Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which NFC East Team Has Had the Best Draft So Far?

Conn

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Weren't the pukes crowned SB winners about this time last year...?

How'd that work out?

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 09:50 PM ----------

Using a high pick to select a player who may not see a down during the season?

Seems pretty stupid to me.

:obvious:

---------- Post added May-2nd-2011 at 09:04 AM ----------

Well that depends on how many tickets are sold for the Woman's Bowling Tour event at the stadium ;)

oh snap!

Given how many holes the Skins had, judging a draft by how many year one starters a team added seems a little unfair. A playoff team like the Eagles can't really compete on those grounds; unless just the right player at the right position falls to them. Or they reach for a 26 year old rookie.
The Steelers have been an elite team for awhile, and their draft pick retention rate is really good.

In theory the Skins had a "A" draft, and did what they had to do to fill holes up. But really only 1 definite Starter in the mix. 2 others are "possible" starters. I guess we will all know for sure in 2-3 years how the draft worked out, but you have to like it if your a Skins fan.

The Giants ("A") also did well...and added a Great player on the back end of that defense. Prince can play!!!

The Cowboys ("B-" added a starter and a damn good one at that., Looks like he will be a RT for a year then move over to LT. The best part about him is his ability to play both sides, and with already having Free (he is a MUST RESIGN) the Cowboys now have two really good Tackles that can protect Romo sits to pee. They did not draft another starter in the entire draft and thats frustrating, but i like the direction of it and Bruce Carter can be a good Nickle ILB some time this season. With Sean Lee already on the team, that gives the Cowboys some good "youth" on the inside Backer position.

I dont know much about what the Eagles did. I trust that they will have some good players come out of their draft. They almost always do.

Any other season I would have rated the Skins draft very highly, but I do have one concern this season. With the labor situation as it is, it is possible that training camp/pre-season will be shortened and/or eliminated. If that is the case, it is going to be much harder for the Skins to evaluate all of their draft picks in the limited timeframe. If the teams aren't allowed expanded rosters this season, then that could be a problem. I would have expected them to try and get a couple more 2012 picks instead of so many 2011 picks.

We have so many holes to fill, it was necessary to do it this year after giving away picks for McNabb and Brown last year. I thought we did a good job of replacing the missing 3rd and 4th this year. We have 8 picks going into next year (extra 4th for Campbell) and depending on the CBA, we could get a comp pick or 2. I'd look for more wheeling and dealing next year also to move up and down the 2012 draft.

How much will this draft class affect the upcoming season's results for each team? And it's impossible to judge a draft class now. Only team I can judge is Atlanta which I think pulled a boneheaded trade.
Yes Atlanta gave away the farm, ridiculous.

The Chiefs reached taking Baldwin in the first round.

As disappointed as I was with the Giants getting Amukamara, I was happy they didn't get the best Tackle in the draft Costanzo. I'm also happy Dallas didn't take either of these players. I know they had Smith targeted but I see both of these guys as better.

Every time the Giants drafted the analysts gushed.

Not even close. After the Giants drafted Kiwanuka and JPP, the analysts were dumbfounded. The Giants don't get A's on their draft, ever. Which actually concerns me. When the analysts think they didn't do well, that is when they get a lot of impact from their draft picks. Now, when they are gushing, they probably won't make an impact or much of one. :doh:

;8280692']Not even close. After the Giants drafted Kiwanuka and JPP' date=' the analysts were dumbfounded. The Giants don't get A's on their draft, ever. Which actually concerns me. When the analysts think they didn't do well, that is when they get a lot of impact from their draft picks. Now, when they are gushing, they probably won't make an impact or much of one. :doh:[/quote']

i wouldn't worry for a single a second about it, good people making football decisions makes for good decisions. we will not know the full story of this draft for a couple 3 years, but rest assured its much better to have a team that has the right people in place making those decisions. We are fans, some of us dont even know football......some of us even coach, but it makes us about .000000001% as knowledgeable as those in the teams FO's........we can listen to the draft grades and make some decisions on the players we follow in the college season.........but we dont know ish! hahaha

because i watched almost every snap of Orakpo in college last year i was already sold on him as a skins draft pick. it saddened me to see him go there and i called it. a few skins fans some on the internet and some people in my friends "in real life" questioned it and said that he was too small in the legs and that he didnt have the skill set to be a 3-4 olb in the NFL......I prayed they were right and i was wrong, but it didnt go that way.

I thought Dallas had a winner in Mike Hamlin. I would have put $ on it....see what i know.......haha

bottom line, the skins did well.the Giants did well...we dont know about the Eagles.....and the Boys made some good picks and some head scratchers at the same time. see you in 2-3 years with this......whats most important now is FA and the players that get brought in to fill the real holes on the squad. FS\CB\DE.....if Igor is starting this season i just may not watch a single game .........

I was really, really hoping that Prince Amukamara wouldn't go any of our NFC East rivals. The Giants easily have the best starting 4 corners in the NFL, with Amukamara probably ending up as the best of the 4 when all is said and done.

His game reminds me of Darelle Revis. I really hope Amukamara doesn't become as good as him. :(

;8280692']Not even close. After the Giants drafted Kiwanuka and JPP' date=' the analysts were dumbfounded. The Giants don't get A's on their draft, ever. Which actually concerns me. When the analysts think they didn't do well, that is when they get a lot of impact from their draft picks. Now, when they are gushing, they probably won't make an impact or much of one. :doh:[/quote']

Tom just as a quick question I heard rumors prior to the lockout the Kiwanuka was on the way out for the giants ...with the emergence of JPP and with Osi do you think he walks ....

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 09:15 AM ----------

Tom just as a quick question I heard rumors prior to the lockout the Kiwanuka was on the way out for the giants ...with the emergence of JPP and with Osi do you think he walks ....

