Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sbnation.com: Round 2 mock draft

21MadFan

http://www.sbnation.com/2011-nfl-draft/2011/4/29/2141709/round-2-nfl-mock-draft-daquan-bowers

Apr 29, 2011 - Back in January, right after Stanford QB Andrew Luck threw everyone for a loop and decided to return to school for his junior season, SI's Peter King declared that Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers was the early front-runner to be the No. 1 overall pick. A little over three months later, Bowers will still be on the board when Round Two of the 2011 NFL Draft begins.

If the first round proved anything last night, it's that every 2011 NFL Mock Draft out there wouldn't take long before it was shot to sunshine. Most of them included Bowers, and no later than No. 20 to Tampa Bay in most cases. Here, we project an entire Round Two Mock Draft - and Bowers may not have to wait long tonight to hear his name called.

41. Washington Redskins: Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada. I still think it's likely that the Redskins look for a developmental quarterback, and Kaepernick has considerable upside.

49. Washington Redskins: Rodney Hudson, OG, Florida State. This pick acquired from Jacksonville when Washington moved down in Round 1. Hudson is an ideal fit for the zone-blocking scheme, and has the versatility to play center.

I'd trust Shanahan's history and not take a RB in round 2 with the understanding that he'll find a good back later in the draft. Plus, Torrain showed a lot of promise last year and should be better this year. I like the idea of beefing up the offensive line in the draft if there are solid, guaranteed starter material OL prospects on the board. Or, get a nose tackle to help out the defense since fat boy will be of no help. The more push we get from the middle, the better Rak and Kerrigan will be.

Trade back and go NT & OL please.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 01:20 PM ----------

Paea and Wisnewski!!!! Beef up our o and d lines!!!

The biggest issue there is that I don't know if Paea is a 3-4 NT or not.

Analysis: "Paea is a tremendous college defensive lineman who plays with a nonstop motor. Size is a limiting factor yet if put in a position to best use his talents, he will undoubtedly produce at the next level as a starter. He would be best as a three-technique lineman or one-gap tackle."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2011/players/79775.html#ixzz1KvwXhlYq

If Mallett's there, we take him over Kaepernick. I'd be happy with the Hudson pick, but I think we'd grab Hankerson if he's there, too.

I definitely wouldn't say your first statement with any certainty.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 05:24 PM ----------

dont be surprised if its a pick like Greg Little after Ryan Williams.... going to need someone for Vince Young ;) to throw to opposite moss and armstrong

If McNabb wasn't a fit, Young would be even less so.

I do like Greg Little a lot though. He's like a taller Boldin with Speed. IF we do pick a WR, that's who I'd want.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 05:25 PM ----------

dont be surprised if its a pick like Greg Little after Ryan Williams.... going to need someone for Vince Young ;) to throw to opposite moss and armstrong

If McNabb wasn't a fit, Young would be even less so.

I do like Greg Little a lot though. He's like a taller Boldin with Speed. IF we do pick a WR, that's who I'd want.

Archived