• Under 40 - Jeisa Chiminazzo
    • Over 40 - Catherine Zeta-Jones
    • Over 40 - Naomi Watts
    • Olympic - Romy Tarangul
    • Olympic - Alona Bondarenko
    • Reality Star - Katherine McPhee
    • Reality Star - Mallory Snyder

The big German will not be stopped!

I went to the watch party at our arena tonight and the place was going nuts. What an epic comeback. For once it's nice to see us on the other side of that kind of game. Mavs still need to win Game 5 so that I don't have to worry about the fact that I will miss a possible Game 6. Please close the door on Wednesday, Mavs.

I can't sleep right now.

Congrats, rp. How can anyone not love this guy? I never thought I'd ever want a Dallas team to win a title. But I do. Dirk definitely rocks.

I forgot I posted that. I would have quoted it if I had remembered. So thanks for doing it for me!

Dirk has been one clutch mofo in the 4th quarter of this series. He and Kidd want a ring so bad.

Yeah, Kidd filled up the stat sheet tonite. Plus he played some sound defense again, and at key times. I want he and Dirk to get their title. They deserve it.

:cheers:

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 02:17 AM ----------

This is the moment when the Thunder realized they were being Dirked.

NS_23MAVSVBDIRKSHOOT4TH_19446485.JPG

Holy crap. What the hell happened last night? I was bone tired and went to sleep with about 6 or 7 minutes left in the fourth and the Thunder up by double digits and firing on all cylinders. Then I wake up this morning and see they lost by seven.

This hurts my head, I'm too groggy and sore to figure this out right now.

Holy crap. What the hell happened last night? I was bone tired and went to sleep with about 6 or 7 minutes left in the fourth and the Thunder up by double digits and firing on all cylinders. Then I wake up this morning and see they lost by seven.

This hurts my head, I'm too groggy and sore to figure this out right now.

All there is to figure out is when James Harden fouled out with a couple of minutes to go, Dallas went on a 13-2 run and tied the game up. Neither Durant or Westbrook could make a play or hit a shot down the stretch to extend the lead in regular time. Once OT came around Dallas had all the momentum and took the game away from OKC.

All there is to figure out is when James Harden fouled out with a couple of minutes to go, Dallas went on a 13-2 run and tied the game up. Neither Durant or Westbrook could make a play or hit a shot down the stretch to extend the lead in regular time. Once OT came around Dallas had all the momentum and took the game away from OKC.

Damn. Something must have happened to facilitate that run though. Dallas was turning it over and giving up offensive rebound after offensive rebound and they looked dead in the water. Durant was hitting 3s too and looked very comfortable.

They must have gone ice cold last night. They are a young team and stuff like this shouldn't be that surprising. But damn, what a collapse. What a finish for the Mavs. I've been pulling for them in the playoffs this year, I wish I'd stayed up to see the end now.

Damn. Something must have happened to facilitate that run though. Dallas was turning it over and giving up offensive rebound after offensive rebound and they looked dead in the water. Durant was hitting 3s too and looked very comfortable.

They must have gone ice cold last night. They are a young team and stuff like this shouldn't be that surprising. But damn, what a collapse. What a finish for the Mavs. I've been pulling for them in the playoffs this year, I wish I'd stayed up to see the end now.

Durant and Westbrook were getting doubled constantly and were forcing up bad shots, like the last second heave Durant put up from about 5-7 feet behind the 3 point line with 2 seconds left when he could have driven the ball a bit to get a better shot. They were settling for bad shots and not moving the ball at all at the end of the game, and Dallas continued to chip away at the lead while OKC continued to show why they aren't ready to win a championship this season, and why they're one of the youngest teams in the league.

I refuse to give anymore blame to Westbrook. I would just be wasting energy on complaining about him.

I will give props two more people for the Mavericks success in the playoffs.

First of all, Avery Johnson. When the Mavs first became a hot team, Don Nelson was running the show. They could score points with the best of them, but they could not stop anybody. In the playoffs, I knew that the Mavericks would always get eliminated early and often. That is until Avery Johnson came. His tough demeanor and his talents help take the Mavericks to the next level. All of a sudden the Mavs was playing with heart on both sides of the ball. Made it to the 2006 Finals and almost won it. They almost won it, and I think because of that, they had a let down and it affected their play on the court. That is how you get eliminated by the eighth seeded Warriors.

Enter Rick Carlisle. This dude is probably one of the most underrated coaches of all-time. To me, it seemed like no matter which team he was coaching, they were winning. He put the Pistons back on the map by coaching them to 50 wins both seasons he was there. Don't know why it was only two season, but Larry Brown sure did swoop in and coach the Pistons to the title. However, that year Carlisle did get the Pacers to win 61 games. Then that stupid fight happened in Detroit and I don't know any coach who could coach a team after that. He left the Pacers and I swear he became one of the best basketball commentators I heard when he was working for ESPN.

Fast forward to today. He has led the Mavs to three 50 win seasons in his first three years and one game away from the Finals. Has built a nice solid foundation around Dirk and has out coached every team he has faced in the playoffs. People want to blame Durant and Westbrook for the lost last night, and rightfully so, but don't discredit Carlisle and the Mavericks.

steve, two things happened last night after the Thunder took a 99-84 lead with under 5 minutes to go.

1) Dirk. The big German scored 12 points in a 17-2 run to end regulation. Collison was playing as good of defense as you probably can. But Dirk hit a wild step back and a crazy one-handed sideways shot that I posted a pic of on the last page. Oh, and then there were the two clutch FTs with 6 seconds left to tie the game for the first time since it was 0-0. And that was after OKC tried to ice him between FTs by deliberately pouring water on the court so that the ball boys would have to spend time mopping it up. And that was after a Thunder player (don't remember who) started squeezing Dirk's hand as he was getting ready to step to the line for the first FT. OKC showing real class. :doh:

2) Marion and Kidd played suffocating defense on Durant and Westbrook. The double teams came at the right time and they stripped and blocked the ball in huge moments. One was to end regulation. Durant was attempting a very long range three with a couple seconds left and Marion blocked it. And then Kidd and Marion teamed up for a critical steal in OT.

The problem i have is that this is the playoffs, and these are really tacky fouls. I hate watching the heat play for this reason alone. Its the same reason i hated watching Cleveland (with Lebron). There were just too many ridiculous foul calls and non calls.

Archived