Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sbnation.com: Round 2 mock draft

21MadFan

I definitely wouldn't say your first statement with any certainty.

I would. Kaepernick is a project QB, not going to start this year. Mallett will be starting no later than week 6. Mallett can make all the right reads and the right throws. The only thing K has over him is mobility.

I'm hoping we can swing a trade down with one of these picks to pick up a third...entirely possible given the level of talent at the top end of the 2nd round. Of course, there's talent we could use there too so...if we stay put...I'm for something like Ras-I Dowling + Hudson/Wisnewski. Hudson loses value IMO if the coaches don't think he's a potential solution at center. It could also go a ton of different ways and I'd still be happy. There's a bunch of talent there after what happened in the first.

God please no to the QB.

Agreed. I really don't like any of the remaining. And do you really want to draft a QB in the 2nd round with the word, "Developement" before it? I'd take and combo of OL, DL and WR. No RB either. Damn I hope NE takes Ryan Williams so all these Hokie Homers would STHU.

What I don't get is how the fans have been screaming at the FO to get fatties (OL, DL) for years with our picks. But when it comes down to it, the average Joe Schmoe fan in here wants a damn RB or a project QB. We have Torain, K Williams and J Davis on the roster. No need to reach for a RB in the 2nd. We NEED WRs. Moss is unsigned and we have AA, Banks, Ausint and Roydell Williams. Not exactly a HOF bunch. WR is the only skill position besides both lines that we need to be looking at with our 2 second rounders. Crap on a cracker when are you guys going to learn that the "wide loads" win games? I will add that we need a franchise QB, but call me when one drops in the 2nd round. Otherwise, we have Beck as our project QB already.

I think there is a couple of ways we could go here.I like the idea of grabbing Dalton or Mallett if they are there(doubt Dalton is... probably have to trade up if they want him).I think we need a NT and I personally like Sione Fua and would love to see us grab him.(He may still be there in the 3rd if we trade down maybe we get a 3rd?)With Carlos and Buchanon possibly departing I think Davon House CB would be an awesome pick but don't see it happening.Grabbing a WR like Greg Little,Leonard Hankerson,Torry Smith could all be possiblities.

Pretty sure Shanahan is counting on the two 2nd rounders producing players who can start, eff drafting a QB who is a project, I would rather we draft Oline with both picks as there is a ton of talent on the board and guys who could start for us next season but if we do use one on a QB it better be Mallett over the kid from Nevada.

No way I want a QB or a RB here. OL and NT is the way to go and nothing else is worth it right now... Geez, you guys really want to put a developmental QB behind Rabach? Lots of times I read here and there that our line sucks and it needs to address, and all of a sudden you're getting crazy for some sexy picks...

I'm gonna start to wonder if all those nicknames are not vinny in disguise...

I want 2 of either OL/DL or one of each.

Whoever we draft, I want their combined weight to be north of 600 lbs.

This will be a good draft if that happens.

Paea and Wisnewski!!!! Beef up our o and d lines!!!

this would make me happy, very happy.

What I don't get is how the fans have been screaming at the FO to get fatties (OL, DL) for years with our picks. But when it comes down to it, the average Joe Schmoe fan in here wants a damn RB or a project QB. We have Torain, K Williams and J Davis on the roster. No need to reach for a RB in the 2nd. We NEED WRs. Moss is unsigned and we have AA, Banks, Ausint and Roydell Williams. Not exactly a HOF bunch. WR is the only skill position besides both lines that we need to be looking at with our 2 second rounders. Crap on a cracker when are you guys going to learn that the "wide loads" win games? I will add that we need a franchise QB, but call me when one drops in the 2nd round. Otherwise, we have Beck as our project QB already.
No way I want a QB or a RB here. OL and NT is the way to go and nothing else is worth it right now... Geez, you guys really want to put a developmental QB behind Rabach? Lots of times I read here and there that our line sucks and it needs to address, and all of a sudden you're getting crazy for some sexy picks...

I'm gonna start to wonder if all those nicknames are not vinny in disguise...

I said the same thing.

Other than Drew Brees, there has never been a second round franchise QB. Forget QB. Wait til next year. Fix that awful OL first. Draft Hudson of FL State at 41 and Clint Boling of Georgia at 49. Hudson is a G/C and Boling is a true guard. Wisniewski is 5th round material at best. I don't care if they draft him in the fifth but not in the second.

Getting Hudson and Boling in the draft, you re-sign Jamaal Brown or get a good right tackle through FA, then you can leave Lichtensteiger as the lone holdover in the interior and you begin to let your young guys be the depth that has been sorely lacking. Keep Montgomery, Cook and Capers as depth. Start Hudson at Center and Boling as Right Guard. Keep Heyer for one year in case of injury to the starters. Keep Rabach through the final cuts to pass on all he can to the young C/G's. Find another starter who plays guard or tackle next year in the second or third round.

OL fixed.

Buffalo,Cincy,San Fran and Oakland(if they trade up)all could take a QB before us in the 2nd.So Dalton,Mallett and Kaepernick could be gone by our pick.If we DO take one perhaps we take Stanzi,Enderle or McElroy? I think trade down if we can and address OL(Wisnewski,Rackley,Hudson..) or Maybe WR or NT.I still really like S,Fua and Hankerson.

Archived