Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which NFC East Team Has Had the Best Draft So Far?

ConnSKINS26

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Eagles:

Danny Watkins

Jaiquawn Jarrett

Curtis Marsh

4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 7

Giants:

Prince Amukamara

Marvin Austin

Jerrel Jernigan

4, 6, 6, 6, 7

Redskins:

Ryan Kerrigan

Jarvis Jenkins

Leonard Hankerson

4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7

Cowboys:

Tyron Smith

Bruce Carter

DeMarco Murray

4, 5, 6, 7, 7

I really think we're on top as well.

Giants I've got next. Love that they're adding depth/talent to already strong areas of their team, and areas that keep them on top of the division most years. Like the Jernigan pick, though I wish he went somewhere where he'd get some playing time outside of ST.

Then I've got the Cowboys, although I don't understand the Murray pick. Good player, but he's injury prone like Jones, and a kinda similar player. Like the first two picks though, and I hope that Carter's injury lingers. :evil: Like the risk, though. Smith needs an NFL strength program badly, but if he can keep the weight on and stay healthy, I think he's very like Trent Williams: Incredibly athletic, with franchise LT potential.

I've got the Eagles last. Watkins is good, but he'll be 27 halfway through the season. That's fine if they think they can win in the next 2-3 years with Vick, though. And they've got a young offense overall anyways. Don't like the reach on Jerrett. He's needed in Philly, but not there. And Marsh was another need pick, don't hate it during an obvious run on CB's, but still.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 12:08 AM ----------

I'm being 100% unbiased, and believe that the Redskins had the best draft so far.

But you voted for the Cowboys...

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 12:09 AM ----------

Cincycowboy, step up to the plate and give us your reasons. I do like their draft, but not more than ours.

I want to say the Redskins but I won't be biased. So far, the Giants have acquired some true steals.

I do really love the Prince pick for them, although I've seen many comparison to Rogers in that he doesn't really have ball skills at all. But at the end of the 1st, that's fine. He's not a top ten pick like 'Los was. Austin's a risk, but should be fine on the Giants. The DL vets should help him along.

Jernigan would be a great value for most teams, but I just don't see it with the Giants. He'll just rot on the bench, when he's not returning kicks/punts (if they use him that way). Of course, if Smith leaves, he could jump right in the slot, with Manningham on the outisde, if he beats out Hixon, etc. You never know with WR's how fast or slow they'll develop.

If we're strictly going on talent of the players selected, I'd probably have to say the Giants.

However, I think the Redskins are getting much more overall value from the draft. I mean... the amount of players we'll be adding to our roster is going to be insane and for our situation that's exactly what we needed more than individual talent.

I guess I'm just saying.. the Redskins will benefit more from their draft moves than the Giants will, even though the Giants are getting some amazing steals.

I'm sorry I won't be able to hide my bias (a Cowboys fan turned heel), but I absolutely hate what the Cowboys did after the first round. Carter and Murray were huge reaches, IMO. If that's the players they were targeting, they could have traded down for that.

Jerruhworld continues. He supposedly has a scouting department, but ultimately undermines them via crony advice from the likes of Larry Lacewell and Barry Switzer.

Congrats to all other NFC East teams. Your teams all got better because of this draft.

As for the Dallas Cowboys, they are a joke. Nothing has changed. Jerruh has learned absolutely nothing from past mistakes. I will always be a fan of the Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson years, but I just can't believe what a joke this franchise has become. I will never root for another team or anything stupid like that, but I will root for the end of the Jerruh Era. Still, I can admit to a little jealousy when I see other NFC East teams (notably the Redskins) doing the right thing in the draft and getting good value.

I love the picks we've made thus far; but out of the other three, the Giants have come out looking pretty darn good. I was half hoping we'd snag Prince somewhere along the line to aid our weak corner group. Two starting calibre defensive players who may well just be top quality depth; and an exciting talent for a lil' dude to help out the adopted Manning.

Hail.

I voted the Skins primarily because of the additional picks and the seeming character of the ones so far. Everything I see points to high work ethic, high motor and good skill sets.

The girls and gints scare me a bit because of the 2 UNC picks. I got to watch quite a bit of their play the last 2 seasons and even with the money problems, Austin is a potential game changer, and Carter really stepped up as a leader when the suspensions were in place. Skills are there for both, I believe, and Carter may have a real upside as being the heart of a solid D.

I think you guys have the best draft so far, but it's the Eagles who may see the earliest benefit from their #1 pick. By all accounts, he can step in right now and fill a huge hole. Baldinger, on ESPN, called Watkins the best o-lineman in the draft, and a number of big-time scouts have compared him to Logan Mangin. If we can't keep Vick upright we won't win this year, and the duo of Nick Cole/Max-Jean Gilles hasen't cut the mustard to date.

Redskins did, because they only came in with few draft picks, and now have 10 remaining picks(13 overall). Also I love how they addressed the D to be even better with Kerrigan and Jenkins. Next will be the Giants, because they are going to be very tough on defense now once again with their 3 picks.

