Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Passing on Gabbert - Worth it? (merged)

Truant

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Give me a break you guys. Gabbert hasn't even been given much of a chance yet to write him off already. Quick, name the starting WR's for the Jags! That's right, he has nobody to throw to yet. I hope Jax sticks with him, it only helps our chances in next year's draft.

still early for gabbert, but his pocket presence is pretty awful, and hes terrified of any sort of contact.

if he can somehow work that out and learn how to step into the pocket and not bail at the slightest hint of a rush, he could be pretty good. time will tell though, his receiving corp might be the worst in football as well, which doesnt help him either.

If I was Gabbert's playcaller I would call a designed QB run for him early in the game.

A bootkeep or a zone read keep.

Somewhere in the 1st part of the scripted 15.

Something where he gets to move and run and feel the speed and pace of the game.

I also want him to take a hit early where he can see the hit coming and remember and embrace the physical nature of the game.

There are players/QBs that need a contact 'or a hit' to kinda wake them up and get them in the game.

Jags look like they need DBs instead of a QB.

WRs for SD running wide open.

I don't think Oline is too far out of the question for them, either. False starts galore! Can you tell that Norv is a lame duck coach yet?

** Oops, misread your post. Anyways, the Chargers O-line looks like garbage. I'm surprised Rivers is going to put up over 30 points for me in fantasy this week. Hopefully, he gets on a roll and works his magic for the fantasy playoffs....please....Clawed my way back to the #4 spot in our league within the last 5 weeks.

Jags look like dodo. Gabbert too. Very bustable considered where he was drafted. He's not showing anything. Houston, we have a problem. It's the Jags and Browns for our two coveted guys. RG3 and Barkley. The Colts will beat them as to not go without a win at the end of the year. They look bad. I don' see a win on their schedule.

Jaws WOULD just put it out there for the Jags to consider RG3. Gabbert isn't helping either.

I was thinking the same thing. RGIII is ours, I want him on our roster.

Blaine definitely only reinforced my opinion of him tonight. Cannot be happier how Shanahan played that draft considering what we got out of Jacksonville to move back, then we get a great player in Kerrigan and ultimately what the extra pick netted us. I can't wait to see Jenkins play next year.

Was it in Mike Shanahan's plan to draft a QB in the 1st round. Even if Newton and Locker had been available, Shanahan's intent was to draft on defense. I think the Redskins front office knew what they wanted to do in the first round of the draft, and that was to trade back and get a great pass rushing OLB, in which they got with Ryan Kerrigan.

They already probably had the lousy idea in mind that Beck was going to be the guy, and had every confidence that he would succeed and just proceed on with their draft.

Theyre not going to draft a QB again in the top 10. Its just not going to happen. The GM is staying, Gabbert will get one more year to try. You dont draft a franchise QB and give up after 1 year. He has no weapons to throw to either.

Yeah, but he's not even looking promising. They passed on local boy hero Tebow.

So I wouldn't be so sure. They need buzz and a new coach. Particularly if RG3 is there. Geez, Carolina took Clausen and didn't hesitate to take Cam.

RG3 is clearly a much better prospect than Gabbert. I remember when Bradford came out no one thought St. Louis would take Bradford, then Adam Schefter started tweeting, "They're taking Bradford." I could see the same thing happen. Why? RG3 is going to blow up the combine. Sure it sucks for us. I'm just sayin.

The problem with the Browns is that they have two first round picks to manuever to get Barkley (where there are rumblings they like)

Was it in Mike Shanahan's plan to draft a QB in the 1st round. Even if Newton and Locker had been available, Shanahan's intent was to draft on defense. I think the Redskins front office knew what they wanted to do in the first round of the draft, and that was to trade back and get a great pass rushing OLB, in which they got with Ryan Kerrigan.

They already probably had the lousy idea in mind that Beck was going to be the guy, and had every confidence that he would succeed and just proceed on with their draft.

I believe they would have taken Locker.

Thank God they didn't take Gabbert

I can't remember a QB looking this scared of getting hit in the NFL before. The MNF crew (and some of you) are rightly tearing him up for it. Totally inexcusable for a QB starting in the NFL.

We've had some crap QB play here in Grossman/Campbell, but both of those guys will fearlessly step up into a big hit [to throw a pick] to give their WR's a chance on the ball.

Naw, not if RG3 is there. He's clearly a much better prospect than Gabbert.

Doesn't matter. How many guys were available at #10 and then #16 than were better than what we had on our roster last April? Tons. Doesn't mean we took them. We had a plan to go defense and we did it.

You don't trade UP to get a franchise QB, throw him into the mix with no help on offense, change coaches in mid-season, and then just go get another franchise QB next year when things don't work out.

Especially when the GM who drafted him is still staying. My guess is they'll try to get Blackmon and some other help on offense.

Jax won't go QB. Cleveland might. Miami probably will, but they'll pick after us. If we want RG3, we're gonna get him.

So glad we didn't reach for him. I was actually glad we didn't reach for a QB next year. Even though you have to think they were hoping Dalton fell to the second. But their was such a run on QBs in the draft. Actually Newton, Ponder & Dalton look like pretty good picks so far.

Gabbert looks terrible, but I really really really don't think they take him top 10 in 2011 and then take a QB top 5 (where they'll have to finish to be a threat to us) in 2012. He looks bad, but they could use so much more on offense to give him a chance.

Archived