the rest of the people on here laugh at your pathetic rationalizations...

This is just like when all the ES posters say that ESPN and most analysts don't even watch your games or really analyze your team before making negative statements and predicting last place finishes in the NFCE. Most of you cry foul and say " they just hate us for no reason, just based on last 15 years." Same theory here as we Eagles fan experience.

Yeah, there is a reason why the Skins are always picked last. Same reason why Philly fans are known as loud-mouthed psychopaths. Want to know what it is?

I see posts every year here that bring up stories after Eagles/Skins games about fights and scumbag Eagles fans treating the guys kids or girlfriends rudely. LMFAO - that happens at EVERY game. I have been to 10 different stadiums ( even San Diego 2 years ago) and saw the same things - Not even all Eagles games. There are scumbags everywhere today - at every event. We just became the team to pick for these types of opinion articles.

I for one don't care what people think of a generalized "Eagles Fan" because i know my friends and I are professional, well mannered fans that hang out with MANY Skins fans during the year at tailgates and watching at home with no issues. Riggo - WE ARE THE 90% - the other 10% Jersey/S.Philly douchbags are what gives us the bad name. Peace.

The Vet was the 1st stadium to have a jail in it. Wonder why that is. The entire place CHEERED WHEN A MAN BROKE HIS NECK. That's not 10%, and it's not an isolated incident. You may not be an *******. I know many Philly fans that aren't. The majority I have experienced at many, many games are. They are far and away the worst fan base I have ever encountered. No one else behaves as badly on a routine basis. Every fan base has its morons. However Philly has the most. Anything beyond that is akin to Redskins fans rationalizations that they are hated by the media and picked on.

Yeah, there is a reason why the Skins are always picked last. Same reason why Philly fans are known as loud-mouthed psychopaths. Want to know what it is?

You have conceded that your a loser along with your generalized broad stroke picture of the 500,000 or so Eagles fans? Wow

The Vet was the 1st stadium to have a jail in it. Wonder why that is. The entire place CHEERED WHEN A MAN BROKE HIS NECK. That's not 10%, and it's not an isolated incident. You may not be an *******. I know many Philly fans that aren't. The majority I have experienced at many, many games are. They are far and away the worst fan base I have ever encountered. No one else behaves as badly on a routine basis. Every fan base has its morons. However Philly has the most. Anything beyond that is akin to Redskins fans rationalizations that they are hated by the media and picked on.

They cheered ( or so I have read in many articles on this and the Santa incident) for a very brief 10 seconds ( I mean it was Irvin, which I still hate..) that is why they cheered - then when they saw it was serious they stopped and cheered when he left the field. I was at the Titans game when McNabb got hurt and they cheered in the section I was in -- until he left on a stretcher. I guess they are A-hole fans in Tenn. - Nope - just drunk people out having a good time and reacting to a crowd mentality. Again - you can generalize and support the masses or get to really know who you are talking about when stereotyping groups of people that might be different than many years back ( like in the 70's and 80's ) at the Vet. The new Eagles fans are no different than the new Skins fans... except maybe 10-15% like I said before Look to the area and you will find tough rude fans in any major city up North that get a little too load and crazy. Ever been to a Mets/Yanks game -- those people make Eagles fans look lame.

I was at that game, and your assurtion that the entire place cheered is just ignorant nonsense. You told me to STFU? I thought only Eagle fans treated other fanbases with such language...

So, no one else behaves as badly on a routine basis? I have been to 27 different staduims, and the only place that didn't have stupid nonsense going on was Miami. It is people like you that take an inch and run a mile with it. I guess you like your spoon-fed media with a extra helping of the latest dung that ESPN says about Philly.

I was at that game, and your assurtion that the entire place cheered is just ignorant nonsense. You told me to STFU? I thought only Eagle fans treated other fanbases with such language...

So, no one else behaves as badly on a routine basis? I have been to 27 different staduims, and the only place that didn't have stupid nonsense going on was Miami. It is people like you that take an inch and run a mile with it. I guess you like your spoon-fed media with a extra helping of the latest dung that ESPN says about Philly.

Please. I saw the game on TV. The stadium cheered. This just goes to show how incredibly irrational this defense is. Go ahead, blame ESPN and the media for picking on you. You and In the Barrel can comiserate about how misunderstood you are. So misunderstood they needed a jail in the old vet. I bet ESPN had something to do with that too...

I do think it is funny that I and others on the thread even validated an article that came out of GQ!!! If I want advice on what tie goes with what jacket - yes - but when it comes to opinion articles on football I will pass...

And Riggo - over 1/2 of the other stadiums have "jails"/holding tanks in them. Your argument is invalid in pinning that as your "case closed statement "- also the Vet was not the first stadium ( the first NFL team though).. look it up. Philly was the first to have an on-sight judge though - it was to crack down on the infamous 700 level goombahs that were a bunch of drunk blue - collar guys that didn't give an F.

I for one, like that the city takes unruly fans seriously and locks them up right then and there and takes their season tickets away and fines them up to $400. This is why the true atmosphere has changed to just taunting and regular fights - just like at every stadium today...lol

I know they have Alba up there as a Lakers fan, I have 2 problems with this...

1.Isn't she a Golden State Warriors fan? Or was that just cuz Baron Davis and her husband were close?

2. Even if she is a Lakers fan, isn't she from LA? Kinda her home team.

Done.

Archived