• Under 40 - Sofia Vergera
    • Under 40 - Jeisa Chiminazzo
    • Over 40 - Catherine Zeta-Jones
    • Over 40 - Naomi Watts
    • Olympic - Romy Tarangul
    • Olympic - Alona Bondarenko
    • Reality Star - Katherine McPhee
    • Reality Star - Mallory Snyder

Championships are delivered by big men. Guards/scoring forwards are simply the finishing pieces.

Don't forget great shooting guards. Kobe and Jordan certainly played significant roles in their titles.

Seems like champions need a good 2 or 3 and a good 4 or 5. Once you have that mix you need role players and a good system that stresses defense.

I think it comes down to a few factors (championship basketball team that is) In the modern era you seem to need a wing who can give you 20+ per night, good team defense with a great backbone to your D, and a player with the killer instinct, also need a robin to your batman....so may factors.

at least we have John Wall...that is definitely one of the pieces to the puzzle....we need role players that play great defense and a legit #1 scoring option

Championships are delivered by big men. Guards/scoring forwards are simply the finishing pieces.

couldn't disagree more....we definitely wont be seeing your recipe of champion this year....it is either going to be scoring/defending wings (LBJ, DWade) or a scoring forward with three point shooting supporting caste (dirk and the mavs)

Don't forget great shooting guards. Kobe and Jordan certainly played significant roles in their titles.

Jordan definitely. Kobe's first three, Shaq gets bulk of the credit. His last two were definitely him, but this year proved that a ****ty Pau Gasol means no title. Ultimately, the big men become the deciding factor.

The Bulls will/are going to regret Boozer. Imagine Amare on the Bulls. He's as pathetic as Boozer defensively but infinitely more dominant on offense.

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 11:52 PM ----------

couldn't disagree more....we definitely wont be seeing your recipe of champion this year....it is either going to be scoring/defending wings (LBJ, DWade) or a scoring forward with three point shooting supporting caste (dirk and the mavs)

Dirk is a big man ... only if Miami wins, you won't see this happen. But Dirk absolutely qualifies as a big man.

Someone needs to free Dwight Howard from the Magic. The best center in the league needs to be involved with a relevant contender in the post season.

I say the Wizards should be burdened with this task.

I agree 100%......wizards trade AOL and Andray Blatche to the Magic for Dwight Howard and a ham sammich

My cousin and I were talking about which all time players we would want most to build with for today's game. We talked about which active players we'd want most too. My vote was originally for Hakeem or Robinson until I thought about it some more. Is there room for a true center any more? If you're picking an all time 5 it's got to be either Hakeem or Robinson right? They're going to have to run and leap.

I honestly think John Stockton and Karl Malone would be even more devastating today than they were in the 90's. How about we do one better than Stockton and go Isiah Thomas + Malone? Or Thomas + Duncan/Garnett?

I also wouldn't rule out building with Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp. Remember, you're taking away the handchecking and getting a lot stricter with the fouls. In today's game I think they beat the Bulls.

I think the two most valuable positions in today's NBA are super fast facilitating PG that also has the ability to create off the dribble and the PF that can run the floor, shoot, block shots, finish, and score of the dribble.

Basically John Wall and Blake Griffin on the offensive end.

If I'm building a team from scratch with active players and you gave me two to pick, those are probably the two I would want. If I couldn't have them I would want Wall and Howard or Durant. Howard would be the choice if he were younger because of the defense and rebounding but he doesn't give me the offensive options Durant and Griffin do.

This is an era where the speedy big is more valuable than ever. Probably the most valuable position you can have.

If Chris Bosh had a killer instinct and will to dominate he could be one of the top 5 players in the league.

My cousin and I were talking about which all time players we would want most to build with for today's game. We talked about which active players we'd want most too. My vote was originally for Hakeem or Robinson until I thought about it some more. Is there room for a true center any more? If you're picking an all time 5 it's got to be either Hakeem or Robinson right? They're going to have to run and leap.

I honestly think John Stockton and Karl Malone would be even more devastating today than they were in the 90's. How about we do one better than Stockton and go Isiah Thomas + Malone? Or Thomas + Duncan/Garnett?

I also wouldn't rule out building with Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp. Remember, you're taking away the handchecking and getting a lot stricter with the fouls. In today's game I think they beat the Bulls.

I think the two most valuable positions in today's NBA are super fast facilitating PG that also has the ability to create off the dribble and the PF that can run the floor, shoot, block shots, finish, and score of the dribble.

Basically John Wall and Blake Griffin on the offensive end.

If I'm building a team from scratch with active players and you gave me two to pick, those are probably the two I would want. If I couldn't have them I would want Wall and Howard or Durant. Howard would be the choice if he were younger because of the defense and rebounding but he doesn't give me the offensive options Durant and Griffin do.

This is an era where the speedy big is more valuable than ever. Probably the most valuable position you can have.

If Chris Bosh had a killer instinct and will to dominate he could be one of the top 5 players in the league.

My all time team would be simple:

Kidd

Jordan

Pippen

KG

Bill Russell

Kidd because of his defense and pass first mentality....Jordan is self explanatory.....Pippen is the greatest Robbin of all time....one of the best defensive basketball players ever. KG because he is mean and ugly, Bill Russell edges Hakeem for me because he is the greatest teammate ever....puts the team ahead of himself and will rebound and play lock down D.

Kidd

Jordan

Pippen

KG

Bill Russell

Kidd because of his defense and pass first mentality....Jordan is self explanatory.....Pippen is the greatest Robbin of all time....one of the best defensive basketball players ever. KG because he is mean and ugly, Bill Russell edges Hakeem for me because he is the greatest teammate ever....puts the team ahead of himself and will rebound and play lock down D.

As much as I love Kidd, I would take Stockton if it's just pure PG. But I wouldn't take either on my dream team.

