Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Got called today about upgrading to Club Level, they would give me a 25% discount and then put me in the LL in three years. Yeah, didn't buy that, not stupid, but my question is, I thought you had to have 5 year contracts for the club level, how would that work if I did do it? Let alone they said I had two tickets, not four, so I'm gonna have to call them tomorrow to make sure their isn't a mistake and probably have to hear them try to talk me into club for a couple minutes.

Club contracts usually run 3, 6, or 10 years with the 6% escalator. Of course you can negotiate your contract and try and get better terms. I just talked then into Purple parking and better seats on my original contract that was offered on sale at 50% off the regular market price.

Edited by Section106

I renewed my 3; my Dad did not renew his 2 (his are in the lower level, 8 rows up from the field on the goal line, so you may get lucky!). I have been a season ticket holder since 1979; and I guess many of you would call me a fool to renew with all of the doubts about a 2011 season. But I have hope. Shameless Redskin fan. I started as a fan when we drafted Norm Snead to be our QB of the future. (so now everyone knows that I am mentally deranged!)

HTTR

Why not have your father's two tickets transferred to your name and be instantly upgraded to the lower level? Once you have the transfer, or better, have your father ask for a third ticket if you have to have three; then have the tickets transferred from your father's name to yours. I believe there is a small transfer fee but keeping tickets in the family is allowed.

When does the ticket office do the upgrades? When do we find out if we received a upgrade and where our new seats are?

Last year, I got my call to upgrade from the upper level to the lower level on April 29.

As I recall, a few folks reported getting their lower level upgrades (e.g moving from end zone to end zone corner) in early April. Most of the messages posted last year in early to mid March were folks who did not renew by the deadline and started receiving phone calls encouraging them to pay up. And the upper level folks started hearing about their upgrades to lower in the upper deck in May and June. The TO has to start the upgrade process at the bottom (lower level) and work its way up to the top of the upper deck.

The TO cannot delay the upgrade process too long or they will not be able to process all the upgrades before the first pre-season game if a CBA is signed in a reasonable time. And if there is a high turnover in seats, that means they have to start the upgrade process sooner because they have more seats to re-assign and more phone calls to make. I'm hoping to hear about my upgrade in April after my last payment is due.

EDIT -- I should mention that I was not given seat assignments on 4/29/10; the TO called to confirm if I wanted to move down and pay the higher ticket price. I think my new seat assignments were posted to my online account in late May and then I got my "official" letter in the mail in June.

EDIT #2 -- I just looked back on last year's thread and the lower level upgrades were being reported in early May with actual new seat assignments. So the process works from there and up to the upper level seats.

Edited by SonnyandSam

Club contracts usually run 3, 6, or 10 years with the 6% escalator. Of course you can negotiate your contract and try and get better terms. I just talked then into Purple parking and better seats on my original contract that was offered on sale at 50% off the regular market price.

Oh okay, I thought it was by 5 years, makes sense then. I wish I could talk them into giving me Green parking, I'd hate to be stuck in Gray.

Got called today about upgrading to Club Level, they would give me a 25% discount and then put me in the LL in three years. Yeah, didn't buy that, not stupid, but my question is, I thought you had to have 5 year contracts for the club level, how would that work if I did do it? Let alone they said I had two tickets, not four, so I'm gonna have to call them tomorrow to make sure their isn't a mistake and probably have to hear them try to talk me into club for a couple minutes.

I was just on that 3 year upgrade contract, 3 years and then lower level. I received a Lower Level invoice this year which I paid.

I just put my spouse on the waiting list last season and he just got a call 2 days ago offering him tickets. So they are already starting to scramble.

Edited by j23

I kept my two clubs and 2 GAs and they're both paid for, FWIW (yay tax returns and bonus!). I've got a couple more seasons on my club contract and I'm going to try to pick up 2 more GAs before those run out so that when they are gone I will have 4 GAs together in the LL.

I just put my spouse on the waiting list last season and he just got a call 2 days ago offering him tickets. So they are already starting to scramble.

But was the call for General Admission tickets or Premium tickets (e.g. club seats) As soon as your name goes on the GA ticket list everyone starts getting calls for Club seats. This thread is talking primarily about GA ticket renewals. There is no wait list for Club seats.

I got the same "pay now notice" in the mail. I guess since I didn't renew on time there is now way I will get offered better seats to renew.

Not necessarily true. Last year, some people reported getting upgraded but it was after the people who paid on time. I recall one person who called in and told the TO office that he changed his mind and wanted his seats after all. His seats were gone but the new seats he got were a modest improvement....not as big a jump as those of us who paid on time....but he was happy with his upgrade I guess. But a lot of people on the wait list got some great seats that were better than folks who did not pay on time, too.

Just got off the phone with a guy who sounded like he was in the middle of making a noose when I called. He told me that since I did not renew by march 1st that I am not eligble for an upgrade.

Called back an hour later and a very nice guy answered. He explained that they "extended" this option and I would still be elig.ble for an upgrade.

I'm pretty sure I paid the same day I got the renewal stuff in the mail. Does anyone know if that gives me an upgrade advantage over those who renewed later, but before the deadline?

My sense is "no" based on last year. I paid in full quite early....weeks before the first deadline. But others last year reported getting upgraded to the lower level before me; but they had seats in the first three rows of the upper deck while I was in row 5. And it did not matter if you were on the 50 yard line or the goal line. Of course thinkgs could be different this year. They have a year of experience under their belt with the new system and software. I think as long as you paid on time, you are treated equally no matter whether you paid weeks in advance of the deadline or on the last day.

Called back an hour later and a very nice guy answered. He explained that they "extended" this option and I would still be elig.ble for an upgrade.

They did that last year for a couple weeks after the "hard" deadline. The problem is that the ticket office agents often seem to have a different story. Having worked at a call in customer care center myself for several years in the past, some agents are just better than others. Some pay attention and retain all the information they have been provided by management; for some it depends when they show up on the job and when they get the information from their TO manager; and some say whatever they can to avoid a confrontation with the customer. It is that way with every call center. Some are certainly better and more reliable than others.

But based on last year, the TO did not seem to actually start upgrading the lower level until late March/early April.

I'm pretty sure I paid the same day I got the renewal stuff in the mail. Does anyone know if that gives me an upgrade advantage over those who renewed later, but before the deadline?

Based on last year's experience, I think there is no difference in upgrade priority between someone who pays on the first day and someone who pays on the last day of whatever the renewal "extension" deadline turns out to be (I would guess April 1 or April 15). I think that is why the TO offered free tickets to other events this year to get early renewals.