Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor - Redskins Already Have 2 Trade-Down Pacts In Place To Gain a 2nd Rounder

3 Rings

Are you saying we have 2 different scenarios where we would either have to accept one OR the other or do we have 2 pacts made where we will trade down to say 14, then trade down again to 28 or something like that?

Nah, what I think I have been hinted toward is that they have two scenarios where, if the player is there at 10, the Redskins will pick up a second rounder and swap first round positions. I am speculating on St Louis, but again I wasn't corrected by my source when I asked. San Diego is a logical answer as is New England I think. I AM told that the Redskins want to take Locker, but don't want to take him at 10.

My opinion is that you might see Locker/Paea or Phil Taylor/Brooks Reed kind of combination or Locker/Brooks Reed/Steve Wisniewski.

Interesting so Kyle and Mike like different guys, give us some hints initials or something lol.

I'm not sold on Dalton who i've read rumored or Ponder. I think those guys should'nt sniff the top 50 players on any teams board. I'd much rather have a Tyrod Taylor/McElroy type later in the draft. And I pray 1 of those QB's don't cost us a chance to get Ryan Williams who I think is gonna be a future probowl running back i've watched him since Stonewall Jackson HS. I hate rooting for hokies but the kid is the real deal.

My guess is:

Shanny -> Locker

Kyle -> Dalton

It's pretty well discussed that Shanahan looks at the youtube-esque cuts of players and believes that great coaching can get a player to perform at that level with some consistency.

I don't know about what Kyle would want, but close to Schaub seems about right. Mobility isn't that big of a deal. Good arm. Ability to make multiple reads. Good accuracy. Will hang in the pocket and make the play.

Are you saying we have 2 different scenarios where we would either have to accept one OR the other or do we have 2 pacts made where we will trade down to say 14, then trade down again to 28 or something like that?

What I'm told is that the Skins have two trade down options on th table based on two different players being available at #10. Essentially the Skins would swap first round positions and pick up an extra second rounder. I am speculating that St Louis is involved (and again I wasn't corrected by my source) but it could be San Diego which is logical or even New England.

I AM told that the Skins want to take Locker but don't want to do so at #10. I am guessing that, should one of these trades go through, you might see a Locker/Paea or P Taylor/Brooks Reed combination or Locker/Brooks Reed/Steve Wisniewski.

What I am understanding is that they have two deals in place to trade down based upon two DIFFERENT players falling to #10. Essentially the Skins would flip flop first round positions and pick up an extra second rounder. I speculated that St Louis was one of the partners (and I was not corrected by my source) but it could be San Diego which is logical or even New England.

I AM told that they want to take Locker but not at #10 and that it is a unanimous decision that they like him (Shanahans and Allen) but they don't want it to look like they reached too far for him. I think you might see a Locker/Paea or P Taylor/Brooks Reed combination or maybe a Locker/Brooks Reed/Steve Wisniewski scenario.

San Diego makes sense considering they have two 2nd round picks. Might be a nice way to get Locker/Mallet in the first, and then Ryan Williams plus BPA on defense in the second.

Mallet, Taylor, Williams would be a my favorite haul at the front of the draft. (I don't like Locker's arm or accuracy). It's kind of a shame that we likely have to trade out of #10 because of all our needs. I LOVE Julio Jones but he's got to be a luxury pick at this point and won't last past #10.

Mike likes him more than Kyle. Dalton and locker are rated pretty close.

If we're legitimately talking about taking a QB in the 1st round, any chance you could point out where Mallett stands among the bunch.

---------- Post added April-20th-2011 at 10:07 PM ----------

since when is a 7-9 Rams team considered a powerhouse? :ols:

"an ascending team or a powerhouse" I think the ascending team is the Rams, and the powerhouse they're referring to is the New England Patriots. Just a hunch.

Mike likes him more than Kyle. Dalton and locker are rated pretty close.

Welp. Either way there's gonna be growing pains. I guess we don't have much choice but to start over at QB once again. I'll be glad when the draft is over and we can just get to work on making this a functional team again, regardless of who's under center...

Why oh why would we trade our #10 for an ascending team's offer or a powerhouse team's offer (Rams and Patriots)? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Because unless its in your division, you worry about what helps your team first.

Honestly, as a football fan in general, I almost hope this happens just so that I can see Bradford throwing to Jones for their entire careers. Could be legendary.

---------- Post added April-20th-2011 at 10:11 PM ----------

There is a price for trading down, dont do it! Take the best player with the 10th pick.

Yes...the price is the 10th pick. The reward is multiple later picks (including #14 if its with the Rams) where we can take multiple players to help us. If we're at 10 and the guys we love are gone, we might as well trade back to where we see good value again.

Locker terrifies me. He seems like a great kid that would be very coachable, but I've watched him play a lot and his accuracy issues and lack of football instincts... well, I think some folks are dismissing them way too easy. It's like they've just seen his interviews and highlights or something and say yeah, that's our guy His 20 on the wonderlic only adds to my concerns. It's not a terrible score... but then again it kinda is when you consider how much they prep you for those things now.

But who knows? I would happily be proven wrong. He certainly has great physical skills and is easy to root for. Plus,he's got a great name for a QB.

Whoever we take at QB -- first or second round -- I doubt they'll see much time at all this season. If you consider there's a damn good chance they'll be no training camp and preseason, a rookie QB probably won't even know the basics of the playbook until the mid-point of the season.

YouTube Jake lockers career highlights and 80% of them are him running.

I mean... Dalton had more rushing yards and TDs than Locker last year...

I'd rather have Dalton anyway, but I'm just as worried about him running so much as Locker.

EDIT:

Dalton and Locker had the same number of TDs (6). Locker also had more rushing attempts. But Dalton had more rushing yards.

Yeah I don't know what any of it means anyway so... Who would you take LL?

Archived