Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny Poll

hitmandm

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

WTF???? Drafting a QB they think will be a franchise QB of the future is win now? Win now would be trading number 10 for Favre or someone. I think you are way off base on this one.

Even people who are really high on Gabbert should be able to admit that he isn't some can't-miss, once every few years type of prospect. The team won't be trading up for him because he is just too good to pass up. It would be becasue they don't want to wait to get a QB in place. And the loss of draft picks, btw, pretty much insures that the rest of the team is going to have to be built thru Free Agency.

If not "win now", it's at least "win very soon".

How many people here are professional quarterback scouts? If we pick Gabbert and he sucks, then you can say i told you so. But until then lets see what happens.

I think this franchise is going nowhere until we draft a QB. I will be satisfied if Shanny picks Gabbert, at least wheels will be in motion. Will be pissed if it costs us next year's r1 pick (considering we will probably be top 10 again) but I dont think bruce allen is going to do that.

So trading away three starters when we have close to 8 or 9 holes on this team is a good idea? I think not.

Just because you have 3 draft picks doesn't = 3 starters. If the F.O. thinks Gabbert is the guy that will lead this team and are willing to ride or die with him then they should pull the trigger.

A franchise QB is worth 3 starters.....if not more. :2cents:

Yea you're right. And if he ends up being the man for the next 10 years or whatever that way more valuable that those other picks b/c im sure someone of them are going to go toward getting a QB.

I just feel like it's a lot to give up and would hate for him to bust. But i guess we will never know if we dont take the chance.

To me it would prove that we are still in the win now and not build for the future.
How? This draft is not about the 2011 season as much as it is about the next 5-15 years. Getting a QB who our coach and GM think is a franchise QB, even if it means giving up picks, is a build for the future move.

For me, I think it boils down to this:

Do I trust Mike Shanahan and his staff of professional football scouts over the analysis of fans on a message board or some overhyped draft "experts" who have been wrong way more than they've ever been right?

And that makes it a pretty easy decision in my book.

Whoever they pick, I'm on board. I trust in what they do.

By the same token I don't call a plumber when my lights don't work.

~Bang

Do I trust Mike Shanahan and his staff of professional football scouts over the analysis of fans on a message board or some overhyped draft "experts" who have been wrong way more than they've ever been right?

~Bang

Ah, but would you call an electrician who had a long history of positive online reviews, mostly from about 15 years ago, but whose reviews recently were pretty mediocre?

Ah, but would you call an electrician who had a long history of positive online reviews, mostly from about 15 years ago, but whose reviews recently were pretty mediocre?

No, because he would have no standing to hire him in the first place. It's not his house.

~Bang

Shanahan should totally listen to our collective wisdom about this draft, that we pronounce a year later after we see the results. :silly:

Archived