Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

March Madness 2011 Baby!

ACW

:party::dj:

---------- Post added March-18th-2011 at 04:38 PM ----------

Congrats to Mason, but how in the world is there no foul called on that drive?

Pretty sure the GMU player was still moving, but either way that was WAY too much contact not to have a whistle.

Let 'em play.

Amazing game

---------- Post added March-18th-2011 at 04:40 PM ----------

Uh, no.

Not with that much contact.

If the shoe was on the other foot you'd be livid and you know it.

http://twitter.com/JayBilas/statuses/48844857007030272

NOVA: Contact in the lane HAS TO BE CALLED. Block or charge, officials cannot swallow a whistle. PROTECT SHOOTERS and LEGAL DEFENDERS.

They will need to hit their 3's to do so. Does Beilein still run the 1-3-1 D? That always can be a problem to match up against for some teams.

He still runs a 1-3-1. Didn't he beat Duke in the tourney as WVU coach before coming to Michigan? Or that was Huggins?

Amazing game

---------- Post added March-18th-2011 at 04:40 PM ----------

http://twitter.com/JayBilas/statuses/48844857007030272

Yep.

I've reffed basketball for 8 years and I'd have called that a block.

The ref at "C" who came in to call the jump ball from the sideline was WAY too close to the baseline. The C isn't supposed to pass the free throw line, not sure what he was thinking.

Plus, as Bilas said, refereeing is about protecting the players first and foremost. Didn't get a great angle on the replays but that's a foul every time.

Uh, no.

Not with that much contact.

If the shoe was on the other foot you'd be livid and you know it.

I'm livid it wasn't a charge call. Pearson had both feet set and took a direct, out of control charge. Oh well, worked out for us in the end! Go MASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm livid it wasn't a charge call. Pearson had both feet set and took a direct, out of control charge. Oh well, worked out for us in the end! Go MASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree.

As an unbiased observer it looked like he was still moving, but we didn't get a good replay on that.

There was no way that was an "out of control charge".

One way to tell is if the defender goes straight back after the contact, and it seemed like he was falling to the side trying to draw the charge.

Either way, congrats to Mason. I'm not really upset/happy about it, just don't like to see officials screw up that late in a game.

Agreed and I love Barkley and them all in the studio so I must say props to all of coverage team. Way better than what ESPN would be

Thats what killed the NBA. moving from NBC was a bad decision for the league. I was reading something at work and the ratings for game were 8-10 Nieslen on the regular where now on ABC, they get that once in a blue moon. Get rid of weekly triple-headers was stupid for the league and letting espn touch the NBA

Do you realize how good this broadcast tem is. Bringing the Guys over from TNT and NBATV was brilliant. Do not let espn ever touch the tournament

Shame I can't watch most of it

I have been able to exploit a time advantage over cable though by listening on radio

So I'm ahead of everyone again I have the powaaaaahhhh

Archived