Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I wonder if that means the granite counter/bar tops will go as well, or just the actual SRO tix.

I bet they just leave the space as is unused.  They could always open it back up for a big event (concert or playoff game) in what is FedEx's limited life now.

I wonder if that means the granite counter/bar tops will go as well, or just the actual SRO tix.

I thought I read a quote that said, or at least implied, that the standing room space would stay to be used by Club level patrons. Just no tickets would be sold because they were overcrowding the elites in the club level. Go ahead....someone will flame away. :D

has anyone heard anything about the upgrade system?

i feel like we normally hear something before may...

The option to buy additional tickets ended last Friday.  Hopefully, we will hear something on upgrades this week.

-ct

• Like 1

It looks like the Redskins have decided the best way to fill lower level seats is to allow people to purchase additional seats instead of upgrade. I got a call today telling me that two seats in my section (lower level Redskins sideline) near my row became available (which I appreciated but do not need) and they asked if I wanted to buy them. I asked them what else was available and they had some in 103, 139 and several pairs n 104. My take from that is that the best/only way to upgrade to the lower level sideline seats is to buy additional seats one year and then cancel the original ones the following year. This seems to be the new way of doing business, or at least that's my take FWIW.

they've always operated that way. buying club for a few years, or adding seats, gets you to lower level sideline the fastest. hell, if your account is less than 30 years old you can probably get their faster by cancelling one year and letting them call you and lure you in next year. it's a risk but it's probably faster than trying to upgrade through the system.

the problem is that the auto upgrade system is tenure based, and apparently there's a lot of people with accounts that have been with the team for a while. mine was opened in '63 and i normally get slotted for 6 or 7 days after the first upgrade day, by the time i get to look there's still stuff open on the side lines but not a whole lot. i choose to stay in the corner because of price (the 99$/seat all the way around would have been nice for me now :( )

you can get there just by upgrading, but you're going to see the seats eaten up by people who have had their tickets for 60 years first. right now is a prime time to upgrade your seats since so many are giving theirs up.

Edited by tshile

I asked the TO about account tenure on 3 different occasions in the 2000s. I've always wanted to know exactly how far back my ST account goes, at least since Griffith Stadium I know for fact. Anyway, I was first told that all records of tenure were lost after the move in 1997. Another agent said the paper records were lost after everything went digital in the 80s. Still another agent said my account was started in 1989. I know that's definitely wrong because I sat in the same seats throughout the 80s and 90s.

Conclusion...tenure and longevity of STHs doesn't matter much, at least when it comes to upgrades. $ talks. The more seats you're willing to buy, the better location you'll be offered. The auto upgrade system isn't as automatic as they'd like us to believe. 

Edited by RFKFedEx

Well, that seems to be one theory.

But I imagine our account numbers are sequential and determining tenure based on account number would be pretty easy. Unless they reset the numbers at some point, lol.

I'm not sure tenure is a major impediment to the upgrade program. Most long term STHs should be in the seats they prefer. My problem with the auto upgrade program is that participants in the Touchdown club and tailgate club and premium members all get first crack at the seat upgrades regardless of seniority. Also, I think there remain many STHs that are ticket brokers who upgrade tickets. They may have seniority but they are not die hard fans. Those tickets get sold on the internet to whoever wants them including visiting team fans.

• Like 1

You can see what is available if you've gotten the offer to add seats online. There aren't a ton of them, but there are a few nice seats available scattered here and there through the lower sidelines except right on the 50 and in the 200s on the home side. It's showing nothing in the entire upper level.

I don't remember seeing availability like these before, but would guess it might have something to do with the fact that my account itself is now on the sidelines.

So the Redskins have started a Member referral program now to get more club seat buyers. I was on my ticket account online and came across this:

*Current member will receive a Redskins ticket account credit for each premium season seat purchased by referral. Credit of $250 shall be provided for each seat purchased for $2,999 or less for a single season. Credit of $500 shall be provided for each seat purchased for $3,000 or more for a single season. Credit of $500 shall be provided for each seat purchased for $2,999 or less on a multi season agreement. Credit of $1,000 shall be provided for each seat purchased for $3,000 or more on a multi season agreement. Account credit will be issued to current member when referral account is paid in full for first season. Current member will receive a complimentary seat location upgrade by a minimum of one section closer to mid field or three (3) rows closer to first row when referral account is paid in full for first season. Complimentary yearbook to be mailed to current member before conclusion of current season. Current member will receive complimentary yearbook even if referred customer does not purchase premium seats. Limit one (1) yearbook per account. Offer does not apply to any previous purchases or referrals. Cannot be combined with any other offer. and other terms and conditions apply. Offer available only to Premium Redskins season ticket purchasers whose accounts are current and in good standing.

