Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meet your 2011 Washington Redskins Draft Picks

tml6157

we have to replenish this team with talent over the course of several seasons. Our talent @ WR and RB is the worst in the league. Our Dline had makeshift players to fit a 3-4.

with 3 wide out sets and a pass happy league, you can't have too many D-rushers, wide receivers and Cbs in camp. Also the trend is RB by committee.

Don't forget we drafted OT in the first round last year and have young guys in there for solid depth in cook/capers/montgomery and theres a chance mike williams comes back

There is free agency too

Our talent at wide receiver and rb is not the worst in the league,if you don't believe me check out last years stats. While there is alot of room for improvement they did play with a make shift ol and inconsistent qb play last season.This team obviously has holes but is far from the worst team in the league as is often depicted on this sight.

---------- Post added May-1st-2011 at 01:40 AM ----------

My favorite selection is the Hankerson pick also,I really was hoping the Skins would have a shot at him and it worked out perfectly.Hopefully,the Fla. gaurd can play.Lots of competition on the dl is a good thing.

WTF why of all teams did my SMU kid have to be picked by the Skins?! Please cut Aldrick Robinson so he can go to a team I don't hate. :pfft:

Robinson was a teammate of Emmanuel Sanders (drafted by Steelers last year and made an impact the second half of the season). Those two were phenomenal in their time here. I miss them both. Our offense (SMU) is not gonna be as strong.

Aldrick scored a touchdown in each of the team's last eight games of 2010 and in 11 of 14 overall.

WTF why of all teams did my SMU kid have to be picked by the Skins?! Please cut Aldrick Robinson so he can go to a team I don't hate. :pfft:

Robinson was a teammate of Emmanuel Sanders (drafted by Steelers last year and made an impact the second half of the season). Those two were phenomenal in their time here. I miss them both. Our offense (SMU) is not gonna be as strong.

Aldrick scored a touchdown in each of the team's last eight games of 2010 and in 11 of 14 overall.

If they he keeps it up, you won't have to worry about him not being cheered here....

I know people are in love with the Hankerson pick, but I love the first two. When your defense was last in the NFL, you can use as much young blood as you can get.

Hopefully he can score a TD every time we play Dallas.

I'm a huge WVU fan, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but Nield is going to be solid. He's a guy that loves doing the dirty work and works his ass off on the field and in the gym. He doesn't make spectacular plays, but he demands a double team on every snap, at least in college. Was a leader in the locker room, won the 'Iron Mountaineer' as the player that worked the hardest in the offseason, all that kind of stuff. For a 7th round pick, the Skins got a nice value.

Great post!! Your comments are dead on on Nield. He will eventually be a everyday starter for the Washington Redskins.Great pick by the Skins!!

Great post!! Your comments are dead on on Nield. He will eventually be a everyday starter for the Washington Redskins.Great pick by the Skins!!

A lot of people don't realize he was a 3-year starter at NT in a 3-4 defense that was #3 in the NCAA in points allowed last year.

Robinson's cut! (I know this is supposed to wait for training camp, but we might not have it :silly:)

Robinson looks pretty good to me. He competes really well for the ball and has good speed. He will probably make the practice squad this year unless another reciever takes a massive step back.

Evan Royster is gonna be the best RB on our roster. He will be top 10 in the league. Dude reminds me of Terrel Davis. Simply too smooth out there running. He fights for each yards and is so graceful when he runs that he just runs past guys. Very underrated runner behind the another Penn Stater

Robinson looks pretty good to me. He competes really well for the ball and has good speed. He will probably make the practice squad this year unless another reciever takes a massive step back.

Ohhh, I can see how that could be misinterpreted. I actually agree with you. I meant he's "cut", like hes jacked haha, for a small guy.

I'm a huge WVU fan, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but Nield is going to be solid. He's a guy that loves doing the dirty work and works his ass off on the field and in the gym. He doesn't make spectacular plays, but he demands a double team on every snap, at least in college. Was a leader in the locker room, won the 'Iron Mountaineer' as the player that worked the hardest in the offseason, all that kind of stuff. For a 7th round pick, the Skins got a nice value.

I like the potential here of Nield and Jenkins on the line. Two big boy "dirty workers" is just what the Redskins needed on the line. I like both picks, and hope they both pan out as great players.

One thing I will say is we added some serious speed to our offense. Robinson and Helu can fly, and Hankerson posted the same 40 time as Robinson at the Combine so he's got great speed as well. Paul was still in the 4.4 range as well and as mentioned before, even tho Royster may not be a burner, the kid runs very smoothly and I think is faster than advertised. Our offense will be a lot more explosive if these receivers can find a way to get on the field and contribute as rookies.

I say receivers because I think RB is a much easier transition and Shanahan will get these backs producing as rookies even if they're not starting right away.

A lot of people don't realize he was a 3-year starter at NT in a 3-4 defense that was #3 in the NCAA in points allowed last year.

Yep im a HUGE wvu fan and watchs every game of theirs and Chris Neild did play in a defense thats called 3-3-5 and he kept getting better and better everyyear.I see him doing the same in the nfl just like he did in college.Yes it will take him awhile but once he gets his feet wet in the nfl he will be just fine and a regular starter for the Skins.Great pick by the Skins

Evan Royster is gonna be the best RB on our roster. He will be top 10 in the league. Dude reminds me of Terrel Davis. Simply too smooth out there running. He fights for each yards and is so graceful when he runs that he just runs past guys. Very underrated runner behind the another Penn Stater

Local kid, too. He went to Westfield, and was also an elite lacrosse player there.

Weird Royster coincidence. He was taken by the Redskins with the 177th overall pick in the draft. His dad is a retired ATF special agent. His dad's ATF badge number? 177.

As an SMU alum myself, I'm fine with it

I hope Aldrick can have the kind of impact for us this year that Emmanuel had in Pittsburgh last year. He'll obviously have a lot of competition with the other rookie WRs and those already on the roster, but a lot of analysts considered him a steal in the sixth round a real value pick for us

As an SMU alum myself, I'm fine with it

I hope Aldrick can have the kind of impact for us this year that Emmanuel had in Pittsburgh last year. He'll obviously have a lot of competition with the other rookie WRs and those already on the roster, but a lot of analysts considered him a steal in the sixth round a real value pick for us

When did you go to SMU? I finished in 2007. :)

“Coach Shanahan, he said to me when they drafted me that I remind him of Terrell Davis,” Royster said via Mike Jones of the Washington Post.

Haha what was said about it?

Really all he said was that he was on extremeskins and saw a thread where someone posted pics of all of our draft picks.

He went on to say that it gets him seised to see all the guys we got. Lerch or JP said if you saw pics from any of the other players drafted of other teams you would be seised.

He mentioned this thread 2-3 times.

Can we really expect much from a NT drafted so late though? The consensus is that Jenkins from Clemson is gonna be playing DE. I would've rather gone after a "sure thing" NT with that 2nd rounder, but either way I'm glad we added 300+ pounds to the DL with the pick.

I'm just not expecting much from Nelid. To me the FO showed they have faith in Anthony Bryant at NT, which I'm still not sold on.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 07:39 PM ----------

Agreed. No matter how down you could be about our picks, its refreshing to see so many young guys that will be competing for a spot on our team. Jason Taylor this is not.

Weird that you say that about Neild and Bryant when Bryant himself was a 6th rounder...

You guys are welcome. I will add the UDFA once we are allowed to sign some. I really like this draft class. I see a ton of potential in this class. I can honestly see Kerrigan, Jenkins, Hankerson, Helu, Paul, Royster AND Neild being serious contributors on this team. If that does happen you can chalk this up as one of the greatest draft classes EVER. But there is a long way until that happens. Honestly getting Kerrigan, Jenkins and Hankerson to be solid contributors, would make it one of the best drafts.

Archived