Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Album Cover Game

The Tris

via @edsbs

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2011/2/12/1990707/album-cover-game

1 - Go to Wikipedia and hit random. The first random article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to quotationspage.com and hit random. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”. Third picture no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

[Note: flickr runs the same pictures all day, if you get one that's already been used or one you can't download Reload the page until you do. Might have to reload this a couple times.]

4 - Use picnik.com to put it all together.

5 - Post it with a short story about your made-up band maybe desribing their drug habits, their style, or the songs they play.

No back story on my band yet, but here is the initial cover:

[ATTACH]45158[/ATTACH]

What do you come up with?

CrestedBlenny.jpg

Crested Blenny - We're an alternative rock band from Ireland. We looked to be on the fast track to success when our lead singer Seamus MacGowan went on a bender and went missing for 3 weeks, causing us to cancel some shows and lose a recording contract. He was found passed out on the edge of a bog in Skibbereen mumbling something about "I want to clean your pipes Dil!"

Right now we're looking for a new lead singer.

I feel like I just wasted a lot of time. I struggled mightily downloading the picture from flickr, which seems like it should've been simple. And then the picnik thing was rough for me as well. And I'm not sure the attachment worked, it was showing as a question mark in the window

The damn pic on flickr would not let me "save as" when I clicked on and enlarged it, due to copyright, so I had to save the tiny thumbnail version, so you can hardly read the text I added

Same thing happened to me. I just enlarged the pic and then used the Windows 7 snipping tool, pasted into paint, then uploaded it.

Here's one I did last night:

[ATTACH]45166[/ATTACH]

attachment.php?attachmentid=45166&d=1297779499

Close Combat: First to Fight (Close Combat or F2F for fans), was a anarcho-punk band who rose to prominence in the late 2000s with their mega hit Blood Tears for Lebanon. Comprised of childhood neighbors from San Leandro, CA, Sebastian Douglas-Minchivitz and Steam Hudlick, F2F's meteoric rise was paralleled only by their stunning fall.

Reaching number 4 on the US charts with their single off their first and only album, We're All in this Alone, they quickly ascended from unknown fringe musicians to mainstream rock icons, an unwanted turn for the two. A politically charged duo from their youth in the SF Bay, they abhorred the attention and sudden influx of "fear mongerers", a term they used for any individual who used "blood coins."

Their concerts were frequently peppered with radical protest groups and inpromptu rallies. They were once called "what Chumbawumba would have been had they been birthed by identical sets of methadone addicted single parents." As they steadily alienated their fan base with more and more radical dogma, they sealed their fate as one and done when in a meeting with McDonald's executives to use tracts from an unreleased single in a new Philly Cheese Big Mac Wrap marketing campaign, Hudlick stabbed a senior executive in the neck with a ballpoint pen while screaming "Free Mumia Abu-Jamal!" as Douglas-Minchivitz pulled a fake fetus out of his overcoat and hurled it across the table. Hudlick was tried and convicted of attempted murder, though he is considered a martyr among the counter-culture community.

Archived