Note that it applies ONLY to Premium Account members. Interesting that they are paying a bounty and giving upgrades for people who find new premium account members. Pretty sweet deal if you know some rich people or businesses. But it also tells us that the Redskins are having great difficulty selling premium seats. The problem is not just isolated to the GA seats, primarily in the upper deck.

As for the seats available in the lower level that Chip found, I don't think that is that unusual. I know when I have gone online for my upgrades, there are dozens of seats available, mostly in the end zones. There remains plenty of people in the lower level who want to move towards the 50 and lots of people available to move down from the upper deck to the lower deck. The real problem is filling seats in the upper deck and the Club level. And with the Band moving back down to the lower level, there will be even fewer seats available for upgrades and for folks moving down from the upper level.

Gave up my stellar seats after several years. No significant issues with Redskins premium membership staff members. They're the bee's knees and were outstanding in accomidation.

My seats were in section 6, right next to the tunnel. I could no longer justify $11,000 a season ($5,500 per seat). Also, they raise the prices each year of the contract, regardless. They use various excuses, but the curve never added up.

As many of you know, I do the whole get-up. I get painted up, and dressed up. Never a dull moment, and I regret nothing. I would have liked to see the team give more consideration, but they're a business, and I understand it.

I'll still be at all the home games, but I'll be using the secondary market to get tickets. Spending that kind of money for a perennial 4 or 5 win team is just murder.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard anything re: seat upgrades?  I checked my e-mails and the last two years I got confirmation of the date that I could access the system on May 1 in 2013 and May 7 in 2014 -- usually the upgrade windows had already started by now I think (not for me but for the most senior).  WTF is going on at the TO?  I'm too lazy, should just call them, but was wondering if anyone here had heard anything....

Has anyone heard anything re: seat upgrades?  I checked my e-mails and the last two years I got confirmation of the date that I could access the system on May 1 in 2013 and May 7 in 2014 -- usually the upgrade windows had already started by now I think (not for me but for the most senior).  WTF is going on at the TO?  I'm too lazy, should just call them, but was wondering if anyone here had heard anything....

My rank uninformed speculation is that they're in total shock at how terrible renewals are, and they don't want to start the upgrade process until they've made a last effort to get people back into their existing seats.  The moment upgrades start, it becomes that much harder to entice someone back if their seats are gone and the best seats have been reallocated. 

My rank uninformed speculation is that they're in total shock at how terrible renewals are, and they don't want to start the upgrade process until they've made a last effort to get people back into their existing seats.  The moment upgrades start, it becomes that much harder to entice someone back if their seats are gone and the best seats have been reallocated. 

That is wrong because you have forgotten about the additional seats sales.  Many, if not all, good and available seats are probably gone already.  It is impossible to entice people back to their seats if they have been resold.

I had to call the ticket office anyway and asked them about the upgrade program while I was on the phone with them.  The TO lady acknowledged that they are really late in starting the program and that they have not been told when it will start.  She guessed it would be in the next few weeks.  Take that guess with a pinch of salt.

-ct

"That is wrong" -- wow, sounds pretty declarative. I guess you have all the answers.

In truth, it's not so cut and dry as that. I have good seats and did not renew. They originally told me I had until April 1 or my seats would be lost. Now I just received a letter yesterday that I had until May 23 to keep my seats. FedEx Nosebleed might be on to something.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to buy 4 seats in Sec 106 LL corner near the Redskins Tunnel for this season at face value, PM me.

"That is wrong" -- wow, sounds pretty declarative. I guess you have all the answers.

Thanks for quoting just the first three words in my post and backing it up with your purely anecdotal example.  Since your four seats were not sold, I stand corrected even though I allowed for that in my post.  But you wouldn't know that if you didn't read past the first three words . . .

Thanks for quoting just the first three words in my post and backing it up with your purely anecdotal example.  Since your four seats were not sold, I stand corrected even though I allowed for that in my post.  But you wouldn't know that if you didn't read past the first three words . . .

WTF?  FedEx speculated that the ticket office is extending their deadline to try to get back people who had dropped their tickets.  Your entire post (not just the first three words) said he's wrong and here's why.

But it turns out that the ticket office has indeed extended their deadline to try to get back people who had dropped their tickets.  You know, like FedEx speculated.  That's the guy you called "wrong."  It's actually happening.  That's not an "anecdotal example" it's called evidence./  As in the kind that disproves your thesis that the ticket office is not extending its deadline to season ticket holders.  And nothing in your post "allowed" for that.  

Dress it up / **** it up however you want, but you called a guy wrong and it turns out you're wrong.