Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor - Redskins Already Have 2 Trade-Down Pacts In Place To Gain a 2nd Rounder

3 Rings

IMO that is what it should take to get a top 8 player imo. Otherwise we should just stay at 10 and take Julio because I think he's gonna be a great one. Forget the chart. If they want Julio they will make the move. At least a 3rd and 4th if not a 2nd. I'm not gonna help them out to get their big time weapon for Bradford unless were are getting something significant out the deal too.

Answer:

if they are going to give up a 2nd why wouldnt they just do it with Cleveland to avoid other teams trading up?

IMO that is what it should take to get a top 8 player imo. Otherwise we should just stay at 10 and take Julio because I think he's gonna be a great one. Forget the chart. If they want Julio they will make the move. At least a 3rd and 4th if not a 2nd. I'm not gonna help them out to get their big time weapon for Bradford unless were are getting something significant out the deal too.

While I understand your reasoning completely I don't think that is how we should go about trading back. Julio could be great, but I don't feel it's guaranteed. If we have a willing trade partner and our guy is off the board we need to take fair value having so many holes. Were not a WR away from contending and between FA (Rice and Holmes) and next years draft (Blackmon, Floyd, etc., etc.) that position can be taken care of.

A draft of this quality at positions of such need needs to be taken advantage of.

All I'm saying isTampa is DESPERATE to put Quinn or Aldon Smith next to McCoy. I would say more desperate than St Louis is to get Julio, and definitely more desperate than NE to get anyone.

#10 to TB for #20, a 2nd, and whatever compensation Shanny negotiates

Edit: I should correct myself some, Quinn is TB focus, but any of the top DE's is what they want. Sitting at #20 they are going to have to hope that in a league where the DE is highly prized, that one of the BETTER in this DE class drops. IMO that's too huge a risk when 5 (Quinn, Watt, Smith, Kerrigan, Jordan, Heyward) could be gone by #20

That makes Tampa desperate, and u don't trade up in the first to get ur 2nd or 3rd love, u go to get "your guy". Their guy is Quinn, if ( and strong indications are he will be) he is there at #10, I'm EXTREMELY confident TB pulls the trigger

if they are going to give up a 2nd why wouldnt they just do it with Cleveland to avoid other teams trading up?

Well they can trade with Cleveland or Dallas then. That's fine with me. U don't trade back just to say u trade back. U trade back when the value is there. At 10 if Quinn is on the board I'm taking him period because he is a top 5 player in this draft imo. I also love Julio so if he's on the board I'm gonna need a great offer to get out of that pick. I don't care if he's a WR. I think he's gonna be a special WR who will bring us toughness, great blocking, a Vertical threat plus a move the chains guy. You gotta take the BPA and if he is there I would have no problems taking him

All I'm saying isTampa is DESPERATE to put Quinn or Aldon Smith next to McCoy. I would say more desperate than St Louis is to get Julio, and definitely more desperate than NE to get anyone.

#10 to TB for #20, a 2nd, and whatever compensation Shanny negotiates

Considering how late TB's 2nd is I think a trade up like that is going to take some ball's from TB. A 2nd won't cover 10 spots IMO and they are going to have to give us something extra whether it come this year or next. After spending the picks they did last year addressing the DL I don't see them trading up to take another.

Ur right a 2nd WON'T cover it, but a swap of 1st's, a 2nd and a 4th gets it to a point where it becomes palatable to their front office (Bruce Allen ties ;) ). That's where the "negotiation" is important. TB loses a 2nd & 4th this year, which is inline with value moving from #20 to #10 in the 1st. The issue will be how to complete the deal, either a next years 3rd (which I think should be 2nd considering their may not even be a draft, but whatever), or some "other" combination to complete the transaction

Ur right a 2nd WON'T cover it, but a swap of 1st's, a 2nd and a 4th gets it to a point where it becomes palatable to their front office (Bruce Allen ties ;) ). That's where the "negotiation" is important. TB loses a 2nd & 4th this year, which is inline with value moving from #20 to #10 in the 1st. The issue will be how to complete the deal, either a next years 3rd (which I think should be 2nd considering their may not even be a draft, but whatever), or some "other" combination to complete the transaction

Wait, you think they're going to give up this year's 2nd and 4th and still give up a 3rd next year, too? Or am I reading that wrong? That's just not gonna happen.

And where is this "Tampa is DESPERATE" to move up stuff coming from anyway?

If I'm wrong I'm wrong

It should read swap of 1st's, get a 2nd, and then EITHER this years 4th or NEXT years 3rd ( which I think should be a 2nd due to uncertainty but whatev) Tampa's #1 offseason target was an upgrade to their pass rush, its widely known and widely available to read anywhere (depending on which source u rely on). It could fall thru and never happen, Id put them as the leader in the clubhouse for our #10 pick

if quinn is @ 10.. take him.. thats it.. if no quinn then attempt to trade back.. look out for detriot,rams,tampa,philly,patriots,chargers all looking to move up from what i heard.. just a matter of the right player being there and then the fact that they choose to trade with us and not dallas or cleveland who are 2 teams that will trade back.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong

It should read swap of 1st's, get a 2nd, and then EITHER this years 4th or NEXT years 3rd ( which I think should be a 2nd due to uncertainty but whatev) Tampa's #1 offseason target was an upgrade to their pass rush, its widely known and widely available to read anywhere (depending on which source u rely on). It could fall thru and never happen, Id put them as the leader in the clubhouse for our #10 pick

OK, if you're wrong you're wrong. The clarification on trade value makes a lot more sense.

I agree they want a pass rusher and maybe even will trade up to get one. But I just don't know that there is reason to think they are deperate to do so.

