Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why so many car insurance commercials?

KevinthePRF

Is it just me or is every other commercial a car insurance commercial?

Like a good neighbor state farm is there / 21rst cnetury guy destroying two cars with running over rocks with a lawnmower / President Palmer for Allstate / Go G money! Progressive brunette / Does switching to Geico really save 15% on your car insurance / E - surance discounts / Man simulating snow on your garage / Geico gecko / Go to the General and save some time!(that might be local) / etc..

I mean is there really this many people fretting over their car insurance savings?

It's a dynamic market for a mandated product with prices that vary greatly for the younger crowd ,which pay rather significant sums....and easy to switch.

Saving 15% off my rates is much less worthwhile than someone paying three times as much

Car Insurance is the biggest scam in the history of the world. You pay for something that if you never have to use it you have wasted your money, but if you have to use it you have to pay more to get it, and they'll charge you more for using it.

Just sayin'.

Car Insurance is incredibly lucractive.

A. It's mandatory.

B. It's rarely used.

Geico is - relatively speaking - a small player in auto insurance. And it spends half a billion in advertising alone. And is still wildly profitable.

Basically, you are giving Warren Buffet money to invest every month. And he only has to pay you back if you wreck your car.

Car Insurance is the biggest scam in the history of the world. You pay for something that if you never have to use it you have wasted your money, but if you have to use it you have to pay more to get it, and they'll charge you more for using it.

Just sayin'.

+1

I had a guy with a suspended license and reckless driving past smash my car to pieces, put me minutes away from death and my insurance company tried its best not to give me my claim.

State Farm Insurance is absolute horse crap.

Just sayin'.

It worth it to transfer that risk to an insurance co. Let's say you pay $1000 a year in premium. Then you it a Mercedes and cause personal injury. The insurance co. Is on the hook. Not you. Your rates go up because you are now a higher risk.

When I was single and younger, I used to do the car insurance flip flop. Company A would lower my rates. But in less than 2 years, it was back up to the same rate I couldn't afford. I would go to Company B, rinse, repeat. Biggest scam in the world when talking about saving a percentage.

There are a lot of ads because it's essentially the same product, so the companies need visibility and brand awareness. What's the quantifiable difference between AllState vs Geico, off the top of your head?

And I believe the ad with the lawnmower pretty much says that they are the same, you get the same service, it's just what your rates are.

It worth it to transfer that risk to an insurance co. Let's say you pay $1000 a year in premium. Then you it a Mercedes and cause personal injury. The insurance co. Is on the hook. Not you. Your rates go up because you are now a higher risk.

I get why it is beneficial, but it is still a scam. Tell me, is there another product out there that you are required to purchase and if you need to use it you have to pay more and are required to pay more in the future for the same product?

There are a lot of ads because it's essentially the same product, so the companies need visibility and brand awareness. What's the quantifiable difference between AllState vs Geico, off the top of your head?

Can't quantify, but I can qualify. Gieco has the gecko. Allstate has the dude who voiced Lambert in Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.

I think the another question is why does Geico have multiple "ad lines" for selling the same product?

So Easy a caveman can do it, the British Gecko, and the money with eyeballs.

Don't forget the whole 'Is Ed "Too Tall" Jones too tall?' series (drill instructor therapist, woodchucks, etc)

I think the another question is why does Geico have multiple "ad lines" for selling the same product?

So Easy a caveman can do it, the British Gecko, and the money with eyeballs.

Probably because they spent half a billion in advertising last year. If you did half a billion with the same spokesperson, you would make people hate your company.

The real question is why do ALL CAR INSURANCE COMMERCIALS SUCK ?!?!

From Progressive's Flo, to Geico's gecko, to Geico's talking stack of money, to Geico's lame narrator "Could switching to GEICO REALLY save you 15% or more on your car insurance ?"

One of their biggest scams is literally raising your rates while you're currently insured, because your credit score has gone down, because they supposedly have "proven studies" that the worse your credit score is, the higher the chance that you will be in a car accident :rolleyes:

Archived