Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man chooses jail over alimony

LeesburgSkinFan

Wow, yea i wouldn't pay that much money for a kid who isn't mine. Especially if i found out i was cheated on.

he has never missed a child support payment (1300/month), even though the child is not technically his.

what he is refusing to pay is alimony to his wife of 1800/month. i agree with him here. he sounds like a guy who has a good head on his shoulders.

mom needs to get her act together and say "enough is enough". refuse all alimony payments and move on.

Man, throughout that entire article I was thinking to myself what would I do if I were in that situation? It's not the kids fault, and as a dad I know the bond between father and child he had to have some kind of attachment to the kid. Lo and behold the end of the article he admits it doesn't matter if him and the kid share DNA, he knows he's the 'father', he loves the kid, but he doesn't support what the mother did. I'm sure he would love to support the kid by spending time and giving to the kid...just not the kids mom.

Further, he's been there for the child, willingly pays child support for a kid that isn't his, and has this to say in spite of this massive crock of utter bull****:

"I was there throughout the pregnancy. I spoke to him through his mother's belly. I was there the day he was born. And I have been there ever since. I love my son. He will always be my son, and I will always be his father. And I will always take care of him. And I will always pay his mother child support."

If I had the $26,700 to bail him out, I'd do it in a damned heartbeat.

Further, he's been there for the child, willingly pays child support for a kid that isn't his, and has this to say in spite of this massive crock of utter bull****:

"I was there throughout the pregnancy. I spoke to him through his mother's belly. I was there the day he was born. And I have been there ever since. I love my son. He will always be my son, and I will always be his father. And I will always take care of him. And I will always pay his mother child support."

i know right, wasn't there someone on here from florida who was all about setting up some kind of organization to look out for dads/husbands in situations like this?

i know right, wasn't there someone on here from florida who was all about setting up some kind of organization to look out for dads/husbands in situations like this?

Yes, that was my friend Capt. Rich. Unfortunately, start-up capital is a problem for both of us. If we had that, we'd be all over it.

Yes, that was my friend Capt. Rich. Unfortunately, start-up capital is a problem for both of us. If we had that, we'd be all over it.

no kidding right? i bet it's a pretty penny to get it started up and because of the...um...'delicate' situations it involves i bet it means less banks are willing to help too

no kidding right? i bet it's a pretty penny to get it started up and because of the...um...'delicate' situations it involves i bet it means less banks are willing to help too

I haven't gotten to that point. I've dabbled a little bit in a business model, and unfortunately, it just doesn't seem sustainable. Ideally, I'd like to fly around the country paying the legal bills of men (especially low income) fighting divorce/custody/support cases. So the expenditures would be huge, but there's really no revenue source. And frankly, nationally, I don't think there's nearly enough "give a damn" about this issue to be able to rely on charitable donations.

Men like this desperately need a voice though. Desperately. I think I may start working on a rally on the mall or something. It doesn't cost anything (except for the permit and set up) and it might lead to something bigger and better.

---------- Post added May-13th-2011 at 10:44 AM ----------

Capt Rich is in jail? Better than death via hunger strike' date=' I suppose.[/quote']

Not humorous in the slightest.

I haven't gotten to that point. I've dabbled a little bit in a business model, and unfortunately, it just doesn't seem sustainable. Ideally, I'd like to fly around the country paying the legal bills of men (especially low income) fighting divorce/custody/support cases. So the expenditures would be huge, but there's really no revenue source. And frankly, nationally, I don't think there's nearly enough "give a damn" about this issue to be able to rely on charitable donations.

Men like this desperately need a voice though. Desperately. I think I may start working on a rally on the mall or something. It doesn't cost anything (except for the permit and set up) and it might lead to something bigger and better.

A lot of great changes started with something like that.

Not humorous in the slightest.

He rarely is

We need to start a fund. I'm sure we could find 30,000 guys willing to donate a buck to this guy's cause.

This is and will continue to be "legalized theft" by the gov't. It' is by far and away the greatest travesty of "justice" the courts (family courts) perpetrate on it's citizenry. And the absolute idiocy of this is the courts hold the "father" responsible for "child support" but the mother is in no way ever responsible for accounting how that "child support" is spent. Best interest of the children my ASS.

"In the state of West Virginia if your wife gets pregnant and has a child and you find out it is not yours, in West Virginia and 38 other states you can stand in front of a judge and say this is not my child, and unless that woman relinquishes you from child support, you have to pay it," Caroline Keefe said.

Archived