Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Survivor Thread

Forehead

He's right...they ran those seasons back to back. Russell only had a few days rest before he was sent back out, he played damn near 80 straight days. The folks in the second season (The Heroes vs. Villians group) never saw his first season and had no idea what he was about, other than the fact that he was on the Villians tribe for a reason.

Yeah I guess that is true. I wonder if Russell will stick to his old ways this time or try something new. I mean he has made it to the finals both times, but the object is to win. But I like his style of play the most of anyone that has been on Survivor.

You know what, to hell with it, I'm outing myself. I'm a big Survivor geek and I know I'm not the only one on here. I think I've seen all but two seasons in full, and the show is still going strong in Season 20-whatever they're on now.

Dude, after we have had ES members come out of the closet and admit that they both are US Soccer fans, this isn't shocking but unlike them don't corrupt the minds of the young with your fixation.

Dude, after we have had ES members come out of the closet and admit that they both are US Soccer fans, this isn't shocking but unlike them don't corrupt the minds of the young with your fixation.

Your hate makes us stronger, NavyDave :ols:

If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure that in the ES game of Survivor, you would have been the crazy old guy that got a ton of screen time for the first few days and then got voted off quickly, so you wouldn't have to suffer long. ;)

I watch sometimes and I always root for the bad guy, or the goofball. (I called the Fabio win after the 1st episode...I told the wife he ain't as stupid as he's acting)

Johnny Fairplay is my favorite. The "dude, your Grandma died" scheme cooked up by him and pulled off with the help of his buddy was nothing short of brilliant. I was disappointed by how early he bailed on the 2nd go-around.

I wish it would go back to the way it used to be. Survive. Make 'em scrap and scrape for food, fire, etc. You know, like how a couple of them risked drowining to save that tin of rice from being washed away in that flash-flood in Africa?

Make 'em eat bugs & animal guts again. Now they're getting foot-lockers full of hammers, nails, tarps, etc. Compared to the first few seasons, the current version is like Club Med.

I watch sometimes and I always root for the bad guy, or the goofball. (I called the Fabio win after the 1st episode...I told the wife he ain't as stupid as he's acting)

Johnny Fairplay is my favorite. The "dude, your Grandma died" scheme cooked up by him and pulled off with the help of his buddy was nothing short of brilliant. I was disappointed by how early he bailed on the 2nd go-around.

I wish it would go back to the way it used to be. Survive. Make 'em scrap and scrape for food, fire, etc. You know, like how a couple of them risked drowining to save that tin of rice from being washed away in that flash-flood in Africa?

Make 'em eat bugs & animal guts again. Now they're getting foot-lockers full of hammers, nails, tarps, etc. Compared to the first few seasons, the current version is like Club Med.

I believe the rice thing happened in Australia cause it had Keith and Tina trying to save it but yeah I agree. I'm currently rewatching borneo and those guys had it bad nothing was given to them and the rewards weren't always food.

but the show got BORING when people didn't have enough to eat. In Australia, you could see people just sort of fading away, not bother to strategize or anything, because they were too damn hungry. THat Colby guy showed in future repeat performances that he wasn't that great of an athelete, but he kept winning challenges BECAUSE he kept winning challenges... he was the only one eating. That black guy that was from Harvard Law school just seemed like a dullard moron by the time he faded away and got voted off... but he seemed smart and dynamic earlier in teh season. I think that season was just a plain bore.

The interesting thing to me about Russel is that he actually seems to be a fairly WEAK strategist... whenever he schemes or makes a move you think "wtf???" but he uses force of personality and bullying to just force people to his will. It is fascinating. On the other hand... everybody USES him even more than he uses them, because a better workig strategy is to go along with him, and get to the finals, and then have nobody vote for him, because they all hate him. TV viewers really underestimate the players that are low-key strategists, go along with the flow, get along, and only make moves when it is important... but those people usually win.

circe and parvati rocked at that their first seasons, but then once people have SEEN you play, it is harder to do again. I always was annoyed by Sandra, but the fact that she was able to do it TWICE says alot. She really knows WHEN to make moves, and how not to OVER strategize, and how to keep herself well positioned.

other than the irritating guy in thailand... the bullies rarely win it all. and he won it all because he seemed to have been matched up with a troupe of boogereatingmorons.

I was getting kind of tired of Russel anyway. He'll probably make it back somehow. The previews for next week indicate a strong focus on Phillip spear hunting fiddler crabs in his tightey purplies and everybody saying he's getting on their nerves, so that should be pretty entertaining.

How many hidden immunity idols are there? I thought the one at Robs camp was already found. There are more than one?

Kristina played it last week when Matt got the boot, so it's been re-hidden.

Interesting episode this week. Russell finally ran into a group that didn't have a dip**** among them to flip. His two "harem girls" probably aren't long for this game, although Stephanie is getting an edit by CBS that makes me think she may survive longer than we think. Krista is toast, however.

I have to say, I'm sad that Russell is gone. But we had another great Phillip moment, two of them really. His attempting to negotiate with the power of the information he held and failing miserably, and "The Sheppard Stamp" speech at tribal.

I can't remember what season it was, but I just keep getting the funny feeling that when they get down to like 10 people left, redemption island part will end with all eliminated people returning as a tribe with the last person in redemption island getting an immunity from the first time at tribal with the new tribe. Just reminds me of when they did it, without the redemption island gimmick, and had all of the eliminated people return as a new tribe.

Guess we'll see.

Archived