I'm sorry I won't be able to hide my bias (a Cowboys fan turned heel), but I absolutely hate what the Cowboys did after the first round. Carter and Murray were huge reaches, IMO. If that's the players they were targeting, they could have traded down for that.

Jerruhworld continues. He supposedly has a scouting department, but ultimately undermines them via crony advice from the likes of Larry Lacewell and Barry Switzer.

Congrats to all other NFC East teams. Your teams all got better because of this draft.

As for the Dallas Cowboys, they are a joke. Nothing has changed. Jerruh has learned absolutely nothing from past mistakes. I will always be a fan of the Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson years, but I just can't believe what a joke this franchise has become. I will never root for another team or anything stupid like that, but I will root for the end of the Jerruh Era. Still, I can admit to a little jealousy when I see other NFC East teams (notably the Redskins) doing the right thing in the draft and getting good value.

Step back from the ledge, my friend.

Carter was Top 15 talent before he injured his knee. He is the future RILB for us, taking over for Brooking. Lee is going to take over for James as the LILB and will be taking on more the blockers then Carter will be. I am not dying over the pick however, we now have our LB group for the next 10 years with Ware-Lee-Carter-Spencer.

Murray makes you scratch your head. But he also adds certain intangibles we DO NOT possess right now.

1) 157 Receptions ... Something Jones nor Choice do well.

2) 29+ Yard avg. on Kick returns.

I love how our 3rd down will look. Dez, Miles, Witten, Roy, Murray. I like it.

I would've liked to draft a Guard or a Safety, but with rumors of us signing Huff and going after a CB, I am not too concerned.

My vote for draft ...

Skins, Boys, Giants, Eagles

Step back from the ledge, my friend.

Carter was Top 15 talent before he injured his knee. He is the future RILB for us, taking over for Brooking. Lee is going to take over for James as the LILB and will be taking on more the blockers then Carter will be. I am not dying over the pick however, we now have our LB group for the next 10 years with Ware-Lee-Carter-Spencer.

Murray makes you scratch your head. But he also adds certain intangibles we DO NOT possess right now.

1) 157 Receptions ... Something Jones nor Choice do well.

2) 29+ Yard avg. on Kick returns.

I love how our 3rd down will look. Dez, Miles, Witten, Roy, Murray. I like it.

I would've liked to draft a Guard or a Safety, but with rumors of us signing Huff and going after a CB, I am not too concerned.

My vote for draft ...

Skins, Boys, Giants, Eagles

Taking a player who suffered a torn ACL late in the season just doesn't make sense with the 41st pick. If the Boys weren't happy with what they saw, they could have traded down to the mid to late 2nd and pick up Carter. I also feel they reached for Murray. JMO I suppose.

Wow...overreact much?

We didn't get better? We have a stud tackle that was a huge need that we drafted....

While the Carter pick was not anticipated, how can you pass on a talent like him when you have guys like James and Brooking who are on their last leg? Please explain?

Murray is going to be a great pick for the Cowboys. Barber is going to be cut. This guy is similar to Felix in his explosiveness but also is the best pass protecting back in the draft and probably the best pass catching back. I was a bit shocked with the pick but after watching what this guy can do, he looks like he will take our offense to another level. We will not have a huge let down going from felix to barber like we have had the past year or so. Now we will be unpredicatable and explosive. This was a good pick, possibly a very good pick.

Keep in mind that FA is still to come and rumors have it that Huff and Asomunga are target of Dallas....

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 12:05 PM ----------

I have to admit, I'm not used to the Redskins actually approaching the draft with any degree of smarts. While I'm not sold completely on who they took, they are drafting like they have a clue this year, which is a first since I can't remember when. I will reserve judgement on who had the best draft until after today.

Taking a player who suffered a torn ACL late in the season just doesn't make sense with the 41st pick. If the Boys weren't happy with what they saw, they could have traded down to the mid to late 2nd and pick up Carter. I also feel they reached for Murray. JMO I suppose.

Same deal with Sean Lee and it looks like we landed a good one with Sean.

Murray was another guy who would've went way earlier despite the injury.

Neither guy has to come in and be a Day 1 starter and have time to learn under guys with experience and eventually take a larger role.

I see Carter playing Nickel LB ala Kevin Burnett of a few years ago.

Carter will also be fully recovered by Summer.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 12:10 PM ----------

I have to admit, I'm not used to the Redskins actually approaching the draft with any degree of smarts. While I'm not sold completely on who they took, they are drafting like they have a clue this year, which is a first since I can't remember when. I will reserve judgement on who had the best draft until after today.

Agreed. It's a great approach. Just hope they don't try to get over cute like we did in 2009 and forget to land quality guys.

I see Carter playing Nickel LB ala Kevin Burnett of a few years ago.

Carter will also be fully recovered by Summer.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 12:10 PM ----------

Agreed. It's a great approach. Just hope they don't try to get over cute like we did in 2009 and forget to land quality guys.

This is a great point and fills a HUGE need for us as we couldn't cover the middle of the field last year at all. Carter is one of the better coverage lb's in the draft, so this will fill an important role for us right off the bat.

Archived