Magic

MJ

Bird

Kareem

Russell

That team kicks your team's ass. ;)

edit: so does this one...

Dirk

Dirk

Dirk

Dirk

Dirk

:D

As much as I love Kidd, I would take Stockton if it's just pure PG. But I wouldn't take either on my dream team.

Magic

MJ

Bird

Kareem

Russell

I took kidd because he is a bigger better defender than Stockton.... definitely wouldn't put Magic on the team because he and Michael's egos would clash....which is why Bird didn't make the cut either.....personalities matter

---------- Post added May-25th-2011 at 12:30 AM ----------

time for my bench: Hakeem, Duncan, Robert Horry, Mark Price, James Posey,

---------- Post added May-25th-2011 at 12:33 AM ----------

Magic

MJ

Bird

Kareem

Russell

no way you get MJ, Bird, and Magic to coexist more than once every 4 years. Your whole team is pretty much scorers besides stockton.....you need role players man

^^^^ i couldnt disagree more with pretty much everything you said. like everything. chris bosh a top 5 player in the league if he had the killer instinct( i guess defense doesnt matter in this league). Hakeem and Robinson the two centers you are choosing from all time or just from texas??? No shaq, kareem. And tim duncan not a center but he is better than karl malone in his sleep. and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise. its simple zero rings with a hof pg and 4 with different players on each team.

also you said blake griffin right now as your big man over dwight. i mean that isnt logical in a dunk contest let alone in an nba game. dwight howard is the defensive player of the year every year and probably will be until he retires. nobody has had the defensive impact he has since rodman. blake griffin is a highlight player right now in his career, he is going to have to improve greatly. you also said dwight doesnt give you enough offense how much easier can an offense get throw it up to him and he dunks like every play they run the offense through him.

also isiah thomas as your pg of all time dude were you joking. that magic guy wasnt any good right?

no talking about mj kobe lbj bird magic kareem shaq in an all time great team are you kidding me.

you said every team needs a pg and a quick big

check the bulls and lakers the past 2 decades see if it that statement is really true.

also one final thing if you were building a great team you would need a shooter to spread the floor, and a big that does the dirty work.

Kidd

Jordan

Pippen

KG

Bill Russell

I'm not sure Pippen is the same player he was then if he has to play by today's rules. I'm also not sure Russell is a center in today's league.

If I got to make a 6 man group this is what I think I'd do:

1 - Magic or Oscar Robertson

2 - Jordan

3 - Bird (I'm playing him here)

4 - Malone or Duncan

5 - Hakeem or Robinson

6 man - Reggie Miller

I'd go with Robertson or Magic for my PG since they could both do it all and have superior length. If you want to count them as forwards instead of guards, then I'll go with Gary Payton or Kidd I guess. Maybe Isiah Thomas. I think Stockton would struggle with today's defensive rules and the quickness at the PG position.

Jordan makes sense as the ultimate 2 but I like Reggie Miller coming in off the bench as a 2/3 in today's game. He was a pretty good defender and basically the best catch and shooter I can ever remember.

I like Bird at the 3 even though it might be fudging to put him there. Again, I like players who can do it all and I've got some sick rebounding if I get him and Magic and Hakeem/Robinson all on the same team.

I like Malone to be my 4 and primary scoring option because he's so athletic and runs the floor so well. The pick and roll is as potent a weapon as it ever was, Malone would be even better today than he was in the 90's. If I couldn't get him, Duncan would be my second choice. Maybe even Dirk. I want scoring here. Duncan makes sense and I get elite defense out of him.

FInally, I thought Hakeem or Robinson made the most sense at the 5 for this team. I don't really need their scoring though. Hell, I could still be awesome with Mutumbo as my center with this team. All three were elite defenders the likes of which haven't been seen for a while at the 5.

magic could coexist with anyone. he played with the all time leading scorer in the nba history. you really think he has a problem passing the ball these statements are just stupid.

and i might be delusional, at least i hope so, i think i saw a james posey refrence in the all time great, c'mon man stop it. i dont care if you are building a bench with role players their are great role players in the history of the nba, but none of them include james posey.

magic could coexist with anyone. he played with the all time leading scorer in the nba history. you really think he has a problem passing the ball these statements are just stupid.

and i might be delusional, at least i hope so, i think i saw a james posey refrence in the all time great, c'mon man stop it. i dont care if you are building a bench with role players their are great role players in the history of the nba, but none of them include james posey.

Kidd is a better defender, less flashy, and just plain out a better option at PG than Magic when considering you have Jordan on the squad. I don't need Magic prancing around all flamboyant on my court or going out and getting HIV during the middle of a playoff run....so before you call my statements stupid...think of the big picture......*******.

And Posey was an ultimate role player in this decade of basketball....ultimate role player....hit threes played great defense...everything you could hope to have in a role player.

---------- Post added May-25th-2011 at 12:51 AM ----------

I'm not sure Pippen is the same player he was then if he has to play by today's rules. I'm also not sure Russell is a center in today's league.

Pippen and Jordan go together like Pees and carrots...like Jenny and Forrest Gump...they must not be separated! Team Chemistry....very important! Russell would be the greatest center of all time no matter what era he played in...not just because he was a physical freak, but because he had a high basketball IQ, would do anything for his teammates, and was a flat out winner. Greatest center ever...hands down...no debates!

6 man - Reggie Miller

GACOLB is choking in his sleep somewhere right now

Wow.

Edit: Magic's the best basketball player I've ever seen.

you must have missed the Jordan era...because he is hands down the greatest basketball player of all time. I'll settle with Magic in a top 5...but not the best....I don't even think Magic is better than Kobe...but that is my personal opinion....I got him probably 4th or 5th.....hard to compare eras

Archived