• 2 weeks later...
The giants look to have plenty of new blood on specials. Jennigan, Jones, sahs, and Williams should push guys off the roster if they live up to their potential. The giants had two rookie UDFAs at gunner last year, and lost Hixon in camp. If their special teams don't improve its clearly all on the coach in my mind.
The Giants have a lot of WR's on their roster including many substantial draft picks. Who makes the team along with the obvious Jernigan, Manningham, Smith, Nicks and Hixon?...Thomas, Hagan, Bardin, Calhoun, Clayton, Cruz...

The Giants have a lot of WR's on their roster including many substantial draft picks. Who makes the team along with the obvious Jernigan, Manningham, Smith, Nicks and Hixon?...Thomas, Hagan, Bardin, Calhoun, Clayton, Cruz...

I think the Giants will keep 7 WRs. It shakes out like this:

1. Smith

2. Nicks

3. Manningham

4. Hixon

5. Barden

6. Jerrigan

7. Cruz

cut/not brought back:

8. Hagan

9. Thomas

10. Clayton

11. Calhoun

Its sad to say Hagan will be forced out again as all he ever did was do his job, play specials, and catch everything IMO. I'm sure they will lose one to a season ending injury and try to stash another young guy on IR. I also think Smith starts the year on the PUP. Hagan and Thomas are great on specials, Clayton played hard but never got the ball on offense and Calhoun is worthless on special teams. It would surprise me if the giants kept a different 7 receivers.

Honestly, I have no idea what will happen with Kiwi. I would love for the Giants to keep him but at DE, not LB of any kind. It looks tough when it comes to Kiwi and Cofield. I have a feeling both will be gone.

;8303362']Honestly' date=' I have no idea what will happen with Kiwi. I would love for the Giants to keep him but at DE, not LB of any kind. It looks tough when it comes to Kiwi and Cofield. I have a feeling both will be gone.[/quote']

I'm kinda shocked to be honest. When he was a starter in 2008, it seemed to me that your pass rush was even better with him in the lineup, as opposed to having Osi in the lineup.

I'm kinda shocked to be honest. When he was a starter in 2008, it seemed to me that your pass rush was even better with him in the lineup, as opposed to having Osi in the lineup.

I thought Osi was a goner, but last year Osi really stepped up his game. He played better against the run and forced 10 fumbles. Its tough to ignore that kinda productivity.

The only scenario I see where Kiwi stays with the team this year is if the league is forced to play under the 2010 rules. IF so, he only has 5 years experience so he will be an RFA.

1. Smith

2. Nicks

3. Manningham

4. Hixon

5. Barden

6. Jerrigan

7. Cruz

cut/not brought back:

8. Hagan

9. Thomas

10. Clayton

11. Calhoun

Its sad to say Hagan will be forced out again as all he ever did was do his job, play specials, and catch everything IMO. I'm sure they will lose one to a season ending injury and try to stash another young guy on IR. I also think Smith starts the year on the PUP. Hagan and Thomas are great on specials, Clayton played hard but never got the ball on offense and Calhoun is worthless on special teams. It would surprise me if the giants kept a different 7 receivers.

7 makes sense. Hagan out....that's where I just wasn't sure. He is the kind of #4 WR most teams wants. Is Bardin healthy? I haven't heard his name since the injury. With a few other WR's on the roster I'm sure one makes the PS.

;8304747']I could see Hagan making the team over Barden.
I couldn't. Hagan doesn't really add anything to the team. Every player the Giants drafted except for perhaps the linemen can play special teams. And Hagan' date=' while a solid WR, isn't going to get any playing time there unless the Giants have a repeat of the ridiculous number of injuries they had at WR last season. At the very least, Barden adds a dimension none of the other WR's on the team have.

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 03:38 PM ----------

The problem is all of these guys want to start. Even if Kiwi came back strong and won the starting DE spot opposite Tuck outright, he'd constantly have to be looking over his shoulder at a second team All-Pro and a promising second year player who has been billed as an athletic freak. With his versatility as an LB, Kiwi would have a significantly better chance to succeed on almost any other team in the league.

I couldn't. Hagan doesn't really add anything to the team. Every player the Giants drafted except for perhaps the linemen can play special teams. And Hagan, while a solid WR, isn't going to get any playing time there unless the Giants have a repeat of the ridiculous number of injuries they had at WR last season. At the very least, Barden adds a dimension none of the other WR's on the team have.
Hagans been a decent backup go to guy and special teamer.

Agree with Bardin as he was being used prior to injury. Why does Cruz make the list..what has he done and who the heck is he?

Hagans been a decent backup go to guy and special teamer.

Agree with Bardin as he was being used prior to injury. Why does Cruz make the list..what has he done and who the heck is he?

He was the giants pre-season monster, and he suffered a season ending injury shortly thereafter. The guy has ridiculous hands and ran roughshod over the Jets second stringers. I could see him not making the team. It would just be a shock since the guy has all the right attributes to be a good receiver and sounds like a hardworker. Coughlin raved about him a lot and even kept him on the roster last year over Hagan. So we already know the coaching staff values him higher than Hagan, who is valued higher than Clayton (and probably Thomas). I have no idea what they see in Calhoun other than speed; and horrific special teams play.

I see Barden staying just like Sinorice Moss stayed. Both had talent and injuries and both shined in camp only to never see the field (or get the ball when they hit the field). Barden at the very least can play snaps in the Redzone and probably be effective once teams realize singling up on Nicks near the Goalline is foolish.

How many of these WR's are healthy now...didn't realize how many went down last year or the Hagans had been cut at one point.

Always felt Moss was overrated and over drafted. He had a history of injuries going into the draft and was a straight line route runner.

Archived