If we trade down to #14 with the Rams and pick up another 2nd, I'd be pretty damn happy. I wouldn't want the pick at #14 to be Locker though. I'd prefer we get J.J. Watt at #14, then get Stephen Paea with one of our 2nd rounders, and then Wisniewki with our other 2nd rounder. We get a DE, NT, and C for good value and each can contribute from day 1.

Of course, this isn't likely with the emphasis on QB...

julio is a different breed imo who can affect the run game also because hes such a phenomenal blocker.

You don't take a receiver top ten because he is a great blocker. Jones has some really good upside but his inconsistent hands worry me and I would have no problem trading down with a team who want him. We need an extra second or third round pick.

Move to 14 and take JJ Watt would be my call. If we move to the lower first with say Tampa that's when the Dalton/Locker pick comes into play.

Edit: I should correct myself some, Quinn is TB focus, but any of the top DE's is what they want. Sitting at #20 they are going to have to hope that in a league where the DE is highly prized, that one of the BETTER in this DE class drops. IMO that's too huge a risk when 5 (Quinn, Watt, Smith, Kerrigan, Jordan, Heyward) could be gone by #20

That makes Tampa desperate, and u don't trade up in the first to get ur 2nd or 3rd love, u go to get "your guy". Their guy is Quinn, if ( and strong indications are he will be) he is there at #10, I'm EXTREMELY confident TB pulls the trigger

If the insiders are correct Quinn is also our guy and if he is available at 10 that is probably the pick we make. The thing is it probable Quinn is picked before 10 in any case. Jones is the trade bait who probably will be there at 10 IMO.

Hmm..It's funny what a year can do. Last year, Locker was supposed to be #1 overall, but he stayed in school, nobody really watched any of his games because they're on the other side of the country, and now all of the sudden, we're 'throwing things' if he's taken at 10. Are we really that football savvy? Do we really have reason to think he's not worth a high pick anymore, or are we saying that because Kiper and co. don't have him that high anymore?

What if, for some reason Andrew Luck falls out of the top ten in mocks next year? I know that seems to be a bad comparison, but my point is, do you know why these guys were projected #1 overall in the first place? I think the first impression is the best. With more time to talk about the player comes more blah blah, more talk about his mechanics, more off the field stuff, more smoke screens...and for the record, Locker's so-so year in Washington should be taken with a grain of salt, because it's just a plain bad team, and has been for awhile. It's like he had to take them to an undefeated record to keep his #1 overall projection.

With that said, I don't think I'd take him at 10. At 10 there should be too much great defensive help which is what this team needs before offense. But that's why I'm posting this in this thread...a trade back, with Locker falling and being picked up...the extra picks used to fill holes, and the Redskins openly building their defense while quietly having a franchise QB in the bullpen.. well that sounds good to me.

Hmm..It's funny what a year can do. Last year, Locker was supposed to be #1 overall, but he stayed in school, nobody really watched any of his games because they're on the other side of the country, and now all of the sudden, we're 'throwing things' if he's taken at 10. Are we really that football savvy? Do we really have reason to think he's not worth a high pick anymore, or are we saying that because Kiper and co. don't have him that high anymore?

What if, for some reason Andrew Luck falls out of the top ten in mocks next year? I know that seems to be a bad comparison, but my point is, do you know why these guys were projected #1 overall in the first place? I think the first impression is the best. With more time to talk about the player comes more blah blah, more talk about his mechanics, more off the field stuff, more smoke screens...and for the record, Locker's so-so year in Washington should be taken with a grain of salt, because it's just a plain bad team, and has been for awhile. It's like he had to take them to an undefeated record to keep his #1 overall projection.

With that said, I don't think I'd take him at 10. At 10 there should be too much great defensive help which is what this team needs before offense. But that's why I'm posting this in this thread...a trade back, with Locker falling and being picked up...the extra picks used to fill holes, and the Redskins openly building their defense while quietly having a franchise QB in the bullpen.. well that sounds good to me.

Mcnabbs performance soured a lot of people on a running/inaccurate pocket qb imo. Skins have not had a franchise hou in forever and everytime we take one in the draft they don't pan out.

There seems so much depth this year for 3-4 or 4-3 defenses that it seems like teams shouldn't be too desperate to trade up for rush linebackers for a 3-4 or DEs for a 4-3 you got Quinn but you also got A. Smith, R. Kerrigan. Then you got DEs that would work for a 3-4 or 4-3 like Watt and Jordan. If I were a team like SD, unless I was in love with one of these guys specifically, I'd wait it out a little and find a partner closer to my pick where I wouldn't have to give up as much -- and there seems to be a shot that one of those guys like lets say Kerrigan falls right to them without having to trade up.

I would like to trade out of round one altogether. Too many holes to fill.

I agree or at the very least trade back twice to land somewhere in the late first round. This draft has too much depth to simply sit at 10 and select Julio Jones when you have no one to throw him the football.

As bad of the OL was last year and the DL it shocks me that people are suggesting we should select a WR or OLB with the first pick. Carriker, Keo, Carter were often times an embarresment they way they got pushed around. The OL was an embaressment most the season, so why not address the trenches in this draft?

As bad of the OL was last year and the DL it shocks me that people are suggesting we should select a WR or OLB with the first pick. Carriker, Keo, Carter were often times an embarresment they way they got pushed around. The OL was an embaressment most the season, so why not address the trenches in this draft?

I did not see Carriker being pushed around at all. I think he's the only bright spot on the DL personally. I'm all for OL, but Ryan Harris is supposedly going to be our RT as soon as an agreement is in place. It's another piece of a work in progress.

Archived