Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports car with the best gas mileage?

GOSKINS_08

I finally got a good paying job so I'm going to get my first car on my own..My commute to work is about 30 miles each way so I want a car good on gas but I also want a nice looking car..I want a 2010 camaro or a 2000's Cadillac..But I'm keeping my options open..So does anyone know what sports cars are best on gas?(over 25 mpg)..If not ill just get a civic or something.

I finally got a good paying job so I'm going to get my first car on my own..My commute to work is about 30 miles each way so I want a car good on gas but I also want a nice looking car..I want a 2010 camaro or a 2000's Cadillac..But I'm keeping my options open..So does anyone know what sports cars are best on gas?(over 25 mpg)..If not ill just get a civic or something.

Dude, a Camaro gets terrible gas mileage. Plus they are ugly as all get out. If you're gonna be driving to work at least 60 miles a day, you might as well go ahead and get the Civic. Hondas are great cars. Although I'm not much of a fan of any sports cars (too girly). You're still young, though. You'll grow out of that phase.

---------- Post added June-19th-2011 at 10:54 PM ----------

Torr, He said he wanted a sports car, not a 4 door. Besides, that's a hideous vehicle.

The DC commute can be hell. I used to do Fairfax to Rockville daily that was 27 miles. Get a car that's comfortable, not too cramped. Don't underestimate gas mileage so don't get a sports car. I think you'll regret seeing your new sports car burn up so much of your "good paying job income" in nothing tangible.

New V6 mustangs are better looking than the older ones (not cheap looking), have over 300hp, and get over 30mpg. There is your answer.

No good. Driving that many miles a day, he's gonna put alot of miles on the tires. Tires are very expensive for Mustangs.

---------- Post added June-19th-2011 at 11:08 PM ----------

Bubbles...the v6 Camaro gets about 30 mpg frwy with 312 hp, not shabby

I enjoy my wifes

That's cool and all, but why would you buy a new Camaro and only get a v6? I guess if its your wifes car, I can understand.

That's cool and all, but why would you buy a new Camaro and only get a v6? I guess if its your wifes car, I can understand.

How fast can ya go?

Unless you are seriously drag racing it has plenty of torque and speed....drive one and get back to me.:ols:

Like I said, if its your wife's car then it doesn't matter. Women hardly ever go over the speed limit.:)

300 hp is 300 hp. Doesn't matter that it comes from a v6 engine. Seems that you aren't paying attention to the conversation or the original question asked. OP wants a sports car with good gas mileage. And so far your only real input has been the Honda Civic. You fail.

v6 versions of some of these sports cars provide a decent compromise between performance and gas efficiency.

The Camaro definitely has visibility issues,but long as ya know how to use mirrors it ain't bad

Besides the issues are to the rear....where ya will find the Mustangs:nana:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/10q2/2011_ford_mustang_v6_vs._2010_chevrolet_camaro_rs-comparison_tests

results:silly:

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/original/application/bdf440d7fb28ebdc72a9e3103410c9b5.pdf

Nissan 370z. 26 highway.

Before you buy anything else, at least drive one. I promise you won't regret it.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-370z.html

Funny you should mention that, just saw this report last week. 370 is pretty much the same just a slightly larger engine (3.7 instead of 3.5)

Not sure exactly what that means but just thought I'd throw it out there. The gas mileage will not be very impressive with this car. 25-26 is about where you will top out and high teens should be expected in city driving.

Good choices on both, I'm biased towards the GTI but it's a really nice car. No car will match the comfort, fit and finish, interior quality, ect at the price range and it handles beautifully and has a solid 200hp turbo 4 that will get you 30+ mpg on the highway. It's available with a 6 speed manual or a 6 speed dual clutch automated manual (DSG). A simple chip tune from a company like APR will increase power from 200hp and 207 ft/lb to about 240-250 hp and 280-290 ft/lb :) [url=]http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_trans.html

If you want to wait a little while there's a GTI R version coming out with a 6 speed manual, AWD and a 270 hp version of the 2.0 turbo. There's also a GLI version of the new Jetta coming soon with essentially the same specs and running gear of the FWD GTI.

If fuel economy is your biggest concern the 140 hp 240 ft/lb TDI is available as a Golf, Jetta or Passat (coming in a couple months) with a 6 speed manual or 6 speed DSG that's rated for 43 mpg highway, low 30s city. Many people see up to 50 mpg highway out of these things and they dispell any preconceived notions you have about noisy, smokey, clanky diesels.

Like I said, if its your wife's car then it doesn't matter. Women hardly ever go over the speed limit.:)

Just about every thread I click on nowadays it is a good bet that Bubble Screen is commenting with a worthless and unhelpful opinion. Worst part is, it isn't even interesting. Just noise.

Do us all a favor, read more, post less. That's not a suggestion, either.

Just about every thread I click on nowadays it is a good bet that Bubble Screen is commenting with a worthless and unhelpful opinion. Worst part is, it isn't even interesting. Just noise.

Do us all a favor, read more, post less. That's not a suggestion, either.

I'm going to have to second this notion. He appears to believe he's an expert in all things and caution should be used when choosing to apply value to his opinions.

Archived