Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

michigan messenger: Foster children clothing only from second hand stores

Thiebear

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the food and gas price thread remains silent because there's no longer a right-wing boogeyman to blame there.

I figured this qualified as a right wing boogeyman... hopefully few and far between, but you have to point out the morans when they poke their heads up.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the food and gas price thread remains silent because there's no longer a right-wing boogeyman to blame there.

Only because the democrats that have called the white house home have been equally complicit in the continuation of horrible economic and regulation policy.

Not just that. Its also because none of us have an easy solution to that complicated problem.

This thread is easy, however. At least for most of us. :)

Not just that. Its also because none of us have an easy solution to that complicated problem.

This thread is easy, however. At least for most of us. :)

Until two-odd years ago, it was a one letter answer. W. Now suddenly it's hard. :ols:

The subtextual message is really lousy. Don't you agree? Do you really want people telling these kids that they're second hand citizens only good enough for the scraps others discard?

hmmm i dont see it.

Theres families outthere who are poor and barely get by and buy clothes from thrift store.

Sometimes you have to be happy with what you have.

Why do i have to drive around a 2nd hand toyota corolla when everyone else is driving mercedes?

hmmm i dont see it.

Theres families outthere who are poor and barely get by and buy clothes from thrift store.

Sometimes you have to be happy with what you have.

Why do i have to drive around a 2nd hand toyota corolla when everyone else is driving mercedes?

YEAH!!!

Vehicle redistribution!!!! :ols:

Until two-odd years ago, it was a one letter answer. W. Now suddenly it's hard. :ols:

No actually the answer was "supply side and deregulation doesn't work".

How did you enjoy the massive financial meltdown we just experienced? Love it? I hope so because the situation hasn't reversed itself so they'll be another soon.

Very intelligent response. Thank you.

I thought it was valid (OK, maybe a bit sarcastic), especially if you consider that these kids are likely already at risk. Making it harder for them to fit in socially isn't going to help your odds of not having to support them later, whether through welfare or incarceration. That stuff's expensive, and can span generations.

My ten year old brother has been in foster care for two years.

If Virginia ever tried to pull a stunt like this, I'd be beyond pissed.

You're going to take a child out of a crappy home situation and put him somewhere where things are almost just as crappy and then tell him all he can wear is scraps?

Screw that.

I wonder how much they benefitted from government contracts subsidied and bailouts

---------- Post added April-25th-2011 at 12:04 AM ----------

typical Republican cowards taking out the economic woes on the elderly, poor and children who are either unwanted or were in a bad home situation.

All in hopes of the right wing dream of a nation where the masses are so poor they happy to work for less than what is now minimum wage

---------- Post added April-25th-2011 at 12:31 AM ----------

These Republicans are just so short sighted just look at the children working in sweat shops in Indo Asia, you could take these foster kids and put them to work where they can make clothes and wear the left overs which of course will be taken out of their wages. Turn Michigan into a right to work state and cheer when jobs are kept in America and given to this kids for 10 cents per article of clothing.

So when the government bailed out companies the right railed against the government dictating wages and bonuses but it is okay for the government to tell a foster kid how to spend their 79 dollar clothing allowence for a month?

All so Michagin corporations can get 1.8 billion in tax cuts, not to mention the state is borrowing 50 million dollars from Canada to build a bridge

Since ya like charts

ED-AN418_1taxes_D_20110417172403.jpg

guess who is gonna have taxable income

Well, if you're trying to suggest that we tax wealth as well as income, you're chart does seem to support it. ;)

But that chart is showing a hump in the middle because of the high number of total people in that bracket, correct?

Doesn't address the question of which set of individuals can more easily afford a tax increase.

I just got a brand new pair of jeans for $4, nice wind breaker vest for $5 and a couch for my dogs for $15 at the goodwill. I also got a complete Mike McGill for under 5 bucks. I love that place

I'm right now wearing a $13 dress shirt from Wal-Mart, a $1.59 tie from goodwill, and a pair of pants that I was outraged I had to pay $40 for...

Almost all of my clothes cost less than $20, including the jeans I bought from Costco which were $17 and they're Kennith Cole (I think).... (Except my socks and underwear, I'm kinda weird about those things, but bought new from Walmart/Kmart)...

And damnit I looked good last night... Had my Caps shirt on (which I socially engineered the cashier to accept my UNCG Student ID for a 10% discount because they had a sign out front) $20 and those jeans mentioned above